Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Dark Skies: From Darkness to Light -- Three Default Eye Replacement Sets

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 1,065 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 124,539 Views
Uploaded: 9th Aug 2009 at 4:06 AM
Dark Skies: From Darkness to Light

Here's a set of three custom default eye replacements. These will replace the TS3 EA Maxis Default eyes in-game. Because of this, only one set can be used at a time--and they cannot be used with each other or any other default eye replacements.

Milky Way
This set has a subtle swathe of highlight just beneath the pupil. I consider these my "everyday" set of default eye replacements.

Eclipse
These are special. Besides the glowing ring around the pupil, this set also has an autumnal tint to the base tone that shifts and warms the eye color slightly.

Full Moon
Startling illumination. That's this set. There are days when I can't be buggered to play realistic. Sometimes I want stunning. Flash and shine.

Even in my "everyday" eye set, I tried to rectify that "Black Eye" syndrome, lengthening the spectrum of color that can be used before the color becomes too dark for the EA Maxis eyes and they go "black."

Installation Instructions
1. Download file and save the .rar file to your computer.
2. Remove any other default eye replacement .package files from C:\ProgramFiles\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.
3. Extract the .package file using WinRAR for Windows or Stuffit for Macs.
4. Place the .package file in C:\ProgramFiles\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages.
5. Delete all files with the word "cache" in them from MyDocuments\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3.

REMEMBER: Only one set of eyes -- Milky Way OR Eclipse OR Full Moon -- can be used at any given time. So pick only one of the default eye replacement sets to install.

Models
All fugliness is mine.

Models, Um, Modeling Custom Content

Skintones:
aikea_guinea's Slave Default Replacement Skintones for TS3
HystericalParoxsym's Increased Texture Detail & Shine - TS3 Skin Replacements

Makeup:
Papercat Outer Liner (Mod The Sims -- Free)
Papercat Faded Flare (Mod The Sims -- Free)
Papercat Cat Liner (Mod The Sims -- Free)
Papercat Lip Lines (Mod The Sims -- Free)

Hairstyles:

HystericalParoxsym's Nouk Sport Hair (Mod The Sims -- Free)
aikea_guinea's Panic Switch -- Peggy04669 Converted for TS3 Hair (Garden of Shadows -- Free)
Pegy's Peggy000010 Hair (PeggyZone -- Free)
Ja's Hair Texture Replacement -- Part 3: Females from Teen and Up (Garden of Shadows -- Free)

Special Thanks!
Rick and Delphy's CAS Slider Hack
s3pe by Peter L Jones