Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 11:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Pets, Supernatural
Default Problems with files
this is probably a stupid question, but i'm not the brightest bulb in the box when it comes to computers. i just finished installing the sims 3, and went to make my mods folder. i thought i had everything under control until my cc didn't show up, so i went to check what was wrong. apparently there is something wrong with my resource file and the directions to put it in my folder and make it work are confusing me to no end. could someone maybe explain what i'm supposed to do in an easier way, so i can make my mod folders work? i'm sorry if this isn't a relevant question, but i truly am confused...
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 11:51 PM
Have you tried the instructions here
Basically you download the ready made framework .zip file and place it the folder named 'The Sims 3' (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3) and when you extract the .zip, it creates the Mods folder for you. Within there is the file 'resource.cfg' and two folders called 'Packages' and 'Overrides'.

eta You would put the majority of your mods in the 'Packages' folder unless otherwise specified
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Have you tried the instructions here
Basically you download the ready made framework .zip file and place it the folder named 'The Sims 3' (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3) and when you extract the .zip, it creates the Mods folder for you. Within there is the file 'resource.cfg' and two folders called 'Packages' and 'Overrides'.

eta You would put the majority of your mods in the 'Packages' folder unless otherwise specified

it worked, thanks for the help! i downloaded the wrong resource folder, i'm glad i can have my custom content now
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 1:08 AM
No worries, glad it helped! Happy simming :D