Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:51 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jul 2019 at 3:13 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhood/lot questions
I'm not entirely sure I've gotten this right, but is it true that you can use a cleaned-up lot from the Neighborhood folders as a lot template for the Lot bin without having to package the lot first?

If so, if I want to convert a cleaned (with CH's lot cleaning tool) lot into the lot bin, would it be enough to move it from the Neighborhood Lot folder to the LotCatalog folder and changing the filename to the next number up (for instance from N001_Lot89 to cx_00000162), or would I have to do something else to the lot file to make this work?

Just wondering, because I really want to start a neighborhood over, and I'm not certain I have access to the actual ingame neighborhood for packaging, and I don't think I have packaged all the lots. I also don't want to do anything obviously stupid...

Also, am I assuming right that as long as you have all the required CC for that lot, it will display all the CC correctly? I've never tried this before, so I honestly don't know how it'll work.

I do have a few of the lots packaged, and I also have several backups of the original but very messy neighborhood (and I have a clean install with a bit of testing done, so if I screw that saved game up it's no big deal - I'm considering to use clean no-Townie templates for the actual project, to ease the load off the game). Those lots aren't properly cleaned up though, so they may still have sim references and such (yes, I packaged with sims on the lot, because there was no other way of doing it at the time, and backed up before messign around - but I did install them to a test hood and repackaged, possibly cleaned up a bit, so they may still be workable).

I'm considering using a different neighborhood template without any water, because I've preciously used the Pleasantville Hood (the hood is ia giant mess to be honest, and probably filled with invisible bugs and a lot of redundant sims and occupied lots, so I'd really like to start fresh), and since I've got potential pink-flashing problems, I thought it best to get rid of the water to again ease up the load on the game. I'm not sure if the lots in the lot bin have some sort of placement issues if they're not in their native Hood (it's just Residential lots, no Beach- or Apartment lots, and I think all of them are flat) so if that could create a problem with the cleaned lots, I'd like to know.

I have properly extracted/cloned versions of the most important sims, so that part shouldn't be a problem (not the least bit worried about relationships and memories missing or needing fixing, because if it can't be done in CAS, I'm not interested, since the sims I use are more like actors anyway - they get regular family ties, and that's it).
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 2:55 PM
It should work. You can always do it that way and place it in a temp hood, then package it from there if you want. But I think it's not necessary, especially if you cleaned it already.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
It should work. You can always do it that way and place it in a temp hood, then package it from there if you want. But I think it's not necessary, especially if you cleaned it already.

I would still put it in a temp hood and clean it again then package it up.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I would still put it in a temp hood and clean it again then package it up.

I guess it's probably a good idea, just to be 100% safe.