Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 9:01 AM
Thank you thank you thank you!
I started my pet rolls with Gen 3, since that's where I am.
Krista3 must have
2 pets
1 fish, 1 cat
cat breed is page 2, breed 1
Cat must have a job in the Service career
Then the optional "Sell or give up one pet for adoption each sim week." (I did 1-8 for the optionals, since I have both types) This is going to be difficult for me, I've NEVER sold or given up and adult pet for adoption
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th Nov 2012 at 10:53 AM
I'm so glad you like it! It sounds like you're going to have fun since cats autonomously 'watch' fish and womrats (it makes womrats nervous!) On a side note, since you have both cat and fish you could roll the optional challenges for 1-4 for both the cat and fish, so you have two optional challenges for both. But they are optional good to see you're having fun!
Test Subject
#53 Old 15th Nov 2012 at 9:26 AM
Ack! I've stupidly lost on this family, but I'm going to start again with another line and try again.
Krista rolled to be photogenic, and since both her parents liked painting, I decided that having sim-painted pictures of her would be a good idea instaed of the photobooth pics. All was going well, and she's been painted eight times already by different people, but when I moved her back home after Uni, the pictures of her as a child, which had been on the walls, had simply disappeared. Drats!
But I'm about to roll for a siny new CAS sim to start all over again :D

Just for the record, I made it to Gen 3 as an adult.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 1:00 PM
So the third generation is almost entirely born. 4/5 exist now, so I rolled the third generation's challenges. This is what I got:
A: Couple
B: two kids
C: Standard Career
C1: Education
D: Standard Career-Crime
E: Idle Career
F: Fashion Diva
...So one of the kids will follow in their grandfather's footsteps and become a teacher, but they're going to laze out about it. At least they're going to actually work this generation instead of "fish". Haelga doesn't even fish, and she's //loaded// since Hroaldr died and left big bucks for her, Naila, and two of the grandkids. Only one of the twins got mentioned in his will. The other one got nothing. Even the baby that had interacted with him twice got something. When all the kids are born, I'll take some screenshots.

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Test Subject
#55 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 3:54 PM
Well done on getting so far I did have lots of cash in my old line, but because I'm still on G1 now, and they're CAS, everything's a bit tight money-wise at the moment. Two of the four kids have been born, the father's in a job he doesn't want and the mother has Romance as her aspiration and Social Bunny as one of her challenges. Perfect family material!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 5:17 PM
Thanks u wu and yeah, the first generation is pretty tough, but I know you can do it! Social Bunny is really annoying. My founder was a Pleasure aspiration, and her first husband was Romance. [although if you read the thread, you would have known that already u wu] I'm impressed with how far I've come, to be honest, since I usually give up on legacies when the second generation is being born.

New Livejournal
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 1:26 PM
This sounds like a fun and interesting challenge. There are lots of options to liven up a plain legacy challenge. This is what I rolled:

A) Couple
B) 5 Children
C) Main Income - Standard Career - Science
D) Secondary Income - nonstandard - DJ
E)Generation Goal - Fulfilled
F) Misc. Fun - Joker

I also rolled up random pets, but I'm not doing the optional challenges for those:
5 Pets:
1 Cat - Service - page 4, middle right row (Ragdoll)
1 Arfpen
2 Birds
1 Large dog - Security - Page 9, bottom left row (Yellow Lab)

My founder has managed to get married and have one baby so far. He got fired early, so I had to get him back into the field. He's at level 2, now, I think. The cat is at level 2, and the dog just learned the tricks he needs to get to level 2. The family is poor. They haven't even had the money to buy the birds and DJ booth yet, lol. But they are happy and busy. I wasn't sure about adding the pets at first, because the chart is heavily geared toward having many pets, but I'm having fun with it - it's adding some chaotic elements to the gameplay.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 1:40 PM
@Ileeya: oh man a scientist and a DJ. That would be a fun house to be around XD Good luck with your challenge!

New Livejournal
Test Subject
#59 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 5:25 PM
A founder couple with 5 kids and 5 pets? Oh my, that's going to be hectic! Have fun :D
Test Subject
#60 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 12:14 PM
Ok, I've discovered I'm a complete wuss when it comes to pets. I simply can't bring myself to sell or give up for adoption ANY adult pets, never mind one a week. It's just so against everything I believe in. I can just about bring myself to be mean to my sims, but not their pets.

I have, however, come up with a couple of additional Pet challenges. I don't know what the etiquette is for modifying and re-posting someone else's work, so if these should be included along with the pet challenges by Monkaria on page 2, then feel free to add them in and post them all together, but if they should just be left on their own then here they are, feel free to use or ignore them as you see fit

1. Adopt the oldest pet of that type in the shelter (Roll for type, 1 - large dog, 2 - small dog, 3 - cat) then spoil it rotten until it dies.
2. Adopt any pet from the shelter and then spend the next week praising it for bad behaviour and scolding it for good. This means praising it every time it pees on the floor, destroys furniture, runs around crazily, howls yowls growls or acts hostile or crazy. And scolding it every time it pees outside or on the litter tray, gets clean, acts friendly, plays with a toy, uses a scratching post. Yes, this is one of my own challenges and I know in advance I won't be able to do it
3. Create two matching pets in CAS, (Roll for type, 1 - large dog, 2 - small dog, 3 - cat) any size breed or shape, but make it only have one layer of coat colours and make it completely black. Breed them. Then keep as many of the offspring as you want/need, continuing to breed down the lines, always keeping a direct line from the original pair. You may breed with any other animals in the game already, but you may not create any new ones. This challenge is over when you manage to breed a pet that's white with a custom colour or pattern (things like stars or panda markings, or Goofy, blue, purple, pink, green and neon colours) on top that's a direct descendant of the original two. It may take more than one sim generation.
4. Befriend and then adopt a stray that visits your lot.
5. Teach all dogs and cats in your house to use the toilet. After they have learned, if a human sim and a pet sim want to use the same toilet at the same time, you must allow the pet to go first.
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 7:48 PM
I noticed your pet challenges are a lot less evil than mine, Susan And they are totally great! I definitely agree with them being done in addition to my less nice challenges Thanks for writing them!
Test Subject
#62 Old 7th Dec 2012 at 12:00 AM
I'm doing this challenge ^^ and I'm posting it here: http://randomdovelegacy.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 12:40 PM
Hey, I rolled the generation goal Photogenic and got a bit of comprehension problems about that.

Quote:
Photogenic: Your sim loves to be looked at and wants their beauty to be remembered. Paint and capture using photo booth (Nightlife) 5 portraits of your sim display them in your house. One must be from the heirs’ childhood from toddler, child or teenager stage. Also create a portrait of your heirs children (during any childhood stage) and your heirs partner ( if applicable)

Who is meant with "the heir"? I'm in the 1st Generation, so is it my start sim or one of his children? But if it was my start sim, I couldn't take pics of him during childhood.

And how many photos altogether? 5 paintings and 5 photo booth pics or just 5 (some painted, some with photo booth)?
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 7:21 PM
Couple
3 Children
Painter
Criminal
Perfect Children
Fighter
Test Subject
#65 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 4:44 PM
My Rolls:
Second chance
2 children
Sculpture(Primary)
Fishersim(Secondary;1st Partner)
My Choice(Secondary;2nd Partner)
Perfect Children
Homemade
Must say I'm pretty happy with them. I'm posting the legacy here: http://blackwell-legacy.tumblr.com/

I won't be impressed with technology until I can download food.
Sims Blog: (x)
Mad Poster
#66 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:29 PM
I've just done a set of rolls to try this again myself, using a fairly heavily edited set of options based on these ones and the Sims 3 ones, with a bunch of my own ideas thrown in.

My Generation One is as follows:

- Couple + Friend (a new option taken from the Sims 3 challenge)
- Two Children
- Fishersim
- Painter
- Job Hopper (None, Fishersim, Fishersim, Produce Farmer (as opposed to my new option of animal farmer/breeder), Toy Maker, Florist, None, None, Robot Crafter, DJ)
- Expansionist
- Multi-Cultural (a new option taken from the Sims 3 challenge)

I started with brothers James and Jared Wilson. They are currently on holiday in Isle St Croix looking for a husband for James (who needs to be moved into the household before the end of the first week) and some fun female partners for Jared. James will also be spending a lot of time fishing methinks. Current plan is for Jared and a random female vacation local/tourist to have a baby together, but she won't live with them for long (if at all). Then either James and his husband will adopt a baby, or James will get abducted by aliens and have a half-alien child. But we'll see how it goes!
Alchemist
#67 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 1:27 PM
A. Marital Structure: 9. Couple
B. Number of children: 9: 4 kids (oh no..)
C. Primary income: 9 (is there something wrong with the dice..): Standard career (yes!)
C1. Job: 5 (Law Enforcement) hmm..
D. Secondary income (i don't get it with the secondary income, you have to cook, make the dishes, clean the house etc. and when is my sim having time for a secondy income? hmm): 1 (standard career) i can't have 2 careers soooo no :D
E. Generation Goal: 7: Deadbeat Parents HAHA this is fun
F. Miscellaneous Fun: 4: Alienated

When i have fixed the problems in my game i will start!
Alchemist
#68 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 5:50 PM
Oh, my legacy is going on so far great!

My starter sim was Alicia Bedingfield (i decided to do a alphabetical-legacy, starter sim gets a name that starts with an A, her child gets B, next child C etc.) she had easy a little bit brown skin and a delightful hat with brown hair. She lives in Strangetown and at first she only had 4800 simoleons, i only could afford some walls, toilet, shower, two doors, a refridgiator, a stove and a kitchen bench, well then Mr.Humble gave me a computer and i could afford a bed, a cactus and put walls on everything + paint it so it finally was a tiiiiny house. Since my sim had to find a future dad for her kids (and she needs 4 kids) i better hurry up before she gets old. She went to the pool area in Strangetown where she found a black-skinned man with a handsome face, but pretty ugly hair. He was not fun to talk to but they became friends, and two days after that they were married (xD). He had 3000 simoleons and i sold everything in his inventory so in the end we had 10000 simoleons in family funds. I upgraded the house and made a bedrom for two beds, a small room for the first baby, expanded the kitchen and a small livingroom.

Turns out John (her man) worked as a chef and gets 1350 simoleons a day (:D) Alicias career is not doing so great, she wanted to become a teacher but no! Dice says she needs to become a police, she is still only at level 2, because money and career is not really a big thing for her. Since i had to get an alien child for completing generation 1 round i made John get the Knowledge ambition, and then he went to his telescope and got contact with aliens. When he came back he puked in the toilet. The day before the alien-child was born Alicia and Johns first child Bonnie was born. Alicia and John is both brown-haired so they only get brown-haired kids. Bonnie seemed to always scream and cry for attention, gosh. She has a reeeaally pretty face. Two days after Bonnie was born, John gave birth to Cindy. I wish i could play Generation 2 on Cindy but Cindy is actually not related to Alicia, her father is just married to her. I had to build more on the house so Cindy got a room to! I wish i could pottytrain and teach them to walk and talk but i got Deadbeat Parents as the first generation goal, and Bonnie and Cindy really wanted to get to learn that! Oh well, the day after Bonnie and Cindy had become kids (THANK GOOD, Toddlers is a mess) John and Alicia had their third child Denice (3 daughters). Denice is the only child so far that has brown skin like her father John, while Bonnie has white-brown skin like her mother (and Cindy is just green). Alicia is now pregnant with the fourth child in the family.

The house they live in is reeaally small, more fitted for 3 persons, they often complain that they can't get to the place they want to go to. And not everything is perfect in this family. The day after John and Alicia got married while Alicia was at work John took home a friend from work, they kissed and woohooed on the bed. When they were done she walked home with a smile. Short after Bonnie was borned and Alicia was sleeping in her bed Bella Goth called and complained that she and John never hanged out. I made John go to some clothes-shop in Strangetown. They made out and while John was '' trying '' out some new underwear in a clothing-both Bella sneaked in and they woohooed.

Alicia has also a friend from work, but they are keeping it clean. He sooo often comes home to their place and he used to take their babys to the zink and clean them (naw) and he often played with them. I wished he was the father and not John, and Alicia and her friend really comes along well, they are best friends! Alicia flirted with him once and when he saw Alicia and John kiss he got really upset and smacked Alicia, they are now working on their friendship.

Alicia and John are sooo stressed taking care of 3 kids in a really smal house that they sometimes don't even got time to shower, clean the house or do the dishes. Since Alicia and John got about 5000 simoleons left over they hired a maid that does everything. Once John was so feed up he almost died from hunger, because he was so tired he could not eat.

Best legacy ever so far!
Alchemist
#69 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 9:49 AM
Since a bug made the socialworker take all my kids im starting a new one -_-

A. Marital Structure - 8 - Couple
B. Number of children - 2 - 1 kid
C. Primary income - 15 - Job hopper (haha)

The careers are:

1. - 12. Natural Scientist
2. - 18. Journalism
3. - 7. Military
4. - 2. Business
5. - 1. Athletic
6. - 8. Politics
7. - 6. Medical
8. - 16. Education
9. - 4. Culinary
10. - 19. Your choise: Gamer

D. Secondary income - 2: Fisher
E. Generation goal: - No Generation goal
F. Miscellaneous Fun: The Joker (free re-roll)
Alchemist
#70 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 6:44 PM
Well
Legacy is doing great!
My starter sim was Johanna Greenway, she also lives in Strangetown.
Her first career was to be in science, she married a guy i actually don't remember his name xD. She lived for about two weeks in a really smal home with one kitchen, a small bathroom and a bedroom with a tv in it. Johanna also gave birth to her child Alexander that looks alot like his father. Alexander was a real mess to deal with when he was a toddler, but when he grew up to a child he was funny to play with and a kid that often was playing with moms telescope or being bussy painting something in the artroom. Johanna and her husband who worked hard had after Alexander was born rebuild the house making it bigger and better, but its still quite small and they don't have much money, but they are not starving! Alexander still havent brought any friends from school over, and that is a bit worrying. Alexanders father is a biiig cheater, he has done it with 2 other girls while Johanna and Alexander was in school or at work. One day when Johanna was at her job (in Journalism, i reached level 5 in science so the next step was Journalism) Alexander walked in the livingroom to watch some tv. He saw his father and another man make out on the couch. Alexander started to cry and he lost some big relationship to his father, and Alexander now has a real strong relationship to his mother.
Before i turned the game of Alexander had grew up to a teenager and Johanna is now an elder proper lady.

I have taken many pictures, but i just can't find them in the file
Alchemist
#71 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:32 PM
Gen. 2: Alexander!
Since Alexander now is attending for college im going to now roll for his future, because he needs to know what class he is going to take for the job he is going to take

I have 1 re-roll from the joker so here we go!

Single parent
3 Kids
Standard career: Business (HALLELULEJAH YES! HE HAS FORTUNE AMBITION)
Secondary income: fishing
Generation Goal: Perfect Children (ooh hard one)
Luxury - ( GREAT because his parents has 70.000 simoleons left over for him!)

This is great!
Alchemist
#72 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 7:39 PM
Another one:

Couple
3 children
Politics
DJ
Perfect Careers
Half-Siblings (oh..)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#73 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 9:08 AM
@Monkaria I love your pet rules, I am going to add them in and give credit to you! If you want them out just comment and i'll take them out next time..

Everyone I am so glad you are enjoying this random legacy for sims 2! I am actually about to try the sims 3 version today

Creator of the Sims 2 Random Legacy Challenge
Check it out here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481001

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Which is only found here: http://thejardinlegacy.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#74 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nessa19892
Hey, I rolled the generation goal Photogenic and got a bit of comprehension problems about that.

Who is meant with "the heir"? I'm in the 1st Generation, so is it my start sim or one of his children? But if it was my start sim, I couldn't take pics of him during childhood.

And how many photos altogether? 5 paintings and 5 photo booth pics or just 5 (some painted, some with photo booth)?

I'm sorry I am late replying but hopefully I can clear it up for future reference.
You could do 5 paintings or if you have nightlife you could have chosen to use the photobox (I will clear that up in the instructions)
Because it is first generation just from adult to elder stage and as stated in the instructions you only have to do one for the children and partner

Creator of the Sims 2 Random Legacy Challenge
Check it out here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481001

Writes the Jardin Legacy
Which is only found here: http://thejardinlegacy.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#75 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 7:15 AM
Here's my entry!
Generation 1
Couple
5 children
Standard Career
Of My Choice