Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Locked thread | Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 11488 times. | Locked by: Numenor Reason: New tutorial: [url]http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=102356[/url]
Out-of-date, catching up
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2004 at 7:49 PM Last edited by Merola64 : 6th Dec 2004 at 8:37 PM.
Default Adding original color options to cloned objects
I was asked for an explanation about how to get all the color options when cloning an object, so here it comes.

This shouldn't be harmful in any way, but I am not responsible for anything that may happen.

Needed:
SimPE (If any mentioned feature is missing, try downloading the latest version, which is 0.12c when I am writing this.)
Materials.package (Default location C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Materials\)
List of all model materials (MMAT sections) in Materials.package (You can get one from http://sims.ambertation.de/files/Sims2Lists.rar.)
Object originally cloned from a Maxis non-download object.

How to do it:
1. Find out the original GUID of your object. (The one it had before you changed it.)
2. Open Materials.package with SimPE.
3. Open the material list.
4. Search for the GUID.
5. When you find it (in the GUID column of the list), look at the Instance ID column.
6. Switch to SimPE. Find the file in the open package that has the Instance ID you just read in the list.
7. Right-click > Extract... It is best to choose a folder you have made exclusively for this.
8. Switch back to the material list. Search for the GUID again. If you find another instance of it, repeat from step 6.
9. Close the material list, switch back to SimPE.
10. Close Materials.package, and open your object's package.
11. File > Add... Choose filetype All Files.
12. Go to the directory where you extracted to. Select all xml files that you extracted (you might want to use the Ctrl button). Click Open.
13. You have now added some MMAT sections to your object. Change the Group ID of all of them to 0xFFFFFFFF (under Packed File tab).
14. Find out the GUID of your object. (The one it has now.)
15. Select the first MMAT section of the ones you added.
16. View it in the Plugin View. Select objectGUID.
17. Change the field Value to the GUID of your object. Click on Change, then Commit, and then on OK.
18. If this wasn't the last MMAT section of the ones you added, select the next one and repeat from step 16.
19. File > Save
Advertisement
Out-of-date, catching up
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Dec 2004 at 8:38 PM
I edited the link to the MMAT list, it should now work.
#3 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 5:44 PM
I'm french and i don't understand (i am speak english quite)
#4 Old 20th Dec 2004 at 2:35 PM
How to repaint object that is not in MMAT list?
I need to repaint Computer - Cheap (GUID = 0x2B55B9F8)
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogal
How to repaint object that is not in MMAT list?
I need to repaint Computer - Cheap (GUID = 0x2B55B9F8)

I wanna know that to! the painting with the lady with the apple instead of head doesn't have anything neither does most paintings!! the painting is called "applehead" in some places and "cheese" something in more place :weep:
Mesh Maestro
#6 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 10:34 PM
Tutorial Outdated: Awaiting responce from creator as to updating.
Closed Thread