Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 12:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default My game has been "Saving" for three days
A little Pre-Disclaimer; I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. I tried, I really did, to follow the FAQ directions, read it word for word, but I still don't know what's going on.

I play Sims 3 on Windows 10, and have been for a few months now without any real problems. The only things I've been able to figure out about my computer are the 'Processor' : AMD A6-3650 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.60 GHz

The 'RAM' : 8.00 GB

And the 'System Type' : 64-bit Operating System, x64-based Processor

Those are copied down directly from Control Panel>System and Security>System

End of Pre-Disclaimer

So, as the title claims, my game has literally been saving for three days. Little spinny cursor wheel and everything.

I was trying to save a totally new save-game in Isla Paradiso. I was playing with all expansion packs in use except for ITF and Pets, and I wasn't using any Store Content or Stuff packs. I do, however, play with a few Nraas Mods and Custom Content. The amount of Custom Content has never been a problem before, neither have I found any specific 'Bad' pieces of CC. All the Custom Content/Mods I use are .package files installed through "Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Mods>Packages", as I have had issues with my game not loading when ever I download .Sims3Pack files through the launcher.

I've had this problem before, with an old save, but I overlooked it since I had just rebutted my whole "The Sims 3" folder by renaming the original to "Sims3_Backup", opening my game, and placing backups of all my saves in the newly spawned "The Sims 3" folder.

Since the rebutting, my game has worked fine (save for the.... save issue) with zero lag, gameplay glitches, and only the occasional creepy un-rendered baby.

I definitely think it has something to do with the rebutting, but I want to explore all possible options before wiping The Sims 3 completely off my computer and losing all my beloved sims

If you need more information from me, please let me know, and I'll find it to the best of my abilities. I honestly bet there is a really simple mistake I've made, but I can't for the life of me imagine what it was or how to un-do it.

And for the record, the same thing happens with and without Mods/Custom Content, and I haven't gotten any error messages. Just infinite saving screens.