Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 8:42 AM
Default Adding a glow to custom eyes?
Is it possible to add a glow to custom eyes? All I've found is a reference to it being a lighting effect, but I don't know how to enable it.

Resident wet blanket.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:33 PM
a glow like there is arround lamps?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 4:21 PM
The vampire eyes glow, I think, maybe check those, see how they do.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 5:29 PM
Yes, like vampire eyes. I have no idea how they are done.

Resident wet blanket.
Mother Function
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 12:56 AM
It has something to do with the mesh shader. Clone the vampire eyes in TSRW (if you can) and then see what shader it uses.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 6:26 AM
I'm not finding it in TSRW. I looked under Makeup/Facial overlay and Accessories. Am I looking in the wrong places?

Resident wet blanket.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2013 at 9:36 PM
i looked with S3OC and tsrw, can not find anything related either.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 5:00 PM Last edited by GnatGoSplat : 10th Sep 2014 at 5:00 PM.
Almost 2yrs later, I've got Into The Future now and having fun making plumbdroids and cyborgs, but they're missing that one thing - glowing eyes.

I've made a small handful of custom eyes that are categorized as Full Face Makeup. Can I make those glow somehow? I've noticed some of the Into The Future accessories like bracelets and watches have a glow. Could a similar method be applied to custom eyes?
I think the eyes added onto plumbot heads also seem to have a glow. I've looked through the package file from ITF, but I'm not really seeing how glow is applied to something.

UPDATE: Found the answer. Need to use scripting to apply a visual override to the sim. I used the Werewolf override because that only affects eyes and not skin like the vampire override. The result: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=532502.

Resident wet blanket.