Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 7:43 PM
Default Shopping hacks?
So, I was using Carrigon's Shop in Bulk hack before the latest patch, but it doesn't seem to work with 2.0 (even though 2.0.114 definitely helped a lot of the problems I had with .113). There haven't been any updates to Carrigon's TSM page since April, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any similar hacks. It's REALLY a pain to find things like the Mystical Metal fragments and such....and I got really used to having things like the Angelsguard

Anyone know of other mods similar to this?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:41 PM
I have a mod on the Market Stall giving more items, but all the high-powered stuff in Carrigon's mod isn't in mine.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 12:36 AM
Carrigon's mod is a Super-Mod, it's loss will be felt deeply.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I have a mod on the Market Stall giving more items, but all the high-powered stuff in Carrigon's mod isn't in mine.

Yeah, I found your mod and I love it. Thanks!
Firestarter
#5 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 10:47 AM
I just got the EP, I'll be looking at the codes soon, and hopefully doing some updates in the near future.
Instructor
#6 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 7:41 PM
Carrigon's latest updated shopping in bulk mod is compatible with P&N, slightly glitchy, but it works.
Firestarter
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 2:16 PM
You can try it, but I wouldn't recommend it. I looked at the codes. They added thousands of lines of new code. If you use my hack, you won't see new armor and new weapons, new potions, new stuff to buy.

I don't know when I can update this. Some real life stuff came up that I have to deal with and it's going to take up most of my time this month.
Instructor
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 9:01 PM
Well take your time, as long as it works for me I'm happy. sooooooooo happy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Carrigon
You can try it, but I wouldn't recommend it. I looked at the codes. They added thousands of lines of new code. If you use my hack, you won't see new armor and new weapons, new potions, new stuff to buy.

I don't know when I can update this. Some real life stuff came up that I have to deal with and it's going to take up most of my time this month.

No rush, really - I'm just glad you make these mods when you do! I've tried using the most recent version and nothing shows up. In any case, I'll just wait until something good comes
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 8:22 AM
This is the only mod I currently need. Can someone update the mod? At all? Carrigon hasn't updated yet, so I assume that they (she?) is still dealing with the personal stuff. But yeah, I need this mod and then my sim life will be complete!
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:31 AM
I agree with Darth. Please? ;-;
Instructor
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RionKatt
I agree with Darth. Please? ;-;

Frappacino has a wonderful mod, found HERE that works with pirates and nobles.
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th May 2013 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarthKitsune
Carrigon's latest updated shopping in bulk mod is compatible with P&N, slightly glitchy, but it works.

How did you get it to work? When i going to the blacksmith or any other shops the shop list is empty and i cant exit it once i enter it?

Can it be i need to start a new game? Cuz my hero has a sword from pirates and nobles?
Scholar
#14 Old 19th May 2013 at 7:47 PM
What is it you're looking for in a shopping mod?
Is it a larger number of objects available at a time?
Cheatier, like more objects listed? (like the hard to find items etc)
I ask because the recipes/harvesting mod I'm working on uses the shopping xml as well, so if it's something specific you're after that wouldn't take me too far out of my way, I'll consider adding it in to the mod.
The question is open to everyone, especially to those that might be interested in the recipe/harvesting mod as any other shop mod would be incompatible with this one.
Instructor
#15 Old 19th May 2013 at 9:29 PM
the only thing I need on a consistent basis is the doom 'stuff' ingredients so I can make the Doom 'Stuff'. Doom.
Test Subject
#16 Old 20th May 2013 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
What is it you're looking for in a shopping mod?
Is it a larger number of objects available at a time?
Cheatier, like more objects listed? (like the hard to find items etc)
I ask because the recipes/harvesting mod I'm working on uses the shopping xml as well, so if it's something specific you're after that wouldn't take me too far out of my way, I'll consider adding it in to the mod.
The question is open to everyone, especially to those that might be interested in the recipe/harvesting mod as any other shop mod would be incompatible with this one.

I mean all items. I talking about the shopping bulk mod v8 from Carrigon. My list get empty when i enter any shop. And i cant exit it. And if you read a bit above you can read DarthKitsune got it to work.
Scholar
#17 Old 20th May 2013 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by math341c
I mean all items. I talking about the shopping bulk mod v8 from Carrigon. My list get empty when i enter any shop. And i cant exit it. And if you read a bit above you can read DarthKitsune got it to work.

The shop appears blank and you can't exit when the game looks for something it can't find. So I'd guess a code in use in the mod for the base game has been changed in P&N, even one item being changed like this will break the entire mod.

I never used Carrigon's mod, so I don't know what it included, I wouldn't be looking to copy someone else's mod anyway, and like Carrigon already said, even if you get the mod to work for you, all the new items aren't in it, and you also won't have access to the other shops that were added with P&N.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th May 2013 at 3:22 PM
Really, we don't need any more mods that modify the shopping.xml file. Too many incompatibilities, too many headaches etc.
What we need is a loader that everyone can add their own shops and items to, kinda like the NRaas Careers mod I guess.

In fact, I'm working on that very thing right now, which is partly why I never posted another related mod I was working on.
The other part being our new wiki section, work, and my girlfriend nagging about not giving her enough attention.
Scholar
#19 Old 20th May 2013 at 4:15 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 20th May 2013 at 4:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DeeDawg
Really, we don't need any more mods that modify the shopping.xml file. Too many incompatibilities, too many headaches etc.
What we need is a loader that everyone can add their own shops and items to, kinda like the NRaas Careers mod I guess.

In fact, I'm working on that very thing right now, which is partly why I never posted another related mod I was working on.
The other part being our new wiki section, work, and my girlfriend nagging about not giving her enough attention.

The incompatibilities with Carrigon's mod came about because of the change in game code and the mod not being updated.
Frappaccino's mod had errors in it, but works fine in conjunction with Shimrod's mod.
Shimrod's mod works exactly as he intended it to.
Mine also works fine, and since the game is never going to be updated again, no mod that alters the shopping xml should be a problem anymore.

Unfortunately, for me to be able to add the new items in to the game I need the shopping xml otherwise the new items have nowhere to spawn.
If it wasn't for this I wouldn't have bothered touching it at all, since the finding of rares etc doesn't bother me, I quite like it, gives me something to aim for.
There are no headaches with this particular xml, the only headache for me, with this mod, is in the way the personal inventories are saved, which has nothing to do with this xml, and the xml can be removed at will without causing any problems.

The problems come about when something is listed in it that can't be found, so if a name is wrong, and the game decides that the item doesn't exist then the shop breaks.
Or if you add a new item to it's relevant xml, and then later remove that item but forget to remove it from the shop, this will break the shop as well.
But both of these things are a modders error and nothing to do with how stable the use of the xml is.

The shopping xml is a necessity to the recipes/harvest mod though, so I look forward to seeing what your loader mod can do.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th May 2013 at 4:39 PM
The shopping xml is a necessity to the recipes/harvest mod though, so I look forward to seeing what your loader mod can do.
Well, I wasn't exactly referring to any specific mods. I was merely pointing out that if we have too many mods that modify the file to their own needs, we will eventually end up with too many incompatibilities.

Ideally, we shouldn't need to modify any game files to get new things added to the game, and that's exactly why I've started on this loader thing. We should be able to do the same with quests, responsibilities etc, but I'm not going down that road. Not yet anyway.
Scholar
#21 Old 20th May 2013 at 5:03 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 20th May 2013 at 5:54 PM.
Well, I wasn't exactly referring to any specific mods. I was merely pointing out that if we have too many mods that modify the file to their own needs, we will eventually end up with too many incompatibilities.

Ideally, we shouldn't need to modify any game files to get new things added to the game, and that's exactly why I've started on this loader thing. We should be able to do the same with quests, responsibilities etc, but I'm not going down that road. Not yet anyway.

There aren't too many shopping mods though, since aside from Shimrod's one that sets all shop items to an availability of 50 per item per day , none of the other shop mods work anymore.

That would certainly be an awesome mod, since at the moment to make the recipes/harvest mod work I've had to alter the herb plant spawner, recipes, spawnables, shopping and crafting table.

If you're thinking along the lines of new items being added in though, you may want to take a look at how personal inventories are saved.
If a sim is carrying a new item in their inventory when the mod is removed, their inventory breaks (fixable again by reinstalling the mod and removing the 'new' items from the sim, so never permanently broken, but still annoying), even a clean save won't purge the inventories of those items.
The break can be completely prevented by storing all 'new' items in a larder, and a clean save will automatically purge the larder of all missing items. This work around obviously requires the user to remember to store them though.
I don't know the reasons behind why the personal inventories won't purge on a modless save like the larder will, but if that's at all fixable , then it's a must have for making any new items problem free on uninstallation.
...Unless your loader can already prevent that problem?
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th May 2013 at 6:39 PM
The incompatibilities with Carrigon's mod came about because of the change in game code and the mod not being updated.
Frappaccino's mod had errors in it, but works fine in conjunction with Shimrod's mod.
Shimrod's mod works exactly as he intended it to.
Mine also works fine, and since the game is never going to be updated again, no mod that alters the shopping xml should be a problem anymore.

Unfortunately, for me to be able to add the new items in to the game I need the shopping xml otherwise the new items have nowhere to spawn.
If it wasn't for this I wouldn't have bothered touching it at all, since the finding of rares etc doesn't bother me, I quite like it, gives me something to aim for.
There are no headaches with this particular xml, the only headache for me, with this mod, is in the way the personal inventories are saved, which has nothing to do with this xml, and the xml can be removed at will without causing any problems.

The problems come about when something is listed in it that can't be found, so if a name is wrong, and the game decides that the item doesn't exist then the shop breaks.
Or if you add a new item to it's relevant xml, and then later remove that item but forget to remove it from the shop, this will break the shop as well.
But both of these things are a modders error and nothing to do with how stable the use of the xml is.

As i understand.
If it so hard as i read to create a new mod like that, why not just update Carrigon's mod?
Scholar
#23 Old 20th May 2013 at 6:55 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 20th May 2013 at 7:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by math341c
As i understand.
If it so hard as i read to create a new mod like that, why not just update Carrigon's mod?

It's not that it's hard to make, it would take a while, sure, but it's not my mod, so I won't recreate someone elses, and it's not a shopping mod that I'm making anyway.
I'm not going to update Carrigon's either since that would take as long, if not longer, since all the names would have to be checked to make sure there were no inconsistencies and then all the new stuff added in, not to mention all the code added with P&N that won't be in Carrigon's. It would be much quicker to start from scratch, but again it's not my mod, so I'm not going to do that.
I was already modding the shopping xml since it's needed to work with a mod I'm working on.
I asked what you would want most, and by that I didn't mean 'everything', I'm not making a shopping mod but if I'm using the xml I'll add in a reasonable request for items you would miss most.
I've added the doomsword stuff for Darth.

The shopping xml is one of the easiest to mod, why don't you give re-creating Carrigon's mod a go yourself, but do yourself a favor and start with a fresh shopping xml.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 20th May 2013 at 7:05 PM Last edited by DeeDawg : 20th May 2013 at 8:29 PM. Reason: .
I don't know the reasons behind why the personal inventories won't purge on a modless save like the larder will, but if that's at all fixable , then it's a must have for making any new items problem free on uninstallation.
...Unless your loader can already prevent that problem?
Well, that's probably because both keep a persistable setting on their inventories, but larders validating it on initialization. I guess it could be solved by making the loader perform the same validation everytime you load a kingdom. It'll probably have an impact on performance though, so it's something that I have to play around with for some time.
Scholar
#25 Old 20th May 2013 at 7:20 PM
I dunno what Carrigon's mod actually do, but I doubt it will take a long time updating his mod. If it's really that important, provide me with a link and I'll update it.
Well, that's probably because both keep a persistable setting on their inventories, but larders validating it on initialization. I guess it could be solved by making the loader perform the same validation everytime you load a kingdom. It'll probably have an impact on performance though, so it's something that I have to play around with for some time.

You can read what Carrigon's mod did, and get V8 ( the last version of it) here:

http://www.sims2workshop.com/index....d&threadID=3425
Page 1 of 2