Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2007 at 4:56 AM
¤Desperado II: Freeform ¤ Search for the Black Pearl ! CLOSED !
Apply to the freeform here (read the first post though)

‡ ¤Desperado II: Deep Seas of the Caribbean¤ ‡

During a time when pirates ruled the seas there was a ship called Oracle of the West. After winning The Battle Of the Seven Seas, they immediately stole a ship and sailed towards the Caribbean, where they encountered a chest of Aztec Gold. They spent the treasure in exchange for food, rum and prostitutes. Little did they realize that whoever stole the coins would be cursed with immortality. The curse could only be demolished when each coin was returned to the chest along with a trace of blood from each pirate who stole one.

The crew lives on. Their zombie like bodies are visible under the moonlight. Their goal is to find the person with the last coin and shed his/her blood over the treasure chest. The treasure chest is on a small island in the French West Indies. However, there are two new crews in their way of getting the coin.

Updated: The Freeform

Welcome to the second season of Desperado, Desperado II: Deep Seas of the Caribbean. This WAS a Contest-RP, but it is now a freeform RP. It is based in the mid 1600's and takes place in the Caribbean seas. This all happens after the Great Battles of the Caribbean. The Royal Galleon now controls the seas of the Caribbean, so don't mess with them!lol You are a pirate & will join one of the three Pirate crews: Oracle of the West, The Caribbean's Jewel, or The Royal Galleon. The three crews are major enemies & all three want the Golden Medallion, which The Royal Galleon now has. Each crew wants the coin for different purposes. You crew has a ship, which shares it's name with the crew itself. At this moment, 4 ships will not be needed. If there are over 35 people in this RP then a 4th ship will appear! Anyone will be welcome to join the new ship, however not everyone. On certain occassions there may be suprise occurances.

With the freeform you may travel anywhere located in the list below. The time period after (24 Hours) will be the amount of time you and your crew must WAIT before you actually arrive to the destination.

Tortuga: 24 Hours
Please Suggest a Location

Battles

OVER- Ignore this, all of the battles have been fought. In this contest seven battles will take place. You will encounter your enemies in 7 areas of the Caribbean, as you search for the location of the Aztec Gold. Your ship will start out with nine areas, as will the others. For a battle, you and your fellow pirates must decide where to attack the other ship (you can only attack one ship per. battle). Every crew will decide two places to attack the other ship. Each pirate will decide where he or she wants to hide on the ship (pick one of the nine areas to hide in).

Port Royal|Battle Results
Game of Cards|Game of Cards Results
Portuguese West Indies|Portuguese West Indies Results|Tie-Breaker Results
Anglophone Caribbean|[Part II]|[Part III]|[Part IV]|[Part V]
Danish Antilles|Danish Antilles Results
Dutch West Indies
Las Antillas|Las Antillas Results
French West Indies

Winning A Battle

The crew that kills the most pirates wins the battle, claims the sea, plus recieves a total of 2,000 golden coins for winning! Regarding the pirates they have captured, the captain must decide what to do with them. He or she must do one of the following:

Walk the Plank (eliminated them from the game)
Take them to your side (In your crew now)
Steal coins (Steal as much coins as the captain wants, and the pirates stay in their crew)

The Treasury
I said this before and I'll say it again. Pirates CAN NOT be pirates without treasure. Each crew will start off with 1500 coins. Each time you win a battle you will take 500 coins from the losing crews and receive an additional 1000 coins (2,000 in total). Having coins is a BIG ADVANTAGE because you can add more rooms to your ship, which means more places for pirates to hide. You can also buy pirates from other crews with coins. You want to buy another pirate to have more man-power on your ship. The more pirates in your crew, the better because there is a bigger chance of attacking a bonus third room.

1 - 5 Pirates in a Crew = Can Attack 1 Room
6 - 12 Pirates in a Crew = Can attack 2 Rooms
13 - 16 Pirates in a Crew = Can attack 3 Rooms
16 + Pirates in a Crew = Can attack 4 Rooms

Oracle of the West: 0 Coins/Jar of Dirt/Parrot
The Caribbean's Jewel: 0 Coins/Parrot
The Royal Galleon: 5,100 Coins/Jar of Dirt

The Black Market is in the second post.

The Rules
  • Follow all Roleplay Forum Rules.
  • Keep posts related to the contest.
  • No kids, toddlers, or babies.
  • One sim per a contestant; Except twins.
  • Aliens/Creature-like are for Oracle of the West only. No humans.
  • Have fun and don't be too serious
  • One RP per a week is asked. It isn't required, but if I notice that you aren't posting your pirate will go "Missing".
Applications Open Always

Name:
Desired Crew:
Short Bio:
Headshot (Sim or Non-Sim):

The Crews

Oracle of the West :2nd
o1.Captain Evelynn LaSalle/WooHoo ([email protected])
o2.Ceryni/Vicci (vixeylixey)
o3.William Alderman/Shenanigans (404235739) Originally from The Royal Galleon
o4. Emilia Tasmanii/PrettySammy
*Spot Open
*Spot Open
-----------
In-active
o8.Pretty William Cawthorne/devoshka (devoshkas2c) Originally from The Caribbean's Jewel
o5.Marius Starling/TRIriana (River0110)
o6.Auberon Elric (Treasurer)/Nora (lutum sapientiae)
o2.Mickey O'Reilly/Haylifer (haylifer)

The Caribbean's Jewel :2nd

o1.Mona Stokes/xsnowdropx (Xo Skittles D0rk)
o2.Zane Flow/SwiftSign (PM)
o3.Dementia Sway/foolinthemoon (foolinthemoon)
o4.Estelle Fujijiwa/Gerbera (241245418)
o5.Gil Tabati/Andymy- Originally from The Royal Galleon (An Andymy mY)
o6.Emeraldia/Hamsterball (Hamsterha)
o7. Jessamin Slade/alexisaiger
*Spot Open
*Spot Open
--------------
In-active
o9.Estelle & Liana Dubois/Zixx- Originally from The Royal Galleon (PM)
o7.Captain Menyw Galed/MagicBeans (MagicalQueenBean)
o1.Pretty William Cawthorne/devoshka (devoshkas2c)
o2.Gaema Baine/JaimeA (Yelhsaemiaj)

The Royal Galleon :1st
o1.Mack the Black/redwing (PM)
o2.Captain Abby Lexington/NayanRose (PM)
o3.Cat Calloway/starphyre77 (PM)
o4.Zarah Leighton/(((PANdRitO))) (pandritoARB)
o5.Ewald Frost/Lunarsea (Lunarsea90)
*Spot Open
*Spot Open
*Spot Open

The Score Board

Prizes
Big thanks to MagicBeans for donating avatars to the OOTW crew.

Oracle of the West Avatars
The Caribbean's Jewel Avatars
The Royal Galleon Avatars

Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th May 2007 at 4:57 AM
Ye Midnite Pirate Black Market

Hello I am Zoraida Illyria. Welcome to my world-known market Ye Midnite Pirate Black Market. As you know, our market is located on a very remote island, a little south of Nassau. Our store is made for pirates only, and if you even try to steal from here I will cut out your brains! We sell illegal items such as potions and pirates, but we can also build you another room on your ship and we can even build you a new one. There are many items up for sale that can help you on a voyage also. Captains can purchase an item any day or time! No refunds! Prices can change.

This sim was created by Zora.

Items/Services in the Market

Regular Room
Add a useful room to your ship for only 2000 coins. It will only take 24 hours to add on to your ship, and we will handle the labor.
Sturdy Room
Aye, the sturdy room. These rooms are very small, but very sturdy. They cost 4000 more coins than the regular room, but they are so tough a cannon can't even break it's walls! Three people can fit in them at a time, but they will be 100% safe in battles. Only one sturdy room per a ship!

Cost of a Pirate
Buy a pirate from any crew for 2000 coins. The more pirates you have, the more times you get to attack.
Pirates for sale
o1.Angelique Gustofe/blah-blah-blah (PM)

The Re-birth Potion
Force this potion down one of the dead bodies on your ship, and he or she will be immediately revived.

Parrot
We train our parrots to spy! They can fly into one of your enemy's room and see if there are pirates hiding in the area! Plus, they are potty trained (Oh what a delight!) One parrot per crew.

Jar of Dirt
Put this jar of dirt in one of your original 9 rooms. When an enemy crew attacks this room, the dirt will be released and morph into souls of the dead and counter attack your enemy.

New Ships
Buy a new ship built by us.

---------------------------

Desperado Hall of ARGGGHH

Desperado II: Deep Seas of the Caribbean

The Royal Galleon :1st
o1.Mack the Black/redwing (PM)
o2.Captain Abby Lexington/NayanRose (PM)
o3.William Alderman/Shenanigans (404235739)
o4.Cat Calloway/starphyre77 (PM)
o5. A Freecard
o6.Zarah Leighton/(((PANdRitO))) (pandritoARB)
o7.Ewald Frost/Lunarsea (Lunarsea90)

Oracle of the West :2nd
The Caribbean's Jewel :2nd

Desperado: Battles of the Seven Seas

Oracle of the West :1st
o1. Azala Smythe (Hafise25)
o2. Captain Leota LaSalle (WooHoo)
o3. Vlad LaCroix (Derange)
o4. Tethys of the North (Tosh)
o5. Irina Starling (TRIriana)
o6. Drusilla Roe (Brook_lynn_marie)
o7. Chiharu (GETAGIRL4)- Originally from Black Pearl
o8. Melody Swartez (cosmopolitans)- Originally from Black Pearl
o9. Ana Maria Alvarez (Oniella)- Originally from Black Pearl
10. Lady Alvida Nova (Psy10)- Originally from Black Pearl
11. Reine Croshe (Mickey)- Originally from Black Pearl
12. Lucy Broker (Stefanetta)- Originally from Black Pearl
13. Mira Fhountain (Anne)- Originally from Black Pearl
14. Scarlett Fowler (emmebemme189)- Originally from Black Pearl

Falon of the Red Sea :2nd
The Black Pearl- Sunken Ship :3rd
#3 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:02 AM
Definately entering :]

I love the idea, but I tink it'd be better as a contest...-shrug- Can't wait to start -hugs 123321-
#4 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:03 AM
Oh Cool! I get a chance to play with my Great Somethingth Grandfather (Francis Drake)

So tell me, where would the ghostish rebirth of a Spanish Inquistion Pirate best be suited?

ETA: Do the first entrant for each ship become the captains?
#5 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:07 AM
Sounds fun. Do they have to be human skinned, or can they have say...demon skin?
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:07 AM
Thank you chestnut- It originally was a contest, but I added lots of RPing elements to it (POTC plot).

Infernal you can join any crew! However, if it's a unhuman then join Oracle.

Quote: Originally posted by MagicBeans
Sounds fun. Do they have to be human skinned, or can they have say...demon skin?

Oracle of the West ppls have to have unhuman skin (Unless decedent from a previous OTW). The other crews must have human skin.
#7 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:10 AM
Ok, 123, but what about the captain of the crew thing? Im just curious.
#8 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:11 AM
AHHHHHH!! :valentine

Liya...errr...I mean, Zoraida *ahem* looks absolutely wicked :clap: I love it! :D
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Infernal
Ok, 123, but what about the captain of the crew thing? Im just curious.

Once there are nine people in your crew the nine of you will vote for a captain. The captain basically confirms the battle strategies and such.

Quote: Originally posted by Zora
AHHHHHH!! :valentine

Liya...errr...I mean, Zoraida *ahem* looks absolutely wicked :clap: I love it! :D

Heehee thank you!
#10 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:12 AM
This does sound like an awful lot of fun.
#11 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:15 AM
Hehe, if anyone didn't know, I am a direct blood descendant from Sir Francis Drake, a real pirate from long ago. He's my great somethingth grandfather.
===
Name: Sir Francis Drake
Desired Crew: Royal Galleon
AIM Avaliable: Yes, (InfernalS2C) made for this kinda thing
Short Bio: Here (Can't shorten his history without some guilt) But continuing off of that:

Sir Drake, El Dragon, as he was called, clamored onto the beach. His skin pasty white, his mouth dry with salt, and his mind rushing. Davy Jones had spit him out from its pits, and onto a beach. El Dragon learned of his leap through time, and soon began to acustom himself to this new settings. However, his wit and desires were still about him, and his mind raced. Sir Francis Drake, terror on the seas, was alive again, and this time, very very vengeful. He sooned crewed up in The Royal Galleon

Headshot:
#12 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:16 AM
Default Tuulia O'Bannion
Name: Tuulia O'Bannion
Desired Crew: The Caribbean's Jewel
AIM Avaliable: PM > AIM
Short Bio: Tuulia was abandoned at birth in London where she wanders aimlessly. After years of being outcasted and shunned, she robbed a local bank and spent two years in jail. Tuulia has spent the remainder of her life in the allies, gambling with her band of homeless families.
Headshot:
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zeldap
This does sound like an awful lot of fun.

It is lots of fun! lol

Thanks for joining Infernal & flyingpigeon.

flyingpigeon: AIM is AOL Instant Messenger- There is a link at the bottom of the first post.
-----------
Err just want to let you all know right now, that this RP-contest will be a lot slower since there are (thankfully) no time schedules in the RP area.
#14 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:20 AM
Thats what I figured... not giving it out

I've always wanted to join an RP thing... I hope I don't suck too bad
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:21 AM
That's perfectly fine.
#16 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:21 AM
Hehe, this is going to be sweet.. and to be playing as someone Ive not only researched a great deal, but actually carry his blood through.. ooohh! Gives me chills really! Really really cool opportunity!

InfernalS2C. Dont care who you are, add me as a buddy and message me ^.^
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:23 AM
AIM is strictly for strategy purposes and you should only communicate with people on your crew, unless you want the other teams to know where you are hiding and such.
#18 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:39 AM
Name: Mordecai Heller
AIM Avaliable: manikpanik7
Short Bio: Born in New York City, Mordecai moved to New Orleans at a young age, taking odd jobs as a runner and a hitman until his 25th birthday. It was then when he was given the opportunity to join his first pirate crew, and soon he left the streets of New Orleans behind for the more thrilling life at sea.
Headshot:

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:42 AM
Thanks for joining Derange- I added everyone so far.

Also, I changed the rule on Oracle of the West- Anyone who is a descendant of a previous Oracle of the West pirate can have human skin and be on that crew.

Room #31
Field Researcher
#20 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:48 AM
Name: Calvin "Freckle" McMurray
AIM Avaliable: saturnmarieson
Short Bio: When he was but the wee age of 8, his older cousin dragged him aboard a ship to stowaway much to his dismay. He has been sailing ever since, earning and finding his way back to his mother, he loves oh-so dearly. Freckle is a shy and good-natured kid and works hard. Although, he can be a bit sporadic when pointy and explosive things are involved.
Headshot:

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
#21 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:52 AM
Name: Molly Wainwright
Desired Crew: Royal Galleon
Aim Available: zeldaop
Short Bio: Molly ran away from a strict family at the age of 16 and has been surviving on her own ever since. She has recently begun to experience a thirst for adventure.
Headshot:
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:56 AM
Thank you for joining SSChan & zeldap. :D
---------
Just to let you know, if you want to be the Aztec medallion holder, you have to not be a pirate. You'll eventually be captured- but I'll get into that later.
#23 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:01 AM
NAME
cecelia linton

OCCUPATION
hustler

DESIRED CREW
The Caribbean's Jewell

SHORT BIOGRAPHY
The captain, who is now dead, had a one night stand with a Cuban native in the port of Havana. This resulted in the young Cuban becoming pregnant. Deciding to take aboard this lady they now knew as Guadolipa, they realised they had made a fateful decision soon after Guadolipa had Cecelia. Guadolipa proceeded to steal jewellery that was priceless, and escaped into the port of Mexicali never to be seen again. The captain raised Cecelia, until Christmas night, exactly five years to the day Guadolipa left, when the captain was stabbed to death in a pub in Havana.

HEADSHOT

Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:21 AM
Eeee! I want to play!

Name: Evelynn LaSalle
Job: (not sure yet)
AIM: [email protected] (because somehow, it works like that)
Bio: Evelynn is the daughter of Captain Leota LaSalle, former Captain of the Oracle of the West. When she was young, her mother tried to go back to land and raise her "properly", but Evelynn never felt quite at home anywhere other than on the Oracle of the West. Within their first year of living on land, Leota was discovered and recognized as being a former pirate. She was able to evade the law for another year, but Leota LaSalle can never fully disappear. She was eventually captured and sentenced to hanging.
Now, Evelynn is determined to get back on the Oracle. She hopes to carry on her mother's legacy and someday be captain.
About Ev's Personality!
Ev is the mean, strict, disciplinarian type. Or, at least, she tries to be. She gets nervous easily and she's prone to stress. Rum helps with that. She never yells. She might raise her voice a bit, or speak sternly, but she wont scream at anyone out of anger.
Never call her Evelynn. She has a special punishment for anyone who does. Her crew should call her Captain LaSalle (or Cap'n Sally if everyone's drunk enough).
Ev wants so much to be like her mother. Problem is, she didn't know her mother very well. The side of her mother that she saw was the strong, responsible woman who had all the answers, so she tries to act like that. But it doesn't suit her.
Fears: Failure, Drinking too much and passing out, Monkeys, Cannibals
(btw, Ev is not a sexual character. Love, sex and romance in general are all parts of life she's chosen to ignore.)

(please excuse this headshot, my computer wont let me take good pictures anymore. It's not that I don't know how!)
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:27 AM
Wheee:D

Name: Mona Stokes
Desired Crew: Caribbeans Jewel
AIM Avaliable: Xo Skittles D0rk
Short Bio: Mona's family was killed when she was seven years old. She was adopted by a horrible family who neglected and abused her, and she quickly ran away. She spent most of her life on the streets, stealing food and goods to get by. Mona is originally from England, but has since made made her way to the Caribbean, and has managed to get herself off the streets. But still steals for some extra money. Mona is skilled with a sword.
Headshot:

Page 1 of 110