Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Food Replicator XT

by Olipro Posted 8th Nov 2010 at 3:23 PM - Updated 7th Jul 2012 at 6:31 PM by Olipro

93 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 57 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Johnny5clowna : 1st Sep 2011 at 2:21 PM.
My TS3 version says 8.0.152.012001 Will this mod work with that version? Its the absolute latest Gens patch. I JUST updated today, I hope the game wont crash when I try to use your replicator. In fact I might just stop using it, and as Boring as it is use the stove. BTW, I have never been able to use the in game replicator from EA, why is that? I have 2 level 10 cooking skill sims. PM me here or TS3 website, pc452000....
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Sep 2011 at 8:32 AM
Is this compatible with the latest patch for Late Night, or must I have the Generations expansion? Brilliant mod, by the by. I was becoming fed up with the original.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 12:36 PM
I hope you update it for PETS.. I sure dont want a crashy game when I get pets..
Test Subject
#54 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:50 PM
I am running the latest patch and Generations and it doesn't seem to appear. Thoughts?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:47 PM
I have pets and the replicator is working for me!
Test Subject
#56 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 5:44 AM
I have Pets as well. The replicator is working but the food doesn't show up on the plate. For example, if I make ambrosia the plate will show up, but the food itself won't. It's still edible and individual plates have food on them. Also, the ambrosia doesn't seem to fully bring back ghosts. The animation happens but the ghost is still transparent and acts like a ghost. I think it might be conflicting with one of my mods though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lexicool
I have Pets as well. The replicator is working but the food doesn't show up on the plate. For example, if I make ambrosia the plate will show up, but the food itself won't. It's still edible and individual plates have food on them. Also, the ambrosia doesn't seem to fully bring back ghosts. The animation happens but the ghost is still transparent and acts like a ghost. I think it might be conflicting with one of my mods though.

this is not a bug; Ambrosia was never supposed to be available in serving dish form, as a result, there is no texture for it.

As for it not fully bringing back ghosts... I've noticed the same behaviour on occasion with "proper" Ambrosia; it seems to be a caching issue in the game and does eventually fix itself.
Test Subject
#58 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Olipro
this is not a bug; Ambrosia was never supposed to be available in serving dish form, as a result, there is no texture for it.

As for it not fully bringing back ghosts... I've noticed the same behaviour on occasion with "proper" Ambrosia; it seems to be a caching issue in the game and does eventually fix itself.

Thanks! I thought I'd seen my Sims make a big plate, but I guess not....
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 4:08 PM
aww maaaan, it doesnt work without late night?! i think it would be super awesome if you could make another version that doesn't require any EP pleaaaassse

the only ep i have right now is pets (it costs so much money to buy them! and after i see it on the shelf for $40 i start to walk over to ps3 section... and buy like battle field or something for the same price lol)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#60 Old 24th Jan 2012 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenng15
aww maaaan, it doesnt work without late night?! i think it would be super awesome if you could make another version that doesn't require any EP pleaaaassse

the only ep i have right now is pets (it costs so much money to buy them! and after i see it on the shelf for $40 i start to walk over to ps3 section... and buy like battle field or something for the same price lol)

As far as I am aware, providing you update your game to the /latest/ patch, you can use it just fine as you will then end up with the same codebase revision as the EPs.
Test Subject
#61 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 12:16 AM
My game is completely up to date and every time I go to make my sims use the replicator the game crashes and quits.... I don't know what's making it do this, but I LOVE this replicator and it's frustrating I can't use it.....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#62 Old 21st Feb 2012 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spunlikealocket
My game is completely up to date and every time I go to make my sims use the replicator the game crashes and quits.... I don't know what's making it do this, but I LOVE this replicator and it's frustrating I can't use it.....

please provide the version of your base game and all EPs
Test Subject
#63 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 12:01 AM
Default my expansions
please provide the version of your base game and all EPs

I have High end lot, Ambitions, late night, World advs, Fast lane, and obviously, the base sims 3 game.

It was the first mod i installed, and it crashed when i tried to make ambrosia.

ambrosia was the only food i tried to make.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fuzion50
I have High end lot, Ambitions, late night, World advs, Fast lane, and obviously, the base sims 3 game.

It was the first mod i installed, and it crashed when i tried to make ambrosia.

ambrosia was the only food i tried to make.

I need *precise* version numbers, without them, I can't do anything for you.
Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 7:41 PM
I need *precise* version numbers, without them, I can't do anything for you.

where do i find that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#66 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fuzion50
where do i find that.

there are instructions on this website and also locatable with Google. I'm not here to spoonfeed the stupid/lazy.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#67 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 6:09 PM
I love this mod, I hope you'll be upgrading it with the new recipes from Showtime!
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 4:11 PM
So, I gather this is 1.29-compatible?

What about 1.31?

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfection.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#69 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:20 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 12th Mar 2012 at 6:39 AM.
Thanks, Olipro. For making this object better a hundredfold. Would you be able to help point me in the right direction? I was looking through the files of this mod with s3pe, hoping to change one specific thing to suit my style of gameplay. I use Nrass relativity mod to slow time down at many intervals of a sim day. During these slowdowns, three objects stand out as taking a hideously long time for sims to use. The toddler's potty, the stove and the food replicator. I've managed to reset the time limits of the two former objects to get their usage times more relative, but I cannot see anything in the files of this mod to lessen the waiting times for the food to materialize. I'm no coding programmer, that's for certain. Are the time limits even governed by these files, or would I need to look elsewhere? Thanks for your great work, looking forward to the 1.32 update on this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#70 Old 19th Apr 2012 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Thanks, Olipro. For making this object better a hundredfold. Would you be able to help point me in the right direction? I was looking through the files of this mod with s3pe, hoping to change one specific thing to suit my style of gameplay. I use Nrass relativity mod to slow time down at many intervals of a sim day. During these slowdowns, three objects stand out as taking a hideously long time for sims to use. The toddler's potty, the stove and the food replicator. I've managed to reset the time limits of the two former objects to get their usage times more relative, but I cannot see anything in the files of this mod to lessen the waiting times for the food to materialize. I'm no coding programmer, that's for certain. Are the time limits even governed by these files, or would I need to look elsewhere? Thanks for your great work, looking forward to the 1.32 update on this.

The animation is executed by the C# code used for the object - alter the code not to execute the animation and you have what you want.
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 7:04 PM Last edited by JoBrittain : 23rd Apr 2012 at 7:17 PM.
Hey, this seems amazing and I really want to use it, however every time any Sim executes the action to replicate a food (ambrosia), the game crashes and dies...

Saying that, it probably has something to do with this ambrosia group meal mod which appears to be outdated. Probably just a conflict, now that I think about it

In case you wanna check it out anyway, I'm running the standalone base game with no add-ons, version 1.33.2.015002 and here be the dump.

Edit: Nope, i've removed all possible conflicting mods and I'm still getting the crash. Help :L
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Apr 2012 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoBrittain
Hey, this seems amazing and I really want to use it, however every time any Sim executes the action to replicate a food (ambrosia), the game crashes and dies...

Saying that, it probably has something to do with this ambrosia group meal mod which appears to be outdated. Probably just a conflict, now that I think about it

In case you wanna check it out anyway, I'm running the standalone base game with no add-ons, version 1.33.2.015002 and here be the dump.

Edit: Nope, i've removed all possible conflicting mods and I'm still getting the crash. Help :L

Not 100% sure, but it looks like it's out of date, would be your most likely problem. Note it hasn't been updated since last June according to the edited date, and 1.1 is the last patch mentioned (1.33, I think, is the current version).
Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd May 2012 at 3:56 PM
I downloaded it and it shows up in the game. However, when I click to use it, it crashes my game. what should I do?
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#74 Old 15th May 2012 at 7:55 PM
Sad to see, this one is languishing in un-updated purgatory once again. Think I'll stop checking in with this one. Goodbye Food Replicator XT, you were a joy while you lasted.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 19th May 2012 at 4:18 PM
Hi, this mod worked great up through Pets, but not with Showtime. Regular stoves don't work in the game with this mod. I sure hope this gets updated to work with latest patch. It is without a doubt my most favorite mod ever. Thanks so much!!!
Page 3 of 4