Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 10:53 PM
Default Updating to Pirates and Nobles
Anyone else having problems? When I first installed PaN the game crashed after the intro, apparently because of a bad dll. The problem occurred after installing PaN, before I had no problems at all, besides obligatory crashings after achieving something significant without saving.

I ended up reinstalling everything (I figured what the heck, I already completed all the ambitions anyway so I'll actually have some goals again.) and now everything works fine.

Except that the mods I had won't work. I miss having the jonha sliders so much that I will probably cry myself to sleep tonight. I wonder if I've just been dumb and done something wrong or are other people having this problem.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 11:15 PM
I also had to install my Pirates and Nobles pack twice. The first time I installed it, it didn't crash but it would not go past the loading screen.
So I uninstalled the base game and reinstalled them both. Downloaded most of my favorite mods again, and made sure they were compatible with 2.0.
All Shimrod's are. Some others aren't updated yet so I am not very happy about that...lol. After all that no more installing or freezing problems.
I was just decorating my reception hall though and the game just poofed as I was placing a rug on the floor.
I just opened it back up again and now the hall isn't even clickable to walk in and look at let alone finish decorating.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 9:03 AM
Okay, this has gotten even more interesting... None of the Pirates and Nobles content shows up. I started a kingdom and completed the tutorial with the queen to get it over with and that went just fine, but now when I start the game None of the PaN clothes show up and her head in the actions menu is bald. Make-up in create a sim is there and it shows normally in game.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 10:20 AM
Oh wow! So let me get this straight. No pack items like the interrogation chair, or throne with skulls or even the bird perches show up?
The P+N hair shows up bald and the eyeliner just shows up as no liner in the game?
Those are some serious glitches! I can't even begin to help you but I wish I could.
Going to uninstall P+N again and give it another go at a fresh install? Maybe some important files lost or deleted.