Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:18 AM Last edited by grammapat : 20th Sep 2017 at 3:23 AM. Reason: semi-solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default User startup cheats not available
trying to add cheats to startups, was told to go here: Documents/EA/SIm2/config/userstartup.cheat
There are 3 things in "config" but NOT "userstartup", and I don't see a way to ADD it!
Maybe I should add a screen shot - but I CAN'T!------
I found directions, adding a document; but I only HAVE word pad..So I need to find some other way of creating the document

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:23 AM
You have to drag in a notepad file and the file extension is .cheat

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:24 AM Last edited by grammapat : 20th Sep 2017 at 5:02 AM. Reason: solved?
I actually found Notepad, and created "userstartup.cheat", added the stuff I needed and will test. So simple. Duh
Except NOT...do the "lines" need to be numbered?

Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I actually found Notepad, and created "userstartup.cheat", added the stuff I needed and will test. So simple. Duh
Except NOT...do the "lines" need to be numbered?

Numbers are not necessary.
Mine more or less looks like what Liv Lukas has in her first post of this thread--except I mine is shorter: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=464110

I also found this thread helpful when setting up my file: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=3462

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Alchemist
#5 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:15 PM
numbering the lines would likely cause all cheats to be skipped.
each line would need to be like either of these::
[cheat code]
alias [keyboard character/characters] "[cheat code]"

edit:: if you use AnyGameStarter, probably order the cheats in order of their respective packs.
first base game cheats then University cheats then Nightlife cheats and so forth.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:41 PM
Any cheat that is misspelt will stop all cheats after it not working.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 6:38 PM
Thanks everyone. Here is an example of a cheat I listed (I only have THREE): "boolprop controlpets on".
This is exactly how I would enter it in game, but I noticed the examples use some caps. I wouldn't think that would matter, but IT STILL IS NOT WORKING.
And yes, the document is on notepad (which I've made to "open with notepad), and is named "userstartup.cheat"

Instructor
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 1:15 AM
Here is how I have it listed in my userstartup.cheat file: alias cp "boolprop controlpets on" No caps at all. And mine works perfectly.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 1:21 AM Last edited by maxon : 22nd Sep 2017 at 3:56 PM.
Thanks everyone. Here is an example of a cheat I listed (I only have THREE): "boolprop controlpets on".
This is exactly how I would enter it in game, but I noticed the examples use some caps. I wouldn't think that would matter, but IT STILL IS NOT WORKING.
And yes, the document is on notepad (which I've made to "open with notepad), and is named "userstartup.cheat"

Have you made sure the file extension has been changed to .cheat? I ask because Windoze defaults to not showing you the file extensions - you have to unhide them. Renaming a file to userStartup.cheat without changing the file extension means it's still a text file and the game won't read it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:26 PM Last edited by grammapat : 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:44 PM. Reason: research
search is my friend. Maybe. Discovered how to FIND file extensions, & unhide them. Then removed the .txt part of the name...

Scholar
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:11 PM
Have you also tried "boolprop controlpets true", rather than "...on"? I thought all "boolprop...." cheats require a "true/false" switch.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Alchemist
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:12 PM
there is at least 1 program that can create the file; See Them 2. I do not remember where I downloaded it.

if you use that program (or similar program), probably do "copy" with current cheats before using program then do "paste" after using program.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:27 PM
Yes, the file extension is .cheat, not .cheat in the name. Did it work yet? I can give you mine but it is very long and slightly messy.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 11:52 PM
Here is what mine looks like. It was longer, but there were things I didn't use. Also, I've shorted a couple of the often-used aliases now that I'm more familiar with using the cheats. The very bottom section is something I copied and pasted from Gunmod's camera mode and is not necessary if you don't have his mod.

Also, just to be clear, it was made with a NOTEPAD file. I've read that using Wordpad can cause issues. The file is named userstartup.cheat (as Jo said, .cheat is used as the file extension). Finally, the file goes in the files in your My Documents folder: Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config\userstartup.cheat

Quote:
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15

floatprop tvVolume 0.2
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 50
boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false

################################################################
# Alias
################################################################

alias b+ "plumbbobToggle on"
alias b- "plumbbobToggle off"

alias m+ "moveObjects on"
alias m- "moveObjects off"

alias puppy+ "disablePuppyKittenAging true"
alias puppy- "disablePuppyKittenAging false"

alias pets+ "boolprop ControlPets true"
alias pets- "boolprop ControlPets false"

alias 45+ "boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true"
alias 45- "boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation false"

alias snap+ "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true"
alias snap- "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false"

alias ch+ "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true"
alias ch- "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false"
####################################################################

#### GUNMOD RLS 2.3 beta ####
ignoreErrors true
boolProp UseShaders true
boolProp specHighlights true
boolProp floorAndWallNormalMapping true
boolProp bumpMapping true
boolProp skipTangentsInVertexData false #false for bumpmapping!
uintProp optionLightingQuality 3 #These two lines set the lighting option and
uintProp LightingQuality 3 #the lighting level to MAX (as required)
#### END ####
boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 12:07 AM

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Have you also tried "boolprop controlpets true", rather than "...on"? I thought all "boolprop...." cheats require a "true/false" switch.

In the official Pets game guide the cheat to control pets is listed as BOOLPROP CONTROLPETS [on/off]. the one to cancel pet actions is BOOLPROP PETACTIONCANCEL [true/false]. All the others are [true/false] also.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:21 PM Last edited by grammapat : 23rd Sep 2017 at 6:26 PM. Reason: uhhh no
my post #10 WORKS! I now have FOUR working commands(wow joandsarah!)
No I don't, changing the file to .cheat (without the hidden TXT) made it Unreadable/changeable - so I can't add anything. What?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 7:39 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Sep 2017 at 8:05 PM.
my post #10 WORKS! I now have FOUR working commands(wow joandsarah!)
No I don't, changing the file to .cheat (without the hidden TXT) made it Unreadable/changeable - so I can't add anything. What?

Right-click>Open With and choose Notepad.

Edit: btw Pat, totally unrelated but I wondered if you'd seen these:
https://riekus13.tumblr.com/post/16...-decor-reupload

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Sep 2017 at 10:33 PM Last edited by grammapat : 24th Sep 2017 at 6:36 AM. Reason: this worked to add cheats
right click,went to tab "properties",found and changed to "open with notepad" ... will check in-game to be sure it can still be read by game.
Never saw that furniture, but like..