Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 10:48 PM Last edited by OhMini : 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:42 AM.
Default Freezing
My game starts fine and as soon as I click “create a monarch” and see the screen for “entering create a sim” it just stops responding and wont go any further. My PC can handle alot of other games that are alot more demanding than this one so I know for sure it's know my computer it also used to work until I patched it up to the newest patch so i almost think it's something that has to do with the new patch although I haven't coming a cross anyone else with this problem so.. yeah im a bit confused and annoyed over it not working.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 10:52 PM
When you tab out of it, do you see a box pop up saying 'The game is crashed. The application will now terminate'?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 11:25 PM
No have to force quite the game it just freezes and stop loading and nothing at all is happening.
I have try let it be on for over a hour but nothing change, I have reinstalled it and removed everything with the game and it still didn't work.
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:16 AM
a terabyte of ram? you from 2150 or something?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 1:38 AM
Sorry didn't mean terabyte i got a bit lost in space i think cuz my brain stop working and i all of sudden couldn't count xD
I got like around 170-190GB it's there my brain stop working i all of sudden though i got to a terabyte after 199 so im sorry for being abit of lost in space and stupid. xD
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 3:06 AM
Maybe you're thinking of your hard drive space, rather than RAM? Hardly anybody has (or needs) more than 8 GB or so of RAM these days.

With games, the video card driver is usually the first suspect. I would make sure you have the latest driver for your card, as the first thing to try

If that doesn't work, you might want to post your full system specs.
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 9:36 AM
Do you have Pirates/Nobles expansion?

Because I had this issue with my game, after I installed 2.0 patch, before I got the expansion. Create a Sim would just load indefinintely, buildings would not load, couldn't pick a randomly created sim, would just act like I didn't do anything.

But after I got the expansion, everything works perfectly fine now.

Hopefully this will help, because I was pretty confused as to what was wrong as well. Till I realized I wasn't the only one with this issue.

If you want to play without the expansion, probably easier to get 1.3 patch or whatever was prior to the 2.0 patch.