Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 12:38 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2
Default Is It Safe to Empty Out Saved Sims Folder?
Hi Everyone,

I have a lot of unwanted/unidentified/duplicate sims in my saved sims folder and I'm trying to find out if it's safe to delete them from the folder. Whenever I go into bodyshop, there are just so many sims in the bin that I don't even recognize that it makes it hard to find anything I want. I've been searching for an answer online for a while, but was unable to find one. I was hoping, since this forum seems super knowledgeable, that someone here would be able to help. I'm super wary of borking my game, so I want to be double sure before I do anything stupid (my 7 year old neighborhoods are already teetery enough as it is).

Any help/advice would be super, super appreciated!

Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 2:06 AM
It's perfectly safe. You can delete the files, rename them (not sure about sim files, but I'd think so - they're the 8x8 random digit files, something like "5fe638f0_5f730fd5.package"), or move them to Downloads - They're basically just stuff you've made in Bodyshop (or downloaded and put there, or it's been put there by a Sims2Pack file).

SavedSims is basically the game's version of a Bodyshop Downloads folder for CAS/Bodyshop content. Anything from the SavedSims folder can be put into the Downloads folder (but not always the other way around, and too many files in this folder can in some cases cause the game to act a bit weird).
Forum Resident
#3 Old 5th Aug 2019 at 5:43 AM
Absolutely. You can delete any Sims in the Saved Sims folder. For my game, I found that scrolling through too many Saved Sims in Bodyshop would end up crashing my BodyShop. So I now try to keep less than 15 or so custom Sims in there to use as templates when making new Sims via CAS/BS. Although I haven't re-tested that crashing since I made my BodyShop.exe large address space aware either. (Like the 4GB patch except for BodyShop.) But the Sims in Saved Sims aren't in the game so there's no harm in deleting them.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2019 at 9:58 PM
Awesome! Thank you!