Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 12:57 PM
Color Options of objects turned suddenly into blinking blue textures?
I searched a lot here in the forum and in web generally for tutorials or help, but couldnt find help. I am not that good in recoloring objects I just used the objects workshop from SimPe. I often used it and it did work, also for the CEP-Objects. But now suddenly some of my own and other textures turn into blue blinking ones in the game.

Can anyone help with this, I have certain ideas but cant prove or change anything: I heard that certain objects are limited to a special amount of color options, so if u have more they display in an odd way.

Or it depends on the Object and one has to consider certain things.

Or the guid generator of object workshop generates double guids.

Or The textures arent connected properly to the original object.

I also heard that many texture problems could be solved when cloning originals and linking cloned and original one. But I dont know how it works and IF it works.

Sort of confusing here. Maybe it would be a great help when somebody would make detailed Tutorials and Tips&Tricks on a structured website, because its quite difficult to find something useful and not filled with other remarks in a forum.

Be patient with me I am a computational science student and quite "fastidious" concerning good tutorials and instructions. :blah: :blah: :blah: :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:09 PM Last edited by RGiles : 8th Feb 2005 at 1:20 PM. Reason: email address removed
Got an idea concerning Tutorials: I have free webspace at my University account, maybe we could start collecting good tutorials there.

If anyone would like to summarize the information in this forum and write good structured tutorials/tips&tricks/FAQ I would overlook all of them and add them to this site. AND IT WILL BE FREE: everyone can use this site: ok depending on the traffic (I have a limit I guess). But that limit shouldnt be a problem.

So if anyone is interested in that send me your works with your name if its important for u who worked it out.

My Mail: PLEASE ADD IN THE SUBJECT FIELD A NOTE LIKE "Tutorials Sims2 Forum" : <email address deleted - RG>

GERMAN and ENGLISH works are welcome, anything else I cant translate unless its LATIN.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#3 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:28 PM
Heya LexisAtNexus.

The admin prefers that people keep email addresses out of their posts. If anyone wants to contact you about this they are free to do it by PM, or using your email link in your profile if you have it enabled.

We do have a grwing Tutorial section on this site, so I don't see the point of making a separate site for them. However if you want to do it, it's no harm either. The more tutorials that are out there, the better it will be for everyone, just as long as we can actually find them.

I suggest you try the "Fix Integrity" option in the latest SimPE version (Plugins menu). It should correct any bad links to textures, and will also make the recolor packages ready for the EP. All old recolors need to go through this process before the EP is released anyway. It is possible that you have 2 recolor packages where the filename hash is the same, so the packages conflict.

A tutorial for the Fix Integrity plugin is here: http://sims.ambertation.de/fix.shtml

RG
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 2:09 PM
Wow fast answer, the thing with the email adress I wasnt sure about, sorry.

Thanks for the help I try that out.

Tutorials: Do u mean the tutorial section in the forum? If so, as I said I mean Tutorials without interupting questions/comments from others and also structured in a forum u often have the problem of duplicate Threads, Nonsense Threads or incomplete ones, thats a problem of Forum-Tuts, I meant Tutorials that are not in Thread-Form.

Therefor I thought it a good idea.
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 3:30 PM
i've tried it out but it doesn't seem to work.

perhaps it's a problem on my side, but i followed the tutorial instructions and "fix integrity"-ed the recolors (the set of 28 goth paintings, file name "gothsetpntx" where x is the number of the painting...)

maybe my problem isn't the same though. mine is that the CEP paintings i have don't show up properly in buy menu and in-game - the area where the picture is supposed to be is a plain blue.

i'm going to search to check if anyone else is having the same problem now.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 3:40 PM
With my textures it DID work hurrayyyyyy. Does anyone know how to find out which file to open when finding a recolor in sims2 u want to alter?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 3:41 PM
well plain blue was also my problem before u should try out the other things rgiles mentioned
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 3:43 PM
Went thru this last night. Go here.http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=43714
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 12:09 PM
Your problem comes when the matd of a mentionned object parts in shape is not exist or incorrectly named....