Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 1:15 AM
Default trying to make Equestrian Center rabbit hole rug
I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for a SIMPLE tutorial, or even better, if someone is willing to work with me via PM or Skype chat to walk me through this project.

What I am trying to do: turn one of Jynx's rabbit hole rugs into an Equestrian Center rabbit hole.

My experience with object creation: zero.

I checked out a couple of tutorials; the most pertinent one seemed to be the one by ellacharm3d.

Jynx did respond briefly and it sounded fairly simple: change the script reference in the OBJK to match that of the rabbit hole's, change the texture to add a new icon, and then run it through S3OC to give it a new object ID.

I located the equestrian center OBJK and made a couple of attempts at this but neither of them showed up in the game.

Any advice is appreciated.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Dec 2011 at 9:01 PM
Forum Resident
#3 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:01 PM
I wish I could help, that's just what I need too.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
I wish I could help, that's just what I need too.

I've seen a few of us looking for this now. It would be awesome if I could find someone to give me better instructions on how to do this myself :-/
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 8:11 PM
Hmmm...I don't know anything about object creation. This probably isn't going to be very helpful or even relevant to what you're doing, but I know that in TSRW you have to click the "Show in catalog" box to make the object show up in buy mode? I wonder if there's some kind of setting that needs to be changed in your program...then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about :P

Anyone else?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 7:59 AM
If you clone a rug it will be automatically in rugs category. And Jynx already gave you the info you need to make the object. Change script to point to the rabbithole's, change texture, and then give unique ID in s3oc. I'm sure there are tutorials for all these steps

Basically, to make above more clear:
- clone the rabbithole and copy the script reference from the OBJK
- clone the rug and paste the script reference replacing the original
- give the object the icon if you wish
- clone your created package in S3OC to give it unique ID's.
Scholar
#7 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 5:42 AM
Hexameter made one ( here http://customsims3.com/forums/thread-967.html ); perhaps she/he can offer some advice.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2012 at 3:16 AM
Thanks AMC I was just coming here to say that I have downloaded that one and it does work! ::happy dance:: The doors aren't recolorable would be my only 'complaint', but as long as I had to wait...I ain't complaining!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 1:02 AM
I'm really glad to read that it works! The way the object is made didn't allow to make it recolorable, sorry.

hexameter
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 4:05 PM
Does anyone know if this will still work with the new patch? I have it in my game and am scared to look. lol