Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 12:01 PM
Default Roadless Neighborhood with Lots
Hi,

Is it possible to create roadless neighborhoods?
Because I want to rebuild all Felicity Island lots in Sims 2. (Felicity Island is a neighborhood which ship with Sims Castaway Stories)

If yes, how can I send my sims to work/school if they live on a roadless lot?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:25 PM
I can think of a couple of options:
- Start with a neighborhood with roads, place all lots, remove all roads from the neighborhood using the HoodReplace program and remove all roads from the lots using the LotAdjuster.
- Start with a neighborhood with no roads. Add the Lot Description records to your neighborhood manually and add the lots to your Lots subfolder.

Sims can walk to a lot if you have ... Bon Voyage ? ... or later. If you don't have that feature, then you'll have problems without vehicles.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 4:55 PM
Ok thank you. I'll give it a try.

But I have a question.
Will the sims return from work?

And how about alien abduction? Are there any abductions on roadless lots?

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2014 at 10:49 PM
The sims come and go via the portals which isn't part of the road even though many are on the road. Sims walking off and onto the lot use one of the two portals at the end of the path. The portal revealer will show you where the portals are. http://modthesims.info/d/251392

Another option would be a dirt road replacement and a no traffic mod. That would affect every hood though. I myself simply delete the road in front of the lots on my island, and hide the road next to the lot with rocks and shrubs. After deleting the footpath I check with the portal revealer to make sure the portals are still there as they can be accidentally deleted with move objects. Then I use some terrain paint where the footpath was to make a dirt track.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 11:38 AM
Can I delete the Portal Revealer after placing it?

My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 11:46 AM
Yes, just pick it up and delete it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 11:52 AM
Thank I'll give it a try.

Does it also allow abductions? Because I love sims with green skins.

My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 12:10 PM
I have no idea about that, the portal revealer just shows you were the portals are. Not sure if there is one for alien abductions. Mootilda will know I'm sure.

~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 1:43 PM
I tried it.
I created two roadless lots... (One with and one without the car portrals)

Sims can get abducted by aliens and they also return home if didn't delete the car portrals.
However, if you delete the car portrals he/she won't return. You'll end up like Bella Goth who never returned home after alien abduction.

Anyway, it's not a good idea to delete the car portrals using the portal revealer...it also causes other issues like never returning sims from work or hired maids don't show up etc.

My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 2:12 PM
I wouldn't delete any of them, I just use it to make sure I haven't accidentally deleted any when I delete road and footpath.

~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Apr 2014 at 6:01 PM
Thank you for your answers.

Anyway, I wanted to start with the first lot (Village Market ) but I noticed that the lot was built on a 70x70 lot.

As far as I know, TS2 only allows lot sizes up to 60x60 but not more.
How can I create a 70x70 lot in TS2?

Can it be done? Maybe if I use the LotAdjuster?

My Simblr
Site Helper
#12 Old 25th Apr 2014 at 12:38 AM
You can't. The maximum lot size in Castaway Stories is 100 x 100, but the maximum lot size in Sims 2 is 60 x 60. There is no way around this restriction.

One possibility is to split the lot into two separate lots.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 7:36 AM
Ok, I'll create a shrunken version of that house.
Anyway, can I copy the neighborhood terrain from Felicity Island and import it to TS2?

My Simblr
Site Helper
#14 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 5:09 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 26th Apr 2014 at 5:42 PM.
Perhaps. Neighborhoods are larger in Castaway Stories than in Sims 2. HoodReplace should be able to shrink the CS terrain or choose a portion of it. However, you will not be able to use the full-sized CS terrain, unless you create a primary neighborhood with one quarter of the terrain and subhoods with the other quarters and swap between them.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 9:01 PM
I'm getting this pop-up if I want to continue in HoodReplace.

I'm not sure what I have to do next.
Can you help me?
I created a new 'hood along with 3 subhoods.
Screenshots

My Simblr
Site Helper
#16 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 10:19 PM
Choosing "Resize to fit" will shrink the terrain. Otherwise, choose the top and left values for the portion of the terrain that you want. My guess is you'll want {0,0}, {0, 64}, {64,0}, and {64, 64}, but you may have to fool around with the values to find out which portion of the terrain you'll actually get (since it's not always obvious where top = 0, left = 0 is. If I remember correctly, CS terrains are 128x128 and TS2 terrains are 64x64.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 8:56 AM
I did it but I'm not happy with it. (Because of the camera)
I'm going to create a new neighborhood without subhoods and choose the "Resize to fit" button.

I decided to create a shrunken version of Felicity Island but I have a question, have I to shrink every lot? Because they won't t fit in the new shrunken neighborhood terrain. (Especially, beach lots...)
Speaking of beach lots, how can I create "CS-style" beach lots in TS2?

My Simblr
Site Helper
#18 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I decided to create a shrunken version of Felicity Island but I have a question, have I to shrink every lot? Because they won't t fit in the new shrunken neighborhood terrain. (Especially, beach lots...)
Sorry, I can't help you there. I assume that you'll just have to create lots which approximate the existing lots, but are smaller.
Speaking of beach lots, how can I create "CS-style" beach lots in TS2?
Rather than using the TS2 beach lots, you can expand a lot into the water using the LotAdjuster, which will produce more natural looking water edges (similar to what plasticbox did with the Elsewhere hood). Of course, you'll have to provide swimming, sand activities, etc. using special build techniques and mods, since these activities are not included with TS2 non-beach lots.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 11:38 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 30th Jan 2022 at 9:03 PM.
Ok thank you for your answer. ^^

But I have a question, there is a option in LotAdjuster for changing the lot into a beach lot.
What would happen if I change it into a beach lot?

Because I want to change those seaside lots into beach lots.
I really hate TS2 beach lots because of they always have the same backyard.

My Simblr
Site Helper
#20 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 11:56 PM
But I have a question, there is a option in LotAdjuster for changing the lot into a beach lot.
What would happen if I change it into a beach lot?
The best way to understand what happens is to try it and see.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 8:44 PM
I noticed that EA created special invisible "ladders" for beach lots.
How can I add these into normal lots?
Or to lots which have been converted to beach lots in LotAdjuster?

My Simblr
Site Helper
#22 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 10:23 PM
"Ladders"? Do you mean the beach portals? Inge Jones has buyable beach portals included with her Portal Revealer download.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 12:09 PM
Yes, I meant those.
I'm sorry that I wasn't clear enough...

My Simblr