Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 2:50 AM Last edited by xsaralynvioletx : 30th Dec 2016 at 3:44 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CC Magic crashing Sims 3?? PLEASE HELP!!!!
So I have been trying to solve this issue for weeks. I had an issue where my launcher wouldn't go online. I ended up deleting sims 3 and reinstalling to find out it didn't work. I found the solution for that and once I did I would play my game and after a few saves I would get error code 12. My saves file would only have a Bad and backup file. So I change the file names and started the game again. It continued to happen. I would have maybe two or three times and eventually I get the error code 12 and I would be back to where I was two saves ago. So I deleted CC Magic. It didn't solve the saving issue. Then I moved all my CC out and got all new files and put it back into CC Magic. Now the issue I have been having for weeks is that my game crashes. I put in CC little by little and test the game for crashes. it works until I get to my last batch of CC. So I found a few files that were corrupted and removed them. Still having a crashing issue. I cannot find any files that are causing this issue. I looked through all my logs and cannot find any issue. I am at my wits end. I would really appreciate someones help!

Edit: I took everything out of CC Magic and put it back into my usual mods folder and I have no issues with the game crashing upon startup.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xsaralynvioletx
So I have been trying to solve this issue for weeks. I had an issue where my launcher wouldn't go online. I ended up deleting sims 3 and reinstalling to find out it didn't work. I found the solution for that and once I did I would play my game and after a few saves, I would get error code 12. My saves file would only have a Bad and backup file. So I change the file names and started the game again. It continued to happen. I would have maybe two or three times and eventually, I get the error code 12 and I would be back to where I was two saves ago. So I deleted CC Magic. It didn't solve the saving issue. Then I moved all my CC out and got all new files and put it back into CC Magic. Now the issue I have been having for weeks is that my game crashes. I put in CC little by little and test the game for crashes. it works until I get to my last batch of CC. So I found a few files that were corrupted and removed them. Still having a crashing issue. I cannot find any files that are causing this issue. I looked through all my logs and cannot find any issue. I am at my wit's end. I would really appreciate someones help!

Edit: I took everything out of CC Magic and put it back into my usual mods folder and I have no issues with the game crashing upon startup.

Honestly, I suspect there might be something going on with CC Magic since it gives me problems too. Now, I use CC Magic to make collection files, and that's it. I'm really anally organized and I have all my CC separated into folders according to themes: modern and industrial. victorian, rustic, bathroom and closet stuff, kitchen stuff, etc., etc., etc. In CC Magic, I just put the contents of each of my folders into collections, then clicked rebuild. Does that make sense? I'm just describing how I've got cc organized into categories and I put those categories into its own collection folder using CC Magic.

As for the cc itself, those I have merged into packages using S3PE.

CC Magic, in my opinion, isn't worth using other than to make collections. Making a collections is actually a breeze with CC Magic.

Hope this helps.