New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 11:43 AM
Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 8594 times.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:46 PM
Default Tutorial:Simple Mesh Replacement in Blender
Beginner tutorial on replacing meshes in Blender:

Tutorial:Simple Mesh Replacement In Blender

Please post any questions and comments in this thread.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| ( ◡)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 3:17 AM
I have a question ^_^! So I'm pretty familiar with key commands on Blend (I make poses there ^_^/) But.. I'm trying to get either some form of Help or find some kind of tutorial that can help me better understand Hair Meshing there. I actually JUST downloaded YOUR 3D GEOM plug-in thingies ( http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments ), but I wanted to try and either read/watch something on the subject of which I'm trying to learn a bit. I caught a blender hair tutorial (But its not for Sims 3, its basically in general, and I don't know for sure if that technique will work for TS3.) The link to the video is down below, and I was wonder.. If there is such a way to receive some help. HECK! We need more blender Tutorials ^_^! Idk why there aren't any and Blender is like... 100% EASIER to understand than Milkshape (all that turning and forth box always flipping on you and crap >_<! ... Yes, i have Milkshape as well, but I PREFER blender ._.)

Hair Technique I've been watching:
http://vimeo.com/10224052
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 9:21 PM
Heya,
I'm trying to learn how to work with blender and the other programs, but I'm stuck on step 4 of your tutorial. It appears I don't have a IMG named dropshadow_object_, I only have the clutter IMG(I have the name and tag boxes checked). And when I continued without the dropshadow_object_, I get stuck on step 6 , when the 3d image of the tissuebox won't show up. Can you help me out?
Thanks!
Puffin McMuffin
staff: administrator
#4 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 10:38 AM
@rosydear, it seems that you skipped a step there, or it wasn't really explained well in the tutorial, but at the part where you need to export your IMG_ files in S3PE make sure you export ALL IMG_ files. I hope this will help you through. ^-^
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2016 at 4:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenplumbbob
@rosydear, it seems that you skipped a step there, or it wasn't really explained well in the tutorial, but at the part where you need to export your IMG_ files in S3PE make sure you export ALL IMG_ files. I hope this will help you through. ^-^

Thanks! I've given up on trying to make meshes myself though, so it seems I am at your mercy for awesome meshes But thanks anyway, If I ever decide to try again I will try this!