Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 6:11 AM
Default Soooo excited!
I found the midwife...she finally showed up after days & days & days! But, she looked awful! Fat & old & just plain ugly! I took her into CAS but nothing was working. For some reason my mod by Grim was not working. I went into options & de-checked everything that I needed, went back into the game...waited for awhile (1...2...3...), then I went back into options & re-checked everything that I wanted...went back into game & low & behold, Grim's is working again! I immediately took her into CAS & fixed what I could & then came across a thread on here on how to get rid of the fat Sims permanently by giving the Herculean legendary trait...& praise be the Sim gods....it worked! Now my Midwife is skinny, pretty & young. Her & the Physician plan on marrying as soon as the King decides to marry Queen Sherrie (Formally known by Queen Frgo). Because in this kingdom, nobody marries or has children until AFTER the King marries & has at least two of his children!

Said all that to say this! Somebody needs to put the legendary trait post in a sticky on top! It's wonderful!! Thanks for all the help & info. :D
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 3:30 PM
The herculean trait to fix fat sims was a temporary workaround. You'd be much better to download and use Deedawg's edit in cas mod, which will retain the body changes you make to fat sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 7:02 PM Last edited by MamaLambNC : 21st Feb 2015 at 10:18 PM.
Oh! That I did not know...I'll be downloading it pronto! Thank you Chickie Teeta...

UPDATE: I downloaded it & it works wonders! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
The herculean trait to fix fat sims was a temporary workaround. You'd be much better to download and use Deedawg's edit in cas mod, which will retain the body changes you make to fat sims.

Your answer to mamalamb is perfect, Chickie, and little is closer to the truth. A Watcher would have to constantly be giving Herculean trait to everyone they wanted thin, and continuing to keep the trait, because if it is changed to another after said Sim becomes thin, the game will re-large them up and OUT, meaning they'll again gain weight, and be as they were when heavy.
The bad part about having too many sims with the Herculean trait, at least for me, is that my Lagger Beer (Peteran Priest) will suffer, and now also my spy, Lyan Deceit, and maybe my blacksmith Qyall Quartz, since the first two have the Bloodthirsty trait, and when legendary trait award time comes, often they receive the Herculean trait replacing Bloodthirsty, and henceforth they become justice doers in my kingdoms avenging those sims who have been attacked by other sims, and getting other bad guys, as they cannot be beat.
If too many have the trait, not only could the game become boring, some joker out there might beat my babies up! Now we can't have that!
Deedawg's mod for improving CAS works well, but I have experienced some odd game behaviors in a few of the ambitions concerning CAS. However I cannot lay them at the feet of Deedawg's mod, as I haven't researched the issues that occurred in any depth.
One of the worst was in one kingdom the only sim I could edit in CAS, or change their clothing in CAS, was Xylan's (monarch). The game would lock CAS up when I tried to change any other sims' clothing, hair etc. Then later I discovered that sims living in the Throne Room could go into CAS and come out, but all other sims could not, not even my hero sims. Once they were in CAS, they forget about ever coming out again, so I was forced to pull up Windows task manager, and shut down my game in order to play it. This was just the one kingdom this occurred recently, but since it has not reoccurred. Mmmm, strange.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 11:24 PM
I found the annoying thing about the herculean trait was it stuck like the fat stuck, once they'd had the trait, the herculean shape couldn't be altered in a way that would take, and I really dislike the look, it's the opposite of herculean imo, I know the idea was lean and muscular, but the guys just look horribly skinny with it. It's not attractive.

I've had Deedawg's EiC in my game since February last year, and haven't experienced any issues with it.
That's a really weird problem your kingdom developed, I can only imagine how frustrating and annoying that would be. I wonder what caused it.
I had a kingdom where if I finished a quest, then added a new building, then went in to cas to make the hero although I could go in to CAS and make them, it would freeze when I clicked done. If I restarted the game it all worked as it should. It took me ages to learn to save at the end of a quest lol. This was before Deedawgs mod though, and not as bad as your problem sounds. I'm glad it was just that one kingdom that affected you.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
I found the annoying thing about the herculean trait was it stuck like the fat stuck, once they'd had the trait, the herculean shape couldn't be altered in a way that would take, and I really dislike the look, it's the opposite of herculean imo, I know the idea was lean and muscular, but the guys just look horribly skinny with it. It's not attractive.

I've had Deedawg's EiC in my game since February last year, and haven't experienced any issues with it.
That's a really weird problem your kingdom developed, I can only imagine how frustrating and annoying that would be. I wonder what caused it.
I had a kingdom where if I finished a quest, then added a new building, then went in to cas to make the hero although I could go in to CAS and make them, it would freeze when I clicked done. If I restarted the game it all worked as it should. It took me ages to learn to save at the end of a quest lol. This was before Deedawgs mod though, and not as bad as your problem sounds. I'm glad it was just that one kingdom that affected you.

As to the cause, I cannot be sure, but I recall having read on the net during my frequent searches on what the problem might be, that it might have been caused by the game lacking VM (Virtual Memory). However in my case, I can not fathom how or why, as of the date this weird event took place, and to now this very moment, I have a total of 32 GB of memory installed, which means my PC has over 64 GB of Virtual Memory. At the time, I had my paging file set to max 4 GB, so I changed it back to Windows managed, and it went back to a huge paging file size, however this did nothing to cure the no sim return from CAS except if you live in the Throne Room problem.
The article I had read may have been referring to the virtual memory from my graphics card as well, as you know it states the VM allowance from the video card in files located in My Document/The Sims Medieval, especially after exceptions are thrown. Damn C++!!!!
However my video cards VM was quite high at the time, so go figure. I told you a few times my game has a tendency to act quirky! Some of it funny as heck, the rest of it, painful, and frustating up the wazoo!

I was near to tears and exhausted from all the reboots and research I had done trying to figure out wtf was going on.

TC Toots, Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.