Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#15426 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Enki : 2nd Mar 2016 at 12:03 AM.
Samantha, Peter and David Ottomas were fishing at a community lot. A witch appeared, consecrated the lot and then tried to summon her spectral cat. However, a popup informed her (and me) that the place was too busy for the cat and she needed more spiritual freedom. There were only half a dozen people in the park and in the past that had never been a problem for an npc witch's spectral cat. So maybe the game has looked at my household size instead? During this session my active household was full (more than full, in fact, it has 14 sims in, both the Ottomas and the Newsons).
So the cat complained she could not come to the park, because a house on the other end of town was full - "This plane of existance is too overcrowded!".
Advertisement
Inventor
#15427 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I don't know if this is vanilla o rit's spurred on by a mod but I think that if you invite a sim to a house that had lived there before but no longer does, there's a high change you don't have to have your sim greet them, they'll just come right in! I see this in a lot of cases where sim parents invite their grown up children over.
I think that's a BFF behavior. My family members in my ToT challenge do it all the time.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Scholar
#15428 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 12:10 AM Last edited by Enki : 2nd Mar 2016 at 9:16 PM.
Another one: Kids cannot karaoke together
(Well, move_objects came to the rescue and Sharla and Gabrielle roared to their hearts' content at home today, but not every family would be willing/able to cough up the money for a second machine.)
Top Secret Researcher
#15429 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 9:11 AM
Penguin can and will walk through your sim's house if that's the only way to get to the snowman.

It's quite cute watching it go up and down the stairs.

Theorist
#15430 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 1:12 PM
Even the base game came with A LOT of content compared to later versions of the Sims....I was quite surprised upon reinstalling the other day. I'd forgotten this. Oh, and all the booklets...how spoiled we were back in the day.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Forum Resident
#15431 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 11:36 PM
Jessica Jordan just bought a gym (community lot) and she uses the ticket machine to charge them for the service she provides. And I thought, there's not a lot of money to be made here, since the machine is set to 25 simoleons. Perhaps I will have my sims purchase a gym membership as well with my check book mod. Anyway, so there I was earning 250 simoleons for the whole day, struggling to figure out how my sims were going to be able to pay their bills.

When I discovered that my sim could act as a personal trainer and earn extra money that way! It's still a bit of a struggle since they have some loans to pay off, but it's much more manageable.
Field Researcher
#15432 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 4:25 AM
When I turned free will off, I discovered that very nice sims (8 points) do the good witch idle left to their own in Castaway Stories. I'm still about to discover whether they do so in the main TS2.
Theorist
#15433 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 4:35 AM
The Smith's once had a penguin that visited their house every evening about the same time. It would enter the front door, go out the back, up a set of spiral stairs just to talk to PT's fish that were hanging on the wall. Sometimes the penguin would jump up as if trying to get the fish. When PT died, the penguin would go over to his headstone, stand around for a minute as if talking to him, then check out the fish before leaving. He stopped coming around after awhile.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#15434 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 4:42 AM
I just discovered that the ridiculous romantic heart bed has a Vibrate option.
Theorist
#15435 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 4:58 PM
That bed is soooo ugly, it could indeed use a make over. Didn't Sims one have a similar bed? Seems to me I remember they had to put money in it too work? I'm glad sims don't still rate woohoo, now that was dumb, yet funny. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#15436 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedSimmies
When I turned free will off, I discovered that very nice sims (8 points) do the good witch idle left to their own in Castaway Stories. I'm still about to discover whether they do so in the main TS2.

Even with free will my very nice sims are doing good witch idle. They are not witches, just sims with high nice points.
Mad Poster
#15437 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 5:27 PM
I don't consider that a witch idle, I consider it a Nice idle. Good witches are doing it 'cause they're nice.

Sims1 had a much better, tackier, gaudier vibrating love bed. I was very disappointed at how drab the Sims2 love bed is. I want the red quilted satin headboard and purple satin sheets! Or at least bedclothes that pick up the normal beddings (so I can get a wonderfully tacky heart bedding and use it on the heart beds).

This despite the fact that I resented having to have the love bed in order to let my sims, ahem, "play in bed," and downloaded some recolors that were more tasteful. If it's gonna be ugly, I'd rather have gaudy than drab any day.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#15438 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 6:59 PM
In the past when I played w/ dogs I usually had all their pet stuff (bed, food dish, chew toy) somewhere throughout the house. This time around, however, I made a dog run area and that's where they stayed. When winter came around it was then I realized that dogs are not affected by weather, which is weird. Why can Sims freeze but not pets. But, anyways, so I just found out that snow and puppies don't mix.

What is Ghost doing?

Ohhh, now I see she's sniffing her puppy Wynter. .. lol

The bump of snow behind her, is a food dish.
Lab Assistant
#15439 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 1:45 AM
Professors who join households outside of University (like Downtown) still materialize as walk-bys at dorms and off-campus housing.
Field Researcher
#15440 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 2:40 AM
That cats can hiss at a fire. I've never seen that before!
Inventor
#15441 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 3:17 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 4th Mar 2016 at 3:39 AM. Reason: Fire is NOT a Food Group! Or whatever.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Oh, honey. I don't remember what I ate for dinner yesterday, so I don't remember exactly, but I think I phrased it as something like the name of the last Asteroid M, and he proceeded to yammer on about asteroids and sanctuaries and one of them ending up crashing in San Francisco Bay (Why does everything always crash/land in San Francisco Bay? There ARE other bays, you know. And gulfs. Even whole oceans.) and bits of it being resurrected as a sanctuary and blah blah. Honestly, my eyes glazed over. It's a fandom geekness that we don't share, unlike our shared Star Trek geekiness. But ultimately he said "Pax Utopia," and that's what stuck in my brain.

Ah, the real-life version of the unreciprocated "Talk about Hobby" command. Your husband and I might have to hang out at ComicCon and shoot the breeze sometime. .

But ask him if he remembers Avalon (the "super Asteroid M" that I was talking about). Yes, it's named after King Arthur's paradise; Magneto always did have a bit of a Messiah Complex.

There have been a lot of Asteroids M thoughout X-Men history, so it was no surprise when the final stage of that X-Men arcade game from 1992 -- you know, the one which came in a whopping six-player version, and which had the Sentinels and Juggernaut join forces with Magneto for some reason, and Juggernaut carried a bazooka for some reason...oh, and "X-Men! Welcome to die!" and "I am Magneto, master of magnet!" and other butcherings of the English language...yeah, that one -- included Asteroid M as the final stage, even though Avalon had already existed in the X-Men universe for quite some time by that point, as I recall.

So I was pretty tickled when Avalon finally showed up as the final stage of X-Men: Children of the Atom in 1994, two years later. And look, there's Exodus and his big, yellow epaulet/pauldron/wing thingies giving Mags some love in the ending too! .

(Spiral was my champion in X-Men: CotA, but all of the Spiral playthroughs on YouTube suck. So you get Cyclops. )

Yeah, I think that's what it is. It's part of MeetMe's mega-download, the Build/Buy half of it, although it's probably available elsewhere, somewhere, since MeetMe gathered things from various places. Anyway, in Meetme's download, the files are in a folder by themselves called BuildMode_HarvestableTropicalTrees_byGwenke. I'm not sure, but I think those files add proper harvesting to the original converted ones on MATY, which seem to lack that function, from what you're saying. If you don't have that, I think if you extract just that folder from MeetMe's download and add it to what you've got, it'll make the harvesting work properly. In my game, it works properly on community lots, too. I don't think vacation-neighborhood community lots are any different, coding- and functioning-wise, than non-vacation community lots.

Well, I did check the subdirectory, and everything seems to be where it should be:

But Jazz tried Gathering from a banana tree which I bought with her money and planted near her dorm. Still no nanners in her inventory.

I've just now Copied the files from the ...Gwenke folder to the Downloads directory itself, just to see if that helps. Also, is there any chance that the gathered bananas are going directly to any refrigerator(s) on the lot? I might have to try a before-and-after checking of the food supplies next time Jazz has a hankering for bananas.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I play on a Harry Potter server in NWN. XD You must be on the only other server still running lol.

Oh, there are still a good number of servers running (albeit not nearly as many as there were before EA hoaxed us about some hackers killing the Master Server and using that as a springboard to shoot NWN like Old Yeller, even though NWN was still thriving by that point). Besides Legacy of the North, there's still Prisoners of the Mist (where I got myself permabanned after calling two or three members of their horrible DM team out on their server politicking and BlueBomber didn't like that), Turmish Lands (which I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole, due to the admin's Port abuse), all two or three Amia servers, Escape from the Underdark...and maybe a few dozen others, including Thay.

I still have a pretty powerful Cleric of Leira (the Goddess of Lies and Deception) on the Thay server, but I had to leave Thay after the DM team let too many hypersensitive "special snowflake" bellyachers have their way one too many times. As per Dungeons & Dragons/Forgotten Realms lore, Thay is supposed to be this brutal, oppressive land ruled by an escalating oligarchy of evil wizards who will gladly leave you in ashes on the streets just because you happen to be an elf or you don't promptly bow your head on encountering a Red Wizard, and these wimpy players and their characters have turned the server into one big hugfest. Maybe I'm just a tad masochistic with my roleplay, but I played a Fighter/Blackguard of Loviatar (Goddess of Torture, Suffering and Agony) on the Thay server's last incarnation half a decade back, and Loviatar welcomed my Blackguard into the fold by sending an erinyes with a devilwhip to flog her within an inch of her life, and I loved playing that out. Another time, I saw a new player with a new character sass another player's Red Wizard to his face, and the Red Wizard immediately mowed him down with an Isaac's Greater Missile Storm spell for his defiance. In today's Thay, I don't see either of those encounters happening anymore. The DMs catering to the wimps have cost the server its edge.

(But that other player's Red Wizard and my Blackguard ended up getting along great, and he'd summon her to his tower every now and then to torture whichever poor fools had earned his ire. They were two birds Lawful Evil human monsters of a feather. Tristella d'Flagellad + Red Wizard Ihsahn 4 life!)

I did dabble on the Harry Potter server back when the Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion server was still around. Remember that one? I didn't stay on Harry Potter for very long before going back to Star Wars: RotR, though; I guess I preferred Sith Lords over Death Eaters. .

Quote: Originally posted by tancred
Professors who join households outside of University (like Downtown) still materialize as walk-bys at dorms and off-campus housing.

Cow Mascots do that too. Even after I married Emma Kimbrell (a Cow Mascot) into Casey Gearsmith's household, she'd still show up at random dorms and campus lots. But that ended after I installed Cyjon's No Alumni Walkby Fix.

Also, as a nod to the topic, more learny stuff! .

Learning negatives counts, I presume. And from Jazz I learned that, whatever enables a Sim to be commanded to kick over trash cans, it's not related to Grouchiness and/or Sloppiness, as I had once thought.

Sims who can be commanded to kick over trash cans are valuable in that they can be a source of virtually unlimited compost. Jazz was able to kick over trash cans on command, but now she can't. I now wonder if it might be mood-related or Relationship-related. I'll have to look into that.

Also, perhaps I had never tried it before, but you can paint beach sand with terrain brushes just as you can paint regular topsoil. And it still behaves as sand too, of course.

So, you know, use your terrain brushes responsibly.

More in a little while!

"$21! Oh, how COULD you?" --Kankritty
Mad Poster
#15442 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 9:23 AM
Sims can trip and fall while dancing! I wasn't able to hit the pause key in time to take a screenshot, though.

EDIT: It happened again. Also, ouch:

Undead Molten Llama
#15443 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Ah, the real-life version of the unreciprocated "Talk about Hobby" command. Your husband and I might have to hang out at ComicCon and shoot the breeze sometime. .

Exactly! We will tandem-nerd about Star Trek, but....Well, X-Men (and to a lesser extent comic books in general) is to him what simming is to me: Things that we love but don't love together. He's got his X-Men buddies, I've got my simming buddies, and we're happy as clams sitting on the couch together with our respective laptops, yakking on our respective forums-of-choice about them. I will ask him about the Avalon thing. I'm sure he knows about it but I made him think of a different "string" in the X-Men 'verse. From what I understand there are many, between the comics, the cartoons, the movies, etc. He's not here at the moment, though. He went out to do his other passion: Grocery shopping, which for him takes HOURS because he goes to four different stores to get different types of things. Which, hey, fine by me, because I HATE grocery shopping.

But anyway, he goes to ComicCon every year (assuming you're talking about the San Diego one) -- used to work for the con, in fact -- and will be there this year (I won't be; my con-going days are long past, I'm afraid), so...Yeah, y'all should hook up and nerd.

Quote:
Well, I did check the subdirectory, and everything seems to be where it should be:

But Jazz tried Gathering from a banana tree which I bought with her money and planted near her dorm. Still no nanners in her inventory.

Hmmmm...Well, all I can say is that it works in my game, and all my Castaway Stories conversions came from Meetme's download, nowhere else. So, if jiggering with directories and such doesn't work, maybe delete what you've got and use the ones in Meetme's archive instead. It's possible she has updated ones in there or something. If THAT doesn't work, then maybe you've got something that's conflicting, although I don't know what that could possibly be...

In my game, gathered bananas and whatnot go into the gathering Sim's directory, just as such stuff does when Seasons crops are harvested. So, if they're not showing in Jazz's inventory, then I'm going to say that the gathering function just isn't working properly, although I really don't know why. Whatever the case, I hope you get it straightened out. They're a nice supplement to the Seasons trees, even though they are easier in that they don't need tending and don't get bug infestations and such.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#15444 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 7:40 AM
I had a sim named Vivian try to do the negative interaction "gross out" to a sim named Judah. Turns out, Judah loves when other Sims burp and fart all over him. He couldn't stop giggling over it and there were no negative reactions from him. In fact, he got a double positive towards their relationship from it. Oh and yes..he is a very sloppy sim. Figures.
Mad Poster
#15445 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 8:21 AM
Today I learned that if you bring a pet to a community lot, about fifty stray pets show up and destroy all the furniture.
Lab Assistant
#15446 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 8:58 AM
Today I realised that no topics are off limits when adults are talking to children.

Today, Bea Arkwright say down with young Dorian and had an animated conversation about woohoo. This was probably triggered by the fact she'd had sex with Joe Carr for the first time the previous night, but I'm choosing to interpret it as him asking where babies come from.
Mad Poster
#15447 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ice_Elf
Today I realised that no topics are off limits when adults are talking to children.

Today, Bea Arkwright say down with young Dorian and had an animated conversation about woohoo. This was probably triggered by the fact she'd had sex with Joe Carr for the first time the previous night, but I'm choosing to interpret it as him asking where babies come from.

In Hazelton, I recall one of my sims having an excited conversation with a child about how he'd just scored his first woohoo...with the kid's mother.
Very awkward.
I chose to interpret it as the kid asking about the strange noises coming from the bedroom and the adult trying to figure out how to phrase it.
Mad Poster
#15448 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
I did dabble on the Harry Potter server back when the Star Wars: Rise of the Rebellion server was still around. Remember that one? I didn't stay on Harry Potter for very long before going back to Star Wars: RotR, though; I guess I preferred Sith Lords over Death Eaters. .

Don't remember that one. I mainly used to play on an Aussie server called Mystara Black Horizon, but it is sadly dead now. You would probably have hated my chars; I'm terrible at playing evil lol. Although I do have a char on the HP server with the potential for getting into the Dark Arts, but alas she lacks a mentor. I'd recommend the server though if you like Harry Potter.

Exactly! We will tandem-nerd about Star Trek, but....Well, X-Men (and to a lesser extent comic books in general) is to him what simming is to me: Things that we love but don't love together. He's got his X-Men buddies, I've got my simming buddies, and we're happy as clams sitting on the couch together with our respective laptops, yakking on our respective forums-of-choice about them.

Bring him over to the dark side!

For example.

https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=525865
https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=232845
Top Secret Researcher
#15449 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 9:42 AM
The other day, I discovered that lifts don't have to open on the same side on every floor. Sims are able to pivot during the ascension!
Mad Poster
#15450 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 11:29 PM
Dogs can watch waves!

Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 618 of 619