Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#26 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:14 PM
Quote:
due to first gen over population (siblings each having 6 kids) I'm finding it hard to get past the 1st generation so I'm having an issue with properly playing the game

Oh, I've had that happen to me more than once! It always happens when there are a lot of Sims in the household; things just get too overwhelming. I just finally had to buckle down and go through several hours of fairly grueling play to get some of them to where they could move out. What happened, is it was in a Legacy family where the mom wanted to have 10 kids so I decided to let her do it. NEVER again will any of my Sims have more than four kids!

In my current Legacy style family, I decided to basically come up with my own challenge type thing, and one of my rules is that each generation can have one pregnancy, and only one, and however many kids they get in that pregnancy choosing "random" with TwoJeff's quad hack is the amount they are allowed to have, period.

I'm just getting ready to get generation 2 underway as the three daughters all just graduated college, so have moved the two extra girls into houses of their own where they'll probably mainly just sit for a while. I haven't figured out exactly how much I'll play them yet, but they will probably die of old age about the same time the second-gen heir dies of old age just to try to keep things in sync a bit.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 31st May 2009 at 4:56 AM
I had this one family that I was just playing for the heck of it without any rules(I typically just play one family for generations til in get bored) and I got to generation 5 which is my record for longest generation. Then they got destroyed. I will never again make the mistake of quiting the game while moving a lot to the lot bin.
Theorist
#28 Old 31st May 2009 at 5:44 PM
Oh, EmilyJud, I feel for you! My original Legacy family was lost due to me making some really stupid mistakes in that neighborhood AND the game spontaneously generating over 100 gardeners. I was on generation six with that family and I've never quite gotten over it.
Test Subject
#29 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:22 PM
I usually just kill them. If I don't, I make them into a supernatural Sim, so they won't get boring.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 10:47 PM
I play every person in my family. I'm only currently playing with one family, but I play every sim in the family and I try to keep their ages correct. I have a legacy but its not the "legacy challenge". Just the same family through the generations. And I limit each sim to 1 or 2 kids per family.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:29 AM
I think in the sims 3 if I decide to do a legacy thing than I might make it like China where each family can only have one kid. I just realized that they will all age together in the sims 3 (which I am getting tomorrow) anyways so I won't have to play them so it won't matter anyway's! Duh! Cause what I usually do is I just take the oldest sim and move them out and play them while completly forgetting about their parents. For example: I had this one family, the Bellini family, and if you looked at their family tree, their great-grandparents brother was still a toddler. THat SO couldn't happen in real life. But in the sims 3 I don't have to worry about that happening. Yeah sims 3!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 3:54 AM
As much as I'd love to say that each of my non-heirs have equally interesting lives as their sibs in the main house..... I can't. With the exception of a few specials simmies, all of my spares end up either deleted or sitting in the simbin for the rest of eternity.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:40 PM
This has been a problem for me because I love big families and as I move kids out and into their own homes I've been rotating play throughout the neighborhood. Usually I'd do a season with each family in order to keep their ages in synch. But there are soooo many of them it means I'm still on the same generation. So my new plan is to cheat. I'll move the non-heirs out and into their own homes and give them a phone and the aging cheat plant hack. Then I'll just 'drop in' periodically and age them up. I figure this will maintain relationships, keep them in synch with their family and still let me focus on the legacy family so I can get past generation 3. I'd like to figure out a way to collect their tombstones when they die so I can have a big family graveyard.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:09 PM
I always let the others die when they still are kids, so one survives with one of the parents. perhaps a little bit hard but i also think it looks interesting in the bloodline thing if you see young people who died.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 4:14 AM
my spare heir's unfortunately end up living a boring life.

Most times they will just stay in the legacy house with there parents,Sometimes I'll marry them off I rarely make them have kids.If I don't like them I'll just kill them off if there boring.
Inventor
#36 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:24 AM
i "cheat" them up a partner and some children just before i move them out and then never play them until my heir's changed age or there kids are grown up and i make there kids the same age so it seems like they've acctually been moving on too
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:29 AM
Yeah, Charliechan? don't delete sims from the family bin. It messes lots of things up, like sims that knew that sim will have disorted memories, and it could make an entire lot (or even neighbourhood, if you really mess up) unplayable.
Rainy

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
Page 2 of 2