Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 1:06 PM
Default Sims 3 Custom Content (Help Please!)
Hello i'm trying to make custom content for the sims 3 (clothes) I used TSR workshop I have watched plenty of videos but there is something I do not understand..
So what I don't understand is where to get the textures/meshes for making the clothes

(Sorry if you didn't really understand what I am asking)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 1:19 PM
A mesh is the 3D shape of the clothes. For that, it's best to start with retexturing something like a tank top, bra, panties, etc. - something where you can change the texture for interesting effect, but you don't have to modify the 3D shape to make something very different. When you make a new clothing project in TSRW, what you'll be choosing is the mesh you want to base your project on - so if you want a long-sleeve shirt, you need to choose something that already is shaped like a long-sleeve shirt, etc., as you won't be able to trim off/lengthen/modify the 3D shape without changing the mesh, and that's usually something more advanced, once you're comfortable with the texturing parts.

You can get textures from other EA items - if you see some interesting pleats or folds or pockets or whatever on one thing, you can copy them to your project. You can also use bits of images - either taking photos or using pictures like from a clothing site...or draw your own.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:40 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 7:08 PM
answer to your problems!

[QUOTE=LorrisaBear]Hello i'm trying to make custom content for the sims 3 (clothes) I used TSR workshop I have watched plenty of videos but there is something I do not understand..
So what I don't understand is where to get the textures/meshes for making the clothes

(Sorry if you didn't really understand what I am asking)[/QUOTE

there is this special program which is completly free no virus no surveys no nothing just be careful because this might not be the same in your game the program is called custom content maker sufx hope you enjoy you might not find it because it is really rear :p