Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 6:57 PM
Default Want to be an MTS moderator?
In the past several months, MTS staff has been making a lot of changes to our upload moderation system. These changes make it faster and easier for moderators to evaluate uploads in our moderation queue, and, especially with recent behind-the-scenes tweaks, mean most uploads are evaluated much faster than before.

However, some of our main upload moderators have gotten busy with real-life lately, meaning some of the areas of the queue could do with a bit more coverage to keep things moving swiftly through the queue and out into the eager hands of downloaders.

Thus, we are looking for a few new moderators to help with the uploads queue, and are looking for volunteers.

What it will entail:

Upload moderators see the queue in a view much like the downloads browser, and individual uploads look much like users are used to seeing, just with some additional options on both. Uploads moderators look at uploads waiting in the queue, and then evaluate each one based on various criteria, using a handy rubric like a checklist. When all items are complete, the evaluation is sent to the creator and the upload is approved, rejected, or kept in the queue as it requires changes.

Each upload usually takes anywhere from 2-10 minutes to evaluate, depending on complexity and upload type (lots, for example, are usually harder and more time consuming to evaluate than walls), and the total time commitment varies somewhat depending on how many items are in the queue. Average time spent will probably be something like 15-45 minutes, at least every other day. The more warm bodies we have working on uploads, the less effort it will have to be for each individual, though.

Criteria:

Here's what we're looking for in upload moderators... A good candidate for a moderator is someone who has:
  • Been a member of MTS for at least 6 months.
  • Been active on the site and/or in chat, with a consistent helpful and courteous attitude and a record of good conduct.
  • A decent grasp of English (non-native speakers are fine, though, as long as your English skills are okay).
  • An understanding of our Creator Guidelines.
  • A good attention to detail and willingness to learn.
  • 15-45 minutes free time per day for moderation, several days a week.

You do not have to be a content creator to perform the tasks we're needing done (things like checking image sizes and required images, lot size/price, correct patch level listed, etc.), but being a creator is certainly a big plus!

How to apply:

If you're interested in helping out MTS as an upload moderator, and you have read this whole post at least twice to understand what you're getting into, then you can post on this here thread to let us know you're interested. Please use the word "bacon" at least once in your post, and answer us the following:

1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing?

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, what?

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites?

4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.

5. What's your favourite kind of pie?
15 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Retired Staff Member
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 8:30 PM Last edited by King_Deadly : 14th Jun 2013 at 5:58 AM.
My application:
Q: How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing?
A: I visit it typically every day and around hours, the max. 7 hours, Usually in Download area of MTS and I go sometimes to CFF and lately I have gone a bit more frequently to CFF

Q: Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, what?
A: Lots, and started doing objects / clothing

Q: Are you staff for any other sims sites?
A: No, I use more MTS than any site

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.
A: I'm Hispanic I live in Puerto Rico, I have a nice eye on detail and sense of style in clothing and Objects, and some MTS'ers know i'm a huge fan of bacon heels, i'm usually a very happy person and I love to socialize with people. I discovered TS1 around 2006 - 2007 and loved it ever since. I would be obsessed with doing Houses. Thanks to The Sims Series I'm thinking on being an architect in my very near future. I just love the fact of designing, I might end up doing more than designing houses, Might do a fashion line in my future too and yeah.. bacon + cheese/chocolate =

Q: What's your favourite kind of pie?
A: I have 2 so not sure but either Apple pie or Pineapple Pie and I sometimes put bacon bits over it
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 8:38 PM
I move that King Deadly be disqualified, on the grounds that I don't believe he's being truthful about liking bacon bits on his apple pie!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 8:45 PM Last edited by porkypine : 13th Jun 2013 at 9:03 PM.
Wow! We can apply? How kewl is that? I'm interested! It's good to see you around again, HP. We've missed seeing you here the last few months.

How to apply:

If you're interested in helping out MTS as an upload moderator, and you have read this whole post at least twice to understand what you're getting into, then you can post on this here thread to let us know you're interested. Please use the word "bacon" at least once in your post, and answer us the following:

1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing? I am here at least 4 times a week to see what is going on, what is new to download, etc. If I am participating in a contest, I am here more frequently. I have been a judge in the Verona build contest. I average about 1.21 posts per day since Feb 2006. I look over all the forums and answer the questions I can help with - Game help, meshing - creator feedback, computer problems, etc. I go and find appropriate links for people where applicable. I've done a lot of work on the wiki, especially when I try to find a link for someone and find something that needs to be updated, like today, I found that the TS3 gameplay needs to be updated for University and the new worlds.. I have not been the greatest chatter because of system lag and not enough time to hang around and wait for an answer - whereas I can post something and come back for the answer much more easily. Oh! I also use Google translate to help people who's english is uncertain.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, what? Yes. For both Sims2 and Sims 3. I have all EPs and SPs. I've created object meshes - furniture and garden plants, clothing meshes, Sims, Pets, walls, lots, currently experimenting with the TS3 burrito-baby.

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites? No.

4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant. I've been hanging around MTS since Feb 2006. My current posts are 3,246 averaging about 1.21 posts per day. I like to mesh and participate in the occasional contest. I update the wiki when I have time and find something that needs fixing. I am an IT support tech by day supporting the University's computer problems - MTS helps me keep my sanity. I am a site helper here. My first love with sims was the architectural potential. Sims is much better than using legos to build with, plus the capacity for CC is what makes it even more fun.

5. What's your favourite kind of pie? Maple-bacon of course... with cherries on top.... and a steak, medium rare.... with horseradish... over mud, baked in the sun till just ready to crack open topped with sun-dried tomatoes... I can go on here... Oh! and extra bacon bits on top.
Field Researcher
retired moderator
#5 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Perfectionist : 13th Jun 2013 at 8:59 PM.
1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing?

Anywhere from half an hour to 2+ hours. I'm usually looking through new downloads or in the CFF, offering feedback if I feel I can help.

Yes, I create lots. I've attempted worlds but I have never come close to completing one.

No.

4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.

I'm a 17 year old high school student from New England in the US. I'm very interested in interior design as well as architecture. The Sims is one of my favorite things to do when I'm at home & I have been playing since TS2. I'm very honest and I'm not afraid to give my true opinion. I know how to cook bacon and enjoy eating it with syrup.

Lemon meringue

PM me with a request!
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 8:52 PM
I spend about 45 minutes on MTS per day, but could easily increase that, because I have no life. I spend my time mostly reading through the forum and looking for questions I know the answer to.

I make tuning mods for TS3 and majors for TS2. I've also made a couple of TS2 careers and tried to make a TS3 career.

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites? No, but I like bacon.

Welp, I've been simming since TS1 and sometimes play it over. My favorite EP of all three games is TS1 Makin Magic or Superstar. I love to read and write and learn and I am still getting myself edumacated. I also like to build houses in TS2, because I like the architectural elements in it best. I also adored Black and White and its sequel. I have only installed SimCity 4 on my computer recently. Essentially, school+gaming=life.

5. What's your favourite kind of pie? Pecan pie from costco with whipped cream on top.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 9:07 PM

It depends on the day - it can vary from a few minutes to a couple hours. I usually spend my time looking at the CFF or browsing downloads. Occasionally, I will check out the Sims Discussion area. I also spend a lot of time in the #create chat.

I mostly make houses, but lately have been into making sims.

I used to be an admin for The Sim Supply and a photographer for the Living Sims magazine, occasionally taking pictures of bacon.

I just graduated from Uni in May, so I have a lot more time on my hands. I'll be starting my new job next Monday!

Lemon meringue or chocolate

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Typical
#8 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 9:20 PM Last edited by lewjen : 14th Jun 2013 at 1:34 AM.

I typically spend most of my afternoons on MTS during week days, of which I probably spend 2 or 3 hours actively looking at the forums and downloads. Over the weekends I probably spend a good 5 hours actively browsing MTS. On the forums, I spend most time viewing the discussion forums and sometimes picture threads.
I also spend most of my day logged into the #create chat.

I make houses and community lots, albeit a lot of which are for my own game - I also share the ones that I really like. I have dabbled in the past with meshing, but I was never proficient at it and haven't done anything like that for well over a year. I did at one point attempt some clothing, even making a "I <3 Bacon" shirt.

I am not a staff member at any other sims site. I was a staff member a very long time ago (when I was also a lot younger, bear in mind) at a small sims site, which was fun and rewarding.

I'm 17 years old, born and bred in England. I currently attend Sixth Form where I'm studying for my A-levels (not terribly long until the summer, though!). Also, not related to the sims at all, but my hobby for a long time now has been karting. I have raced at a high level (national) for a while, which I would like to think shows a lot of dedication (as well as my 6th MTS anniversary approaching).

Goodness. This is a toughy. My favourite Meat pie would have to be a good old Mince pie, with plenty of gravy and soft pastry. Fruit pie... hm, probably apple and raspberry.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 9:34 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 13th Jun 2013 at 9:45 PM.
It varies between five minutes to a couple of hours. I look at new downloads (and search for old ones if there's something in particular I need), check the Site Questions and Issues threads and look at the new posts to see if there's anything there that sounds interesting. I also look at the Modding & Creation forums to see if there are any new questions there. I don't frequent the social forums.

I mainly make Bodyshop content (clothing and accessories, mostly) and objects ranging form simple deco objects to things with more complex BHAVs and animations. TS2 only. And I can make stuff that isn't Star Trek related, I swear!

I'm a co-author at (the rather modest site) Vulcan Sims and have mod powerz in the help sections at leefish.nl - don't know if the latter counts as being staff, though.

Well, I'm Swedish. I love dogs (I have a mini schnauzer girl) but am allergic to cats. Creating for TS2 is my biggest hobby and I've been a member of MTS since 2006, creating since 2007.

Apple crumble with custard. Lots of custard. No bacon, though.
Instructor
#10 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 9:34 PM Last edited by Legislacerator : 13th Jun 2013 at 10:44 PM.
*I feel the need to disclaimer that although my profile says I've been a member since January this year, I've been a member since April 2009. My old account was never used or posted with so under the rules I made a new one to reflect a change in usernames instead of posting in the Username Change thread. If needed to I can do screenshots from within the old account or something similar to prove it's mine.

Several hours (I'd hazard a guess at maybe 2/3 hours tops) throughout the day, I check the site periodically. Usually just checking what new posts are in the forums and if there are new downloads.

For TS2 (Although I've mostly retired from that), I make a little bit of everything. Hair retextures and recolors, shoe-swaps on clothing meshes, small houses, sims, anything recolorable I probably recolored. And I know I don't have any uploads here, but I have plenty elsewhere online.
For TS3 I'm still learning, so at the moment I can just do hair retextures and sims. I'm hoping to learn how to do more in the future!

Not "staff" per se, but I'm one of a couple people who do 'site-update' posts for Sims 3 at Garden of Shadows. But I'm not a moderator or anything, and the TS3 side is a little slow over there, if there would be an issue with splitting time between the two sites.

I've been playing the Sims for a few years now, starting with TS2 and playing since at least 2009. At the moment I'm unemployed so I have a LOT of free time on my hands. I'm a semi-perfectionist and a stickler for good-looking things, and kind of a nerd when it comes to picture-taking in game. I'm always trying to improve my skills both in creation and taking pictures. I love cute sims. :3
I also like to cook, though I'm not very good at it, and still haven't mastered making bacon on the stove and need to use the microwave.

Apple. Because I'm kind of boring sometimes.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 10:00 PM Last edited by TheDeadSim : 13th Jun 2013 at 10:26 PM.
Try to spend at least half hour to an hour a day looking at posts & downloads. When I first started here I didn't have too many posts which is why I have a somewhat low post count but recently I've been contributing more frequently and in different sections too. I've recently judged the Veronaville Home Makeover Contest which has given me some experience at looking at houses made by creators of all different levels.

I mainly make lots (been building them for years since I first purchased Sims 2 as a child and recently for Sims 3 as well) but have also made walls and floors. I still don't feel I've explored enough build possibilities yet. I also hope to eventually start creating neighbourhoods as well.

I am currently building a Sims community site (Metro Sims), which is almost complete and will just have lots & houses on there. It's just a small project I've been working on and won't interfere with my contributions here.

I'm currently in my last year of university studying multimedia and am mainly enjoying the digital production side (web development, graphic design, video production etc.). Whenever I get the chance I will be building a house in Sims 2 but I've been experimenting with Sims 3 as well.

That would definitely be bacon & cheese

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 10:39 PM
I'll give this a go.

1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing? I just recently returned to the site after a hiatus. I mostly enjoy browsing the Sims discussions and commenting. I like reading stories and looking at pictures too. I'll spend about about a half or so every day browsing the site.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, what? Used to recolor clothes and create eyes for TS2. Might get into creating again in the future, if I have time.

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites? Used to be a mod for Boolprop, but I've "retired." I was Mel (obviously XD).

4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant. I'm a second-year grad student, getting my teacher certificate for high school English. I'm a video game nerd. I also love writing.

5. What's your favourite kind of pie? Apple Bacon, of course.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 10:47 PM
1. How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing? I'm here every day, multiple times per day. I frequently refresh posts in Sims 2 discussion as I like talking about game play, but I also look over and reply in help threads and creator feedback. I check for new Sims 2 uploads daily because I'm a custom content junkie; it’s just morish like crispy fried bacon. I enjoy taking part in contests.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, what? I mostly build and upload lots although I've also made some walls and recoloured a few clothing pieces.

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites? Yes. I'm the admin on Desirable Discourses which is a Sims 2/3 site. I've also been a moderator on two parenting boards which I am now retired from.

4. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant
I'm Australian, married, SAHM with two children. I love cats and have three of them. Actually the animals outnumber the people at our house since there are three cats, three chooks (chickens to American's) four guinea-pigs, two mice, two cockatiels and numerous fish. I enjoy finding new ways to cook bacon, play sims and chat online.

5. What's your favourite kind of pie? Apple and blueberry, Beef and bacon, chicken and vegetable. Any kind of pie is good.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
#14 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 11:28 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 13th Jun 2013 at 11:39 PM.
How much time do you typically spend on MTS per day? What do you usually spend that time doing? I can spend up to two hours a day here, bacon sammich in hand, reading the discussion thread, and browsing the new lots - I am often looking for new Community lots from people are I find they are lacking in game and new ones are rare jewels!

Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, what?
I do. I build and have uploads here - Residential and Community lots.

Are you staff for any other sims sites?
Not on Sims sites but on Minecraft sites - both of which were owned by a great Sims builder, Flabaliki - where I play as LadyTourvel.

Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant. Anglo/Irish, married SAHM, now living in New Zealand. I've travelled a lot and seen a lot of architecture (I studied it in college back in the Stone Age ) and I think that makes a difference to the way I personally build. A reference to the wider world is also something I look at when I look at other peoples' builds - it tells me where they've 'been'. More importantly, I have been in that 'moderation queue' and know how it feels to wait for a 'yay or a nay'. I recognise that lump in the tummy feeling when I see I have had the Verdict, so I could certainly empathise with people waiting for a decision.

What's your favourite kind of pie? Good old fashioned British Pork Pie! And sometimes you can even get pork pie with an egg in it! No bacon, just an egg
Mad Poster
#15 Old 13th Jun 2013 at 11:41 PM

Usually an hour or two actively, though technically about 10 hours as I tend to be logged in to MTS whenever my laptop is on, though I spend lots of that time doing other stuff. I check the downloads at least once a day to see if there's anything new. I spend a lot of time in the Sims Discussion and General Discussion forums and I post a fair bit in both of them, if I feel like I have something to add to existing discussions or if there's a new topic I want to start. I try to help people in the Sims 2 WCIF forum find whatever it is they're looking for - I've started venturing beyond MTS more so sometimes I can be of help :-) I like the Creator Feedback Forum too and I post there sometimes.

Yes, I do. I've made a bunch of stuff for TS2, some of which is uploaded here and some of which I haven't shared. I especially like making careers and majors, because I enjoy the writing. I've done a few clothes recolours, made a few wallpapers and recoloured some paintings using my own RL photographs/pictures. I'm almost ready to submit a default skin replacement for the alien skintone, using a skintone that someone else made (with their permission, obviously!). I've started paying more attention to building and hope to share some lots soon. I am especially fond of rowhouses (thanks Mootilda for the Lot Adjustor!). After being inspired by Peni Griffin's Widespot I have started work on a BG+Seasons shareable populated 'hood.

Nope. This is the only sims site I've ever posted on, I think, though I am registered at a bunch of other ones and I download a lot. My Downloads folder will attest to that!

I'm currently unemployed after finishing two Master's degrees, which were a lot of work! I'd love to go into research and study either human or animal behaviour, because people and animals are fascinating! I like animals a lot, and I'm a vegetarian, though I am happy enough to cook meat for family/friends. Once I cooked a Christmas dinner for myself and a dozen friends, so that involved cooking several kinds of meat, including turkey and sausages wrapped in bacon. I accidentally left the bag of giblets in the turkey when I put it in the oven, but my friend and I found them when she carved the turkey and we threw them away without telling anyone else. The bag hadn't even split during cooking! Everyone said the turkey was very nice, so maybe the slight plastic-baggy taste improved it! :-D

Cherry pie, because it's delicious. I like it with ice cream, custard and cream, because I believe that the good things in life are there to be enjoyed! :-)
Inconceivable!
#16 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 12:20 AM
Oh, how fun! I’ll throw my hat in the ring too.

I spend anywhere from half an hour on slow days to two or more hours at busier times. I hang out in the social forum, especially the Sims 3 challenges section, and I like to visit the CFF to look at and occasionally offer feedback on lots and Sims. I also love contests, so I have been known to stalk that forum sometimes as well.

Yes, I love making lots for the Sims 3, and earlier this year I started dabbling in posing and meshing. I create clothes mostly, but I’ve been experimenting with other CAS parts as well, such as shoes, accessories, and makeup.

No.

I’m a twenty-three year old part-time college student who has way too much free time on her hands and a passion for (*cough* obsession with) the Sims. I dream of someday majoring in animal behavior at a small liberal arts college in the southern United States, but I have yet to figure out how I’m going to afford the pricey tuition. So, while I try to get my life straightened out, I’m attending community college in my home state of Texas and alternately working on my Simming skills.

Strawberry rhubarb, hands down. But no bacon bits for me, please.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 12:21 AM
I am typically on Mod The Sims for around 12 hours a day and I spent most of my time in the community and taking a quick look at the downloads. I also have a look at the Creator Feedback Forum every few days

I make objects for the Sims 2 and tuning mods, objects and clothing for the Sims 3

Nope. Mod The Sims is the only Sims site I ever use

I am born in Australia and I turn 20 at the end of the year. I spent most of my time playing Sims games and posting on the forums. I am currently unemployed after I finish a Safe Food Handling and a First Aid course last week. I also have good attention to small details

I once had a chicken and bacon pie, I loved it

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#18 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 12:38 AM
I must admit it was until the second read through that I saw the gorilla eating bacon walking by.

Anywhere from a half an hour or so to a few hours, seeing what's new, reading threads or tutorials, looking at various content, and seeing how I might be helpful.

Yes. I make a little bit of this and little bit of that....mainly mods, objects, and lots.

Nope.

I first got interested in the Sims with the Bustin' Out console game. I eagerly awaited the release of TS2. I used to lurk a lot, but the Sims and its community have become such an integral part of my life. I owe a lot to this community and it has given many warm, fuzzy feelings. Personally, I'm kinda a dork.

You can't go wrong with chocolate pie, like French Silk, but I do love the occasional key lime pie.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 12:40 AM
So many awesome applicants, already!

I tend to jump on and off the site throughout my waking hours, and probably spend anywhere from 30-90 minutes on the site on normal days. When EA gives us new shiniez, it can be significantly more than that. I expect to start paying rent by the time IP comes out.

Most often I check the Random Legacy Thread, CAW forum, and S3 Discussion forum. On the rare occasions that I don't have something to say, I lurk. And who doesn't check for new downloads daily? I also check in to the #create chat from time to time.

Yes, a few of which have been uploaded here. When I get unlazy, I haz more to submit.
  • Rabbit hole rugs!
  • Tuning mods, most recently pertaining to the dragons that came with Dragon Valley.
  • Several moon texture overrides that include moon phases, of the Earth, basic moon recolors, and am currently working on making moons based on Saturn and Jupiter's moons.
  • Worlds, including custom color ramps.
  • Poses.

Only my blog, which probably doesn't count.

I'm a S3 storyteller. Currently I'm a part-time college student and homemaker. Although "homemaker" usually means: sleep late, spend 6 hours on the computer, then spend 30 minutes dashing around to make it look like I've been doing something besides spending 6 hours on the computer. And I like bacon. In fact, my gravatar is of bacon.

Apple pie...warm apple pie. @Inge, bacon goes wonderfully with apple pie, how could you doubt! Seriously, it does, I've made it. I also saw a recipe for bacon cheesecake the other day that I want to try making. Must. Haz. Bacon.
Scholar
#20 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 2:22 AM
oh, me! me! Pick me! I recently got into putting bacon on my cheesburgers, so of course im a perfect candidate hello.

I spend about 1-4 hours a day on MTS, I browse newest uploads for TS2 for anything interesting and check TS3 uploads just because its interesting to me. Most I spend lots of time in the community section.

Ive made CC in the past, Im good at lots, and recently got into meshing, which I havnt got around to sharing.

no

Im a 23 year old male living in Florida who has been playing the sims for 7 or 8 years now, and have been a part of MTS for about just as long. Ive gone through many different user names, ferrarrifanatic back in my n00b days, Sim~Obsessor, and now this.

Key lime. Or pumpkin, Hm. Thats a hard question.
Space Pony
#21 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 2:48 AM
Might as well. :D

Depends on the day. If I don't work then I could be on here for hours, mostly lurking on the forums. On days that I do work (especially long shifts) then I'll be here for half an hour or so. I also lurk around the downloads, looking to see if there's neat older stuff that I've never seen, I also poke my head into the contests area, since I like those too.

Do making houses count? lol I've dabbled a bit in making clothes, mostly adding stencils to toddler shirts that I use in my game, I don't think they're work uploading. I'd like to learn meshing though.

Noperdoodle.

I'm two decades old. I love the Sims series. I've been playing since I was about eleven, when my dad let me play to shut me up for a few hours. I joined this site in 2007 (as you should be able to tell from my lame username). Bacon is definitely my favourite thing to eat, it kept me from going full vegetarian.

Two kinds actually. Pumpkin pie. And 'egg, potato and bacon' pie (it's yummy, you should try it)

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
#22 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 3:35 AM

I think I spend about an hour of so on MTS per day. Sometimes, I spend more; sometimes less. Usually, I spend my time on MTS, checking on new posts/threads and posting if any of them seem interesting enough.

Yes, I do. Though, many of them are not very MTS-worthy, because they are very individual, meaning they only serve a specific purpose. I have made my own walls, floors, terrains, clothing recolors, hair recolors, clothing extractions, accessories recolors, houses & other lots, and object recolors.

No.

I love sharing my gameplay style on the forums and reading how other people play their games. It's a way how I get my ideas for my own game.

Chicken pot pie. I don't really have sweet tooth.
Instructor
#23 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 3:57 AM

I usually visit several times a day, just to see if there's a new upload to see or an update to a creator feedback thread. I'd say it adds up to at least an hour per day in total.

Typically I like to build lots. I have also created a few windows, but I won't release any until I feel I have a better grasp of UV mapping and such. Also bacon. Lots and lots of custom bacon. Sometimes pork.

No, I am not.

I'm a university student from Australia; I study architecture and foreign languages. I like design, and I have been a fan of mts ever since I stumbled across it all those years ago; it's great here.

... Apple. Maybe. One time I had a raspberry pie and that was pretty good too, even though it was gluten free. And let me tell you; gluten free pastry that doesn't does as bad as Katy Perry's Sweet Treats made me feel... rare. So rare.

Awesome idea, btw!

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Test Subject
#24 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 3:59 AM Last edited by CreativeMommy1985 : 14th Jun 2013 at 9:48 PM. Reason: Corrected misspelling

I usually spend a minimum of 2 hours on MTS Monday - Friday, every week. I am normally not on during the weekends because I take care of my Nonna. When I am on MTS I spend a lot of time going through downloads (especially if it is a download that has bacon ), reading through the forums, or chatting in the creator chat.

I do make quite a bit of custom content but I have yet to upload anything. I normally create either sims or houses but I have ventured into creating venues.

No, i'm not.

Lets see, (in real life) I am 27 and live in the Chicagoland area. I am married and have two wonderful children (5 and 8.) I am currently working on getting my bachelors degree in web design and graphic design and my associates in animation. I love going to the beach, hanging out with my friends (play dates with them and their kids), going camping, playing sports, and riding our Quad.

In my sims life, I create sims and houses although I have not uploaded anything yet. I also have been writing a legacy for over a year now and plan on starting a new one fairly soon.

5. What's your favorite kind of pie?

I like quite a few different ones but my favorite would have to be banana cream pie because that was my Nonnos favorite pie. I would always buy him one for special events or just because and we always shared it. :D

Tattoos are like stories--they are symbolic of the important moments in your life!

Abruzzi Legacy --> http://abruzzilegacy.blogspot.com/
Interstellar Traveler
#25 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 4:09 AM Last edited by SeeMyu : 14th Jun 2013 at 4:30 AM.
Oh would you look-a-there. I would love to offer a spiritual feather of such purity and enlightenment!

On a normal summer day, I spend about.. hmm.. lets see. Take my day, (24 hours, if you didn't know) and subtract about 4 hours. That's probably about the amount I spend on here. And yes, that does mean I subconsciously get on here. What I mainly spend my time doing is lurking (LOTS OF LURKING), commenting on bacon and watching sims machinimas in the sims movies forum, chatting it up in #create, and I tend to enjoy downloading (which is what majority of bacon us on here, I presume, enjoys doing).

Yes. Yes I do upload! I love uploading! Even though I haven't uploaded in a couple of months, I am usually constantly putting forth effort bacon into projects that I plan to upload in the future. I upload object meshes and sometimes it can be potluck! It's usually just what I feel like creating! But majority of bacon the time I do upload, it's usually object meshes for TS3.

3. Are you staff for any bacon other sims sites?
Nope! FREE AS A BIRD! .....wait...

I'm a sixteen-year-old author of the novel SLEEP which was published on April 20, 2013 (BEST DAY TO RELEASE SOMETHING? HUH?) Panties, Panties, Panties. Feathers and wonders alike. I'm drum major for my high school marching band.. you know.. the person who bacon stands on a podium and waves their arms.. yeah! THAT'S ME. I play many instruments, but my main pride is the bassoon! I work at Bruster's, serving ice cream to everbaconyone. Also panties. I'm an emu as well. My spirit. That's it. My Spirit is wholly emu. Also. I'm a creator bacon on MTS. I thought I'd let you know. And I'm a guy. Don't let my feathers fool you!

I dunno. You tell me. I have to make them everyday, and usually they stare back at bacon me and mock my vivacity. I bet you don't know how to flip a pie, do you?! Good. 'Cuz I don't know how to either. I digress... the pie. If it's anything other than bird, than I'm totally fine with it! But if your brave soul even dares to place anything of bird in my pie... well, I haven't figured out what I'll do, but it won't be pretty and it'll involve a lot of feathers!

bacon

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: full
Page 1 of 17