Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 12:39 AM
Default Filenames in SimPE not required?
Trying to make sense of everything...

I changed the filename for the GMDC to see what error I would get. I didn't get one. So I deleted the whole filename, the *.tslocator_gmdc filename. No problems. So I went through my whole package and deleted all the filenames for...

GMDC
GMND
TXMT
SHPE
TXTR

And my object still works.

I'm amazed and confused....

This is a custom object (enough of one anyway) so its not picking it up from somewhere else.

Have I lost to much sleep lately or is this right?

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 10:30 AM
Have you used "Fix Integrity" in SimPE after removing the Filenames?

Basically it should not work. Cause the TXMT Files conatin a Filename Reference to a TXTR File. Have you updated that Reference to be empty?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 12:20 PM
FleaBay, I agree that the _gmdc extension seems irrelevant for the game; that's because the GMND uses the TGI to locate the GMDC, and not the filename; the same applies, I think, to the SHPE name. There may be problems with the TGI, anyway, and if your object still works is a sort of miracle, to me... :D
I'd like to take a look at that package.

QUAXI: exactly, what does the "Fix Integrity" do?
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 12:41 PM
Fix integrity runs Fix TGI for every RCOL file in the package, rather than having to click the option on each file one at a time.

RG
Test Subject
#5 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 1:16 AM
I'm working on fixing my objects now and have question. I notice that when I open my object in the fix integrity that some of my objects have my file name for the TXTR and the TXMT name....but in the ModelName it has the original file name. So when I change the model name to the name I want, it doubles it in the name box....it that the way it is supposed to be or can I just click update and then ok and be done?

This confused me a bit.

TIA

Vanilla_Sim