Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] AnyGameStarter v. 1.6

by Numenor Posted 27th Sep 2007 at 9:41 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:08 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason:
633 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 632 Feedback Posts
Page 25 of 26
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#601 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 11:22 AM
I never graduated a sim in an AGS game, so I need you to answer to some questions

1) Does this problem happened since your first sim graduated? Or the AGS game worked fine, until "suddenly" the graduated sims started to have problems?

2) People reporting this problem to the "other sites" you mention, where using the AGS, too? Or they experienced the problem in the main game? (If you could post some links it would be greatly appreciated )

3) By chance, have you installed some hacks/mods/global replacements for your full game in other folders than the main Downloads? Namely, in the [Program Files]\EA Games folders or subfolders? Keep in mind that the AGS can exclude anything placed in the Downloads, but uses the very same game installation folders: anything installed in the Program Files will affect the AGS, too.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#602 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 8:44 PM
1. I found 2 threads last night, but now I can only find one: http://community.livejournal.com/thesims2/4532814.html (this person only has expansions up to pets... So I guess it's not an AL thing, and I doubt he/she is using AGS)

2. The only mods I have in the program files are Phaenoh's re-categorizers for objects and clothing. Everything else is in downloads, and in the AGS I have nothing.

3. It happened with the first 2 sims that graduated. As soon as I moved them back into the Legacy house their want slots were gone and LTWs different.
I've just graduated 6 more students and so far they've all kept their slots, so I don't know. Also, this glitch is happening in AGS2, I played AGS1 for weeks with tons of hacks and CC and nothing weird happened. (same with the Full game) Maybe it's just a totally weird fluke.

I had a serious lot error around the same time- a stuck fire. The butler would call the fire department every morning, but there wasn't any fire. When the Garden Club came they wouldn't inspect the garden because "you're having an emergency on this lot" so I used TestingCheatsEnabled and the error popped up and I chose "delete" Is it possible that this fire error affected my sims wants? (so strange) Thanks so much for your help, I Love the AGS- it has made playing so much fun!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#603 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 9:07 PM
I'm convinced, too, that it's just a random glitch. I know that legacy games don't allow using hacks, but the game is supposed to work fine without taking away benefits that you have legitimately deserved; I think that in this specifica case, using a hack (or the testingCheats) to restore the removed want slots should be allowed.

LOL for the message "you're having an emergency on this lot", I've never seen it

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#604 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 10:44 PM
When I open the Setup, the only EPs I can enable are the ones I currently have. How are you able to play the EPs that you don't own? I followed all the rules, did what you instructed, but it just lists the ones I have.

Thanks, if you can help. I tried looking through the pages, to see if anyone had the same problem, but there are too many pages!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#605 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 12:03 AM
What you think, that I have packed fifteen packs (EP and SP) into 1.9 Megabyte? And that MTS2 would have allowed me to post such an illegal mod here (providing that I wanted to do it)?
I'm sorry, but if you are trying to play games that you don't own, you are in the wrong place...

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#606 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hopiee24
So will you email it to me?
please?

I don't want to sound rude, but you are really tearing the words out of my mouth...

Are you crazy, or is this just a sick joke? Before you get banned (because an admin will surely do it soon), take a chance of reading the site rules:
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy in the 'Site Rules'
THE SUPER SHORT VERSION:
[...]
No Warez. Ever.

THE DETAILED VERSION:
[...]
7. No warez! At All. Ever! Mentioning it at all gets you fired out of the nearest ion cannon, never to return.

This means NO discussion of:

* No-CD Cracks - Even if you own the original game, no-cd cracks are notorious for viruses and causing game problems - just put the CD in your CD-ROM drive. Because of their association with piracy and because they cause so many problems, we do not support any discussion of using no-cd cracks here. Don't ask for them, don't provide help if someone asks, don't talk about them.
* Warez/Software Piracy - Anything relating to the downloading of cracks, serial numbers, full programs, etc., that is not in accordance with the EULA/policies/licensing of the original creator/company will not be allowed here.
[...]
The rules on MTS2 say you get banned if you talk about any of the above.

Is it clear enough, or do I need to post a picture?

Test Subject
#607 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 5:22 PM
I'm sorry--I must've skipped over it
Lab Assistant
#608 Old 19th Nov 2008 at 11:47 PM
First, let me say, this is a great program - along with all your other downloads. Definitely a fan.

However, I just downloaded this yesterday, and ran into a problem. I went in to set it up for only base and uni. I made a new neighborhood and started a lot. I saved and exited.

The problem is that when I opened up my "full" game today, no custom content showed up. My collections are back to the original way they were before I made my own. I only have some of the EP items showing up (I don't have my elevators - those come with OFB, right?). In fact, the only CC that is showing up are the lots.

I checked my Downloads folder. Everything is in check. So why this is happening? How can I get my CC back?

Was I supposed to disable something from AnyGame that I missed in the instructions?

And yes, I made sure that I enabled my CC at the beginning of the game.

I apologize in advance if I skipped over the same type of problem in an earlier post.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#609 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 12:04 AM
Will you please post here your AppFiles folder? I will check if it is due to a bad installation of the AGS, or a bug in the AGS itself, or a temporary glitch of the Full game.

Lab Assistant
#610 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 12:11 AM
I'm real sorry, Numenor, but I am kind of enept at this sort of thing, lol. How do I post my AppFiles folder here?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#611 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 12:58 AM
Go to (Documents)\AnyGameStarter, compress the entire AppFiles folder into a zip, then come back to MTS2: click the "Go Advanced" button, below, then click "Manage attachments" and upload your zip; write some words in the text area and click "Submit reply". No need to rush, anyway: I'm going to bed -
I will download your zip tomorrow.

Lab Assistant
#612 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 1:45 AM
Hey, thanks. I won't be able to do it tonight, either, lol. But I'll do it as soon as I can.
Alchemist
#613 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 8:02 AM
Default Flickering
Hi Numenor
I just downloaded anygame starter which is a fantastic idea! But everytime I go in a get flickering and when I go to buld things it disappears until I click on something else. Have included a short vid so you can get the idea.

Wel i think Ive attached it hope I have!!!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  movie001.zip (235.4 KB, 1 downloads)

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#614 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 9:14 AM
Thanks for the video: without it, I could not understand what is the "flickering" you talk about. I've never seen that "flickering" and I have no idea what can cause it. Nevertheless, I'm quite sure it can't be caused by the AGS itself: the AGS uses the game engine, the very same used by the full game; I think that the same problem affects the full game, too, doesn't it?

Lab Assistant
#615 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 2:06 PM
Hey, Numenor. I feel silly almost asking the Modfather such a simple question. But I get four options when I go to "zip" the file folder:

a) Add to archive...
b) Add to "AppFiles.rar"
c) Compress and email...
d) Compress to "AppFiles.rar" and email

I think I choose the first one, right? Then just choose "ZIP" as the archive format? Is this correct?

I have never done this before and kind of need to be walked through it, but there's always a first time for everything and I really appreciate all your help and patience.

I did delete my cache files just in case.

One more question: I also have an icon labeled "The Sims 2 - AnyGame1 folder" in the EA Games folder in Documents. Its right under "The Sims 2" folder. And I have an file in the "Sims 2" folder labeled, "Full Game.id". This is normal, right? Maybe you covered this before and I'm just blind and didn't see you cover that.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (61.7 KB, 0 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#616 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 3:46 PM
Okay, here it is. I just made a copy of it and then zipped it just as a test. Hope this works.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AppFiles.zip (61.7 KB, 0 downloads)
Alchemist
#617 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 6:53 PM
Yes it has happened with my game before and only when I've left my game up and flicked over to the internet. I wondered if this does it all the time as it the ags comes as a smaller window but I really don't see why it would. I will uninstall and install again this time using the wide screen window and see if that makes a difference.

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Alchemist
#618 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 7:17 PM
Well that seemed to fix it but I dont see why! Anyway its fantastic and thankyou!

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#619 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 11:36 AM
ekrubynaffit - I'm glad your game auto-fixed itself

Kinnika - Your Appfiles is in perfect order, there's nothing wrong with it. In order to restore your game, try this:
  • Go to your AppFiles and double-click on the file "Sims2_Full.reg"; confirm the operation when requested.
  • Restart Windows; some people needed to restart it twice in order for Windows to correctly read the right path to the Documents folder.
  • Using the "My Computer" icon, browse to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\N.....\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2: you should find:
    • the small file that you mentioned, "Full_Game.id" (it's perfectly fine to have it there: the AGS recognize the full game by that file);
    • one or more shortcuts to the various AnyGame folders (these shortcuts are installed by the AGS with the mini-games, and are removed when you uninstall a mini.game: they are OK);
    • a Downloads folder with all your downloaded stuff;
    • a huge Neighborhood folders containing all your neighborhoods (N001, N002, N003 etc).
  • If everything is fine, start the full game and see if the problem is fixed.

Test Subject
#620 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 10:53 PM
Hi Numenor. The anygame starter does not work for me. I tried playing it with freetime although I have apartment life and then I got the error that it is the wrong game I should rather play apartment life. I think this might be a Windows Vista issue.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DxDiag.zip (7.3 KB, 0 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#621 Old 22nd Nov 2008 at 3:58 PM
Numenor, not only are you a modfather, but you're also a superhero!

Everything is in check. Thanks so much.

By the way - can I request another mod...?

Just messing with you, lol.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
#622 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 9:40 PM
Default Can't use Swedish
This is a great tool. Much easier than cranking up my old PC and installing random selections of EPs and SPs to recreate testing environments.

I have recently been adding translated strings to my object and until now had been taking it on trust that they worked since I didn't have an installation in anything other than English. I decided to try out the different language option in AGS. I happened to pick Swedish since that was one of the new translations just added to my object. I installed a Base only, mini-game with Swedish as the language, ran it, and it came up all in English.

Before posting here I decided to try other languages first, and discovered that it was only a problem with Swedish and not with any of the others (what are the chances?).

I attach my AppFiles (AnyGame2 is the game in question) and also I noticed that the pop-up when you hover over the shortcut shows no language (so assuming the fact it is using English is somehow taken from the default on my machine).

Other than this slightly odd anomolly I have seen no issues when using AGS. But thought I ought to report this one.

Cheers
Mog
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AppFiles.rar (75.9 KB, 0 downloads)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#623 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 2:34 PM
mcrudd, and anyone experiencing the "wrong disk" error: please hold on, the new AGS version will have an additional option to be activated when the standard installation is affected by the "wrong disk" error. It's not my fault: it's Windows that reacts differently (probably depending on the version) to the "wait" command.

MogHughson - Thanks for reporting! I'd never have thought of testing the Swedish language (I tested even the Japanese! ). Let me check your AppFiles and the AGS code.

Test Subject
#624 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 6:11 PM
Thanks so much Numenor. I will wait for the new version. Windows vista is such a pain, but I am superglad you can bypass it :D
Instructor
#625 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 1:09 AM
Hi, I just d/led and installed your AGS for up to AL and decided to start back at Univ for some testing of something, but it crashes very shortly after the splash screen. It doesn't even get to the string texts. Thanks!
Closed Thread
Page 25 of 26