Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 5:07 PM
Default Tips for having enough employees in a small neighborhood?
I'd like for most of my sims to own businesses and hire other sims, but I don't want to have to make new sims every time I need another employee. I'm trying to keep my neighborhood size from getting too big too quickly. Also, I like to make my sims have careers instead of working at their friend's coffee house their whole life.

Do you guys know of any way to have a single sim be an employee of multiple businesses? And have a sim be an employee while having a standard job? Posting this in the General section instead of WCIF because it could be a mod or it could be another sort of workaround. Anything resembling a solution to this problem would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 5:51 PM
I think by far the easiest way is to have a few townies and employ them. If you remove the Pleasantview template while you create your new 'hood, you won't get the Pleasantview townies, but you can create your own using BoolpropTestingCheatsEnabled true and the mailbox, Townie Tree or Townie Gun. Or you can create your own in CAS and import them with a teleporter. There are tutorials on how to do this. The townies are also customers for your shops. You don't need hundreds of them - 30 or less will do for a small neighbourhood.

I know some people don't like townies, but to me they represent all the people whom we don't know but see every time we go out. A few townies don't add much to the size of a 'hood. They don't need houses and they don't breed, unless of course you make them playable.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 6:01 PM
I have around 20 townies that I made, but I do plan on marrying them in/making them playable at some point. Until then, I guess they could be employees. Then once I have teenagers in my hood they can be employees until they get older. Plus there's the 4 gardening club people (which I have this fix to make them townies capable of managing businesses), the mailwoman, and the 10 hobby leaders. So I guess I'm not doing too bad. Plus I have Simlogical's auto cash register so I won't need to hire cashiers.

And, @PlatinumPlumbbob, taking out notownieregen? Blasphemy.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 7:28 PM
One way you could do it, though it would be quite a bit of work, would be to teleport the desired sim to the business, make them selectable, and then play them like you do the other sims, then use Monique's computer or some other money-exchanging mod to send money to the sim's household later. Then the teleported sim could technically work as many businesses as you would want.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lella27
And have a sim be an employee while having a standard job? Posting this in the General section instead of WCIF because it could be a mod or it could be another sort of workaround. Anything resembling a solution to this problem would be appreciated.

A business owner can have a career or be employed by another business owner. This may help in keeping down the population of your hood.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 11:17 PM
I find making a new sim or couple to be the best way. I start off tiny and add them as needed. This does not cause the hood to become too big too quickly because I only started off with the essential families. Most businesses can do without employees for a certain amount of time especially if you use the automatic till from simlogical. So far I have hired one sim to work at the clinic on the till, one sim has been hired to wait tables and one independent teen made and hired to work the espresso machine at the coffee shop. Three sims is not a lot. The families own children can help out as they get older. Right now the two boys on the farm have a big part in keeping the crops weeded and watered. Children can practice their till skills with a mod so they will be ready to work a till with some knowledge by the time they turn teen.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Children can practice their till skills with a mod so they will be ready to work a till with some knowledge by the time they turn teen.

Do you mean having the children use Monique's computer to gain talent badges or is there another way to do that?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 11:34 PM
Take a "Bigfoot In A Box" from http://www.simwardrobe.com/ He has all badges and skills. Or create a servo.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 11:59 PM
No it's a mod by Numenor https://www.modthesims.info/d/215415
It looks cute too.
The shop has to be closed for the action to show up on the till.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~