Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 2:36 PM
Default Sims2Pack Clean Installer issue?
I'm sorry, I don't know whether this would go in here or in the Sims 2 Help forum. But I figure that because it's mainly a computer issue, I'll put it here. I downloaded the program, no problems. But it won't download to my account. There's three accounts on my Vista computer. One for me, one for my sister, and one for my dad, whom I'll call Bob. It will unpackage sims2pack files to Bob's account, because it's the administrator account. When I go to choose directory and browse, it automatically goes to Bob's desktop and account, not my own, and thus the unpackaged files go to him and not me and I can't use anything. How can I switch it to my own account? Thank you.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 3:13 PM
You need to be on an administrator account so that the Clean Installer can access the registry. Can you make yourself an administrator?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 4:29 PM
No, my dad doesn't want me to be an administrator because he's the administrator, and he's my father, and so on and so forth. But it's okay, he gave me his password to go into his account, get the downloaded files and then transfer them to my account. It's a little inconvient, but it works. :/
Site Helper
#4 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 8:14 PM
It makes more sense to give both accounts administrator permissions, so that you still maintain your own account.

There are several other options which might work. Note that I haven't tried either on a non-administrator account.

1) Try the no-install version of the Clean Installer; it shouldn't be looking at the registry.

2) There's also the ability to specify your game path in the .ini file, which should prevent the Clean Installer from trying to access your registry.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 1:33 AM
I have a 64-bit and last week it was working find but my nephew got to my computer and somehow messed my whole game up and the back up (kids). So I had to uninstall and reinstall everything tried to put my downloads back in and now nothing will show up. If any one can help me PLEASE do cause I am to the point where my brother might have to make another child.....not quite there but I am really ready to throw this computer out of the window.......HELP!
Site Helper
#6 Old 8th Sep 2011 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cornbread101
I have a 64-bit and last week it was working find but my nephew got to my computer and somehow messed my whole game up and the back up (kids). So I had to uninstall and reinstall everything tried to put my downloads back in and now nothing will show up. If any one can help me PLEASE do cause I am to the point where my brother might have to make another child.....not quite there but I am really ready to throw this computer out of the window.......HELP!
From your description, it's not at all clear that this is related to this thread, or that this is even a Clean Installer problem. Please create a new thread in the Sims 2 Help forum:
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 4:54 PM
Default Admin shouldn't be needed?
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
You need to be on an administrator account so that the Clean Installer can access the registry. Can you make yourself an administrator?

Hello, I am very happy with CI and all the work that modthesims is putting in this but I have similar problem as Nickirows. As far as I know the installer is writing packages to user folders. No admin is needed for that. (if installing packages needs registry access it is a different story) And when the installer is installed with admin rights it will point to the user file of that admin whoever is logged in. Very confusing!
As far as I know, there is no problem to install CI with admin rights, but once it is installed it should use the local folders of the user starting the CI. As it is now the only solution was to make everyone using CI also admin. This way it seems that CI is unnecessary creating a security issue on PC's. As it is now you should mention that admin rights are needed to run CI, not only to install it. And it is not sufficient to give it rights when it is starting, the user should have it initally.

Keep up the good work
naomi
Site Helper
#8 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 4:18 PM
Did you try setting the save game path? Did you try the no-install version? I believe that either of those solutions should work.