Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 10:55 AM Last edited by seraphime : 19th Jan 2014 at 11:19 AM.
Default Flowers in the Attic Lifetime movie
Has anybody else watched this? Ok so I might be showing my age but I was a big fan of V.C Andrews books, specificly the Dollanganger Series and Casteel Series and Cutler Series. Even though it differs from the book quite a bit I always liked the 1987 movie gotta love Louise Fletcher.

So I just watched the lifetime remake and I'm a little on the fence about the movie. I liked it, it was a good retelling and did follow the book slightly closer but still differed some. This isn't a "OMGOSH its not like the book" thread but just a general question for those that have seen it. Just wondering what everybody thought, of those that have seen it or even those that may have seen the 1987 version.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 9:14 AM
I thought it was decent; Heather Graham always overacts a little, but I thought she was a good casting choice, and so was Ellen Burstyn as the grandmother. Though I thought they made that character less terrifying than I remember her in the novel.

I've never seen the first FitA movie, which everyone recommends because Louise Fletcher. But like you, I was a fan of the novels, and even more so of the Casteel series (not so much of the Cutlers, but I did like the first...Landry, I think, novel).

It was a good enough adaptation that I'll definitely catch the Petals on the Wind movie.
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seraphime
Has anybody else watched this? Ok so I might be showing my age but I was a big fan of V.C Andrews books, specificly the Dollanganger Series and Casteel Series and Cutler Series. Even though it differs from the book quite a bit I always liked the 1987 movie gotta love Louise Fletcher.

So I just watched the lifetime remake and I'm a little on the fence about the movie. I liked it, it was a good retelling and did follow the book slightly closer but still differed some. This isn't a "OMGOSH its not like the book" thread but just a general question for those that have seen it. Just wondering what everybody thought, of those that have seen it or even those that may have seen the 1987 version.

I absolutely loved the movies. I would like to go back and read the books sometime when I have the time to do so, but for now I'm pretty happy with the movie's. The original movie was good but the Lifetime remakes were really good as well. c:

Funnily enough, I actually made a challenge for this which I posted both on the sims 4 website and on my blog. I'm not sure if you're interested in challenges or not but it's an option for you to play it out. Lol. http://chepandia.weebly.com/

I'm still pretty shocked about the kids. D: The relationships are interesting though in some oddly messed up way. haha.