Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 11:38 PM
Default People who make Sims 3 Mods are my heroes.
I can make simple mods. XML Tuning mods but my ITUN mods have been failures, I can change the image on paintings, I followed along the "Creating a game compatible Visual Studio project " and actually made the "Pausinator" and it worked!

And that's about it.

I've been trying most of the week-end to learn how to mod clothing - just taking the sleeves off a shirt, for example, or make a new tattoo. My biggest frustration is with the tools: Milkshape cost $35 and Photoshop is $9/month and these two programs are what most of the tutorials are on about. I'd rather Blender and GIMP because they're free and I'm broke.

My attempts at making new poses look like a Star Trek Transporter accidents.

Then I wanted to make some simple scripting mods so I started to learn C#. My mind blew a gasket when I got to where a struct produces a variable and a class creates a pointer to a variable. Wut?! Why would you ever even do that? Couldn't they have made it more like C ?

So, I salute you Modders for your talent and your knowledge!! And I thank you for sharing with us nobs who can't mod.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:17 AM
I can push polygons around on clothes, I can edit the various texture maps (except for masks) and I can create and export poses and animations. That's it. So I'm really not as much of a modder as I like to think.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 12:24 AM
If it makes you feel better a few days ago I built the "Emmett Brown Pre-Mortem Memorial Lab" as an annex to the Sunset Valley Military Base.