Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#51 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 3:15 PM
Hi back from Italian Easter eating....

for levini, i like the starter for how it looks now. might you build some other starters in the same location? so we have an omogeneous part for them. in my own style, i prefer random big gardens rather than little-sized lots, so one can eventually expand it, but i know it also provides higher costs, so... if you replace anything just let me know, but somewhen i'll have to insert those lots in the in game mod, so i'll fit them

for volvemor, than you for testing. the ground colors are default sunset valley, i actually thought about making it all quite "yellow", so it doesn't hurt your eyes (as i think EA green does), but than i got lazy... will keep it in mind also, the world looks amazing from your pool villa. i am considering all your advices anyway, but wait until I receive more feedback to actually do something about it. maybe the italian Easter made more lazier!

Thank you again!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 11:21 PM
Ok, I will create a whole block of Starters, finish the beach bum shack and will PM pics and the lots over to ya

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 11:07 AM Last edited by kchaos : 14th Apr 2012 at 9:30 PM.
Thank you!

EDIT I am remodelling the city centre, it wasn't quite natural... any feedback about it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#54 Old 5th May 2012 at 11:47 PM Last edited by kchaos : 6th May 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Default Recolour
Hi

I've decided to recolour the whole world, since this GREEN is pretty annoying. It is just not realistic and it kinda hurt my eyes.

I took a photo (right side) and than "lowed" it's saturation (left side). That's how I want the world to look like.

This is what I am obtaining ingame (two sides of the street for before/after):

and this is how a little island looks like (i've sculpted it all new, has nothing to do with original sunset valley...):

here are some other pics of what i've done today: enjoy and comment!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg9/...jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg68...jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg84...jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg21...jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg26...jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg81...jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg40...jpg&res=landing

Please, tell me what do you think! Thank you!
Instructor
#55 Old 6th May 2012 at 2:55 AM
Lovely, Im getting the Lots built, Taking a bit since I am having a block with the floorplans.

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Field Researcher
#56 Old 6th May 2012 at 7:24 AM
It looks beautiful with that little bit of brown-it adds a bit of grunginess that completes it as a whole.
I really think you should have custom weather in this world-simsample's weather for jericho would make a perfect base with a little lightening on the colour of the water.

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 6th May 2012 at 4:46 PM
thank you levini! fyi, i have to remove the lots for recoloring but I've learnt to easily put them back, so there will be no compatibility-probs.
With coloring I am changing che tree populations as well: I think it looks more natural that way. I also don't wanna use palms for the beach, but let's see how it evolves...
I have built something, mostly taken from my previous creations and adpated in colors and style to this world. I could only take some quite bad pics of the insides since I can't move the camera free within in-game-editing.

Thank you lennon! I haven't learnt how to set a custom wather yet, I might try at the end of the project if it's not too difficult for me!

Pictures:

Now I think it's time for me to get some homework done! Bis bald!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 6th May 2012 at 10:57 PM
I cannot describe how beautiful those pictures are!
Here's the default appearance of all the weather types in simsample's custom weather for jericho-I think it'd be perfect for this world!

"It's written amazingly well... but if you don't take out the part that says, "I don't care if you kill L", I'll die." -L Lawliet
Instructor
#59 Old 6th May 2012 at 11:40 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#60 Old 15th May 2012 at 9:56 PM
Default Foggy Area Complete
I STILL NEED BUILDERS!
Just PM me and tell me what you're up for...

----
Good morning! - at least it is morning in Europe.
I have largely improved the foggy area: it's almost finished, but I want to see levini's starters to check if I can place one or two here or where are they supposed to be placed...

Here are some in-game pictures:

Under the spoiler is an overview picture of the world from a peninsula:

Hope to receive some helpful feedback for improving! Thank you so much
Field Researcher
#61 Old 16th May 2012 at 1:40 AM
Incredible update-it's looking like the Scottish countryside with all that beautiful brown!

Instructor
#62 Old 16th May 2012 at 3:12 AM
Ok so far I have about 3 lots done, I will send them over to you. I am also planning to Make a house that will have a tomb for WA users, if it is ok with you. I will just send all the files over and the tomb and what lot it should be in.

(◐ω◑)
(◐ω◑)
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 16th May 2012 at 3:20 AM
I love this world so far, but the only thing that sets me off is that sidewalk that goes out onto the beach, it seems to kind of blend in, but seems out of place.

And, if you are still looking for builders, I'm willing to build just about anything you throw at me. Feel free to PM the lot sizes and stuff, assuming its flat, because building on a slope is tricky because you would have to adjust it to place it in the world.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
dodgy builder
#64 Old 16th May 2012 at 11:33 AM
I agree with Riptide about that path.

I also want to say you're just about crashing colors, but then you save it in the last minute. The first picture in post 57 is ok, the diner toilet picture is good ... except for the pinky flower if I'm gonna be picky, but I'm not so it's ok. The green/yellow beach on the left side of the overview is a problem. You may just blend it in by using more variations in colors. It's your sandy beach color making the problem, but at the same time you have something good going on there ...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th May 2012 at 8:52 AM
hi guys! thank you for the feedback, I really need it. I will definetely delete the sidewalf on the sand! But I am keeping the pink flowers, if nobody else wants to be picky... I still like them, I'm sorry :p
But Volvenom, can you explain what you mean with the color issues, please? Thanks!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#66 Old 27th May 2012 at 9:46 AM
Update: my very first home! I mean... I made some while playing, but it's the fist one I've created for this world. It's the biggest lot in the foggy area.

I think I might "hammer" the glas house and build an abandoned garden instead... with playgrounds, tables, ...
Field Researcher
#67 Old 27th May 2012 at 9:46 PM
Yeah, the glass house does look rather wonky indeed.

Field Researcher
retired moderator
#68 Old 27th May 2012 at 11:24 PM
Do you still need builders? I think it'd be fun to help if you want me to. Just tell me what I can do.

PM me with a request!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#69 Old 30th May 2012 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lennon7777777
Yeah, the glass house does look rather wonky indeed.

I tought the same but had already saved/closed the game...
So that's how it looks now (still made some little change after the shooting)

does it look better?

Here are some other shots:

perfectionist, yes: I do still need some help. You can choose a lot from original Sunset Valley (I'd suggest those near the center from the side of the mountains) and start building according to your style. I'd like for the whole world to look slightly abandoned and cozy, so I'd rather see some dry weeds within your great garden decorations (I saw your creations!) but any help is highly appreciate. I'd like to finish it asap and than every user could change any details...

Thank you!
Alchemist
#70 Old 30th May 2012 at 7:49 PM
For a cozy and slightly abandoned looking houses you could ask Ouerbacker if you could use some of his houses. He made some (some is underrated..) beautiful victorian houses
http://ouerbackersims3stuff.blogspot.de/ he hasn't many uploads, but asking is free

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#71 Old 31st May 2012 at 12:51 AM
That looks a lot nicer-but the cliffs behind look really weird-maybe you could do something with them.

Field Researcher
retired moderator
#72 Old 31st May 2012 at 1:00 AM
I'll work on a house as soon as I can! You can use ones already uploaded if you want too, just edit them to look slightly abandoned.

PM me with a request!
Field Researcher
#73 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 10:27 PM
This world looks great so far. Have you considered building the houses from pleasantview in TS2, updating them then grungifying them, if that makes sense. They aren't that difficult to build and would help if you were stuck for floor plans.
Test Subject
#74 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 2:36 AM
Oooh, that's nice
Top Secret Researcher
#75 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 6:58 PM
I'm finally getting to work on the 4 beach lots I was given, and I have to say, I feel "The Hamptons" style houses really seem to fit, with the big lot sizes, I am able to do a lot w/ them.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: Old - will re-open if requested
Page 3 of 4