Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 605 (Who?), Viewed: 142921 times.
Page 25 of 25
Test Subject
#601 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 3:50 AM
Num, unfortunately it seems I'm ages behind everyone when it comes to making my own meshes. And regretably, I have a limited amount of time to commit to such activities and don't always have time to read through 24 pages of posts to see if anyone else has asked my particular question. So I hope you don't mind...

I've made a new mesh for the planter portion of the Pretty Pot O Pansies and I'm not having any difficulty with making recolors or having them show in game. However, I'd like to use the existing Maxis texture for the flowers model but not for the planter model. Your procedure talked about deleting all Material overrides, Material Definitions, etc. Will it work to just delete those which refer to the flowers?

Thanks for all of the wonderful information you provide!

Dino's Rose
Part-time Hermit
#602 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 12:30 PM
Yes, in that case you delete the material overrides etc for the subsets that borrow their materials from elsewhere, but leave the files for those subsets that you want to use your own.
Field Researcher
#603 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 5:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantBliss
Because, for the most part, objects created with the JWoods object tutorial or any other similar procedure should be color-enabled automatically, without needing to go through this tutorial .

I just did make an object with JWood's tutorial and I can't recolour it.

If it would be recolourable , would my new object also be in the object workshop under (for example) decoration, so that I could recolour it normally?

Because I can't find it there, and I followed each step of JWood's tut., and this tutorial seems too complicated to me, is there anything else I could do so that I can recolour my new mesh?
Part-time Hermit
#604 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 5:39 PM
If you have the CEP installed, most cloned objects should be automatically recolorable, but they do not show up in Object Workshop. To recolor custom objects, you need to click Open instead of Start in OW, find the mesh you want to recolor, and go from there.
Field Researcher
#605 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 5:46 PM
Thank you a LOT.

Somebody should have written that in the tutorial, or did I just overread that?
Part-time Hermit
#606 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 5:54 PM
Well, it's not a tutorial for recoloring objects, it's to make them recolorable . Plus, it's an older tutorial aimed at more experienced creators. Numenor's object recoloring tutorial does explain how to recolor custom objects.
Page 25 of 25