Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 10:42 AM Last edited by aisquared : 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:57 AM.
Default Materializing Materials Fix Tool [SOLVED]
Hello. I've always wanted to download custom patterns but I'm also bothered with the "Materializing Materials" error they give when you convert them into package format (I'm no fan of Sims3Packs sorry ). And so I stumbled into this thread. It offers the manual method of fixing the said error, which I am willing to do anyway but I'm curious if there's also a program that does the same thing (because the link provided for the program in the thread isn't working anymore).

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Hello. I've always wanted to download custom patterns but I'm also bothered with the "Materializing Materials" error they give when you convert them into package format (I'm no fan of Sims3Packs sorry ). And so I stumbled into this thread. It offers the manual method of fixing the said error, which I am willing to do anyway but I'm curious if there's also a program that does the same thing (because the link provided for the program in the thread isn't working anymore). Thanks in advance

In addition to the instruction you have, have you seen the thread with suggestions by @sweetdevil Post #2 In This MTS Thread?

BTW - No need to apologize for not being a fan of 3Packs. I don't think there are too many simmers out there that enjoy the 3packs and having to deal with the Launcher. :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 3:44 PM
Oh ok. *scratches head* Thanks. I lack effort in searching hahaha. Google's not always your friend, it seems.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
BTW - No need to apologize for not being a fan of 3Packs. I don't think there are too many simmers out there that enjoy the 3packs and having to deal with the Launcher. :D

Not just the launcher, but the 0xblablahblah filenames they generate in the DCBackup folder. They freak the shit out of me. Dunno why
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Oh ok. *scratches head* Thanks. I lack effort in searching hahaha. Google's not always your friend, it seems.
Not just the launcher, but the 0xblablahblah filenames they generate in the DCBackup folder. They freak the shit out of me. Dunno why

I wouldn't use Google for anything related to this game. Every one plays differently, has specific mod and system settings and limitations. Not to mention those with illegal games or content giving advice. There is a lot of experienced players here at MTS (and where I live) that understand the game the mods and system requirements. And, lots of computer Techs who share their expertise. In all the years I've really never had to look any further.

I've learned to live with that DCBackup Folder. I just chalk that up to a necessary evil. I've got Featured items blocked but the files that just plain tick me off are those .temp files loaded into DCCcache. Those files eat RAM. Looks like another one of EA's unfinished efforts. I am assuming those files facilitate the install but there should have been some code somewhere along the line to remove the .temp files once the install was completed. Maybe I'm off base here but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :D
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 9:56 PM
Just to add, because I found this out from someone else: apparently the "Materializing Materials" error happens only to sims3pack-to-package converted patterns that are hue-recolorable only, meaning they don't have properly separated channels. I can only assume it also happens to patterns that aren't recolorable at all -- though I think in this case you can just drag the color picker around and it won't have any effect, but without blocking access to CAS.

Google is very nice when it comes to searching for obscure content. Just remember to switch the language to Russian or Chinese in the Advanced Search options

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 12:50 AM
When I don't feel like dealing with the manual way, I personally use this tool: http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2010/07/s3ce.html
You just drag and drop your sims3pack patterns onto the .exe and it'll extract the package for you.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't; I don't get the dreaded Materializing Materials error, but the patterns seem to only show one in CAP, with the others becoming clone/duds?
IDK how to explain it; like there's a file conflict if the patterns are all from the same set.
Instructor
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 1:58 AM
This may sound dumb...but..Am I supposed to take the sims3pack file use the multi installer then use the file fixer by dragging the newly created package file to the fixer? Which file to I need to use...there is a file ending with .bak do I just delete that and use the .package file?
Alchemist
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
This may sound dumb...but..Am I supposed to take the sims3pack file use the multi installer then use the file fixer by dragging the newly created package file to the fixer? Which file to I need to use...there is a file ending with .bak do I just delete that and use the .package file?

Yes to everything

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:58 AM
Tagging this thread as solved. Thanks all