Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 10:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Sims 3 Major Issues - Not Recognizing Anything
Hi guys, so I have made a big uhoh with my Sims game...

I've had the sims 3 for awhile now and it was working perfectly fine, but it wasn't allowing me to set my graphics as high as I wanted to, when I believed my graphics card could handle it (GeForce 920M with 2GB dedicated), so I read up about editing the Graphics card.sgr files to make it recognize my graphics card (as it was Found:1, Matched:0). It seemed to be fine, but then my game crashed and then everything was gray. It would continuously crash. So I put the old graphics card.sgr files back in, but everything was still gray. SO I tried to do the factory reset, where you remove your old Sims 3 folder from My Documents and let the game generate a new one. I did that. Then I moved my saves and mod folder back in. When I reloaded the game, it acted as if I never put those things back in. I created a sim and saved to see if it would save to the same spot, and it did. I created a whole new mods folder, how I did the very first time, and used my backup save instead. Still nothing. The game isn't recognizing anything I tamper with in my documents. I've had that save for a really long time, an I'd really like to have working mods as well. Help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
It wasn't necessary to remove your original Sims 3 user folder since the graphicscards.sgr file is located in your game folder. Sometimes we make a little booboo and when we try to correct it, it made the whole thing worse.

I suggest removing your new user folder completely and replace it with your original user folder with your mods/saves. Then try to isolate the problem with your graphicscards.sgr.

Thanks so much for your response! Yeah.. I realised that after I did it. I put the old graphicscards.sgr file back in and that has fixed the graphics issues. I tried to put my original user folder back in and remove the new one like you said, but it's still acting as if I didn't..? But if I make a new game and save it, it'll save to my original save folder. It's a big mess. Not sure what I can do short of reinstalling all of it...
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 1:27 AM
A tutorial on getting the sims 3 to recognize your graphics card by jessicama ( something like that) is what you need she tells you why it is doing that and how to get it to say found 1 matched 1 she definitely helped me