Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 8:53 AM Last edited by BlackjackGabbiani : 18th Apr 2017 at 12:05 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Journalist sim can't interview, teen slinks everywhere
I have a town with just Generations and Showtime, and my teen slinks everywhere like she's about to cause trouble. I sent her for a jog and it took her about an in game hour to go a block because she wouldn't run normally. Meanwhile her mom is a journalist and no matter how close she is with someone she never gets the opportunity to interview anybody. She used to be able to, but suddenly nope.

What gives and how do I fix this?

Edit--ok now she was able to conduct ONE interview, but it still won't show up for anyone else. Teen still skulking.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I have a town with just Generations and Showtime, and my teen slinks everywhere like she's about to cause trouble. I sent her for a jog and it took her about an in game hour to go a block because she wouldn't run normally. Meanwhile her mom is a journalist and no matter how close she is with someone she never gets the opportunity to interview anybody. She used to be able to, but suddenly nope. What gives and how do I fix this?
Edit--ok now she was able to conduct ONE interview, but it still won't show up for anyone else. Teen still skulking.

On the walk styles: Scroll down On This Page to My Sims Are Constantly Running Everywhere Or Are Stuck In Sneak Mode
There are 3 options for correcting walk styles and a link to other mods that might help.

Re the interviews: Not sure what you are asking. What do you mean by it still won't show up for anyone else?
Is it a Sim not showing up or an Opportunity?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 5:30 PM
I think - as in, I'm not 100 per cent positive about this - that the ability to conduct interviews is not so much dependent on relationship status but rather conversation status. The others have to think of the journalist as being either "friendly" or "sociable". If you spam them with friendly interactions the option should then finally appear.

Plus, during certain levels in the journalist career you cannot conduct interviews. Weather Women/Men, for example, can't.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 11:59 PM
Setting her walk cycle to "walk" didn't work, and that's something I saw on a lot of suggestions.

Huh, that would explain why she couldn't interview anyone. Once she went up in rank the ability came back! Weird that it would vanish like that when the ability to write freelance articles is there.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 9:41 AM
Buzzler's Running Disease Hotfix is your go-to mod then: http://www.modthesims.info/d/411351