Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1926 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 2:04 AM
Start to modify your speech around other simmers phrases. Not to blend in but to stand out.

I called my sibling a crumplebut when I was annoyed with them, at least three times.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1927 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 2:53 AM
When the things you have done already, become things you don't remember doing.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Top Secret Researcher
#1928 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:28 AM
When you learn about tiny houses and immediately think of 1x1 lots.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#1929 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 4:51 AM
When you come across an unusual name and wonder what sort of Sim you could make with that name.
Mad Poster
#1930 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You see spam in your filter that says something about sharing skin secrets and wonder: "Why would anyone send me that? I don't make CC!"

I get penis enlargement ads and I don't have a penis lol.
Scholar
#1931 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 5:51 PM Last edited by Freefalldreams : 4th Sep 2015 at 7:35 PM.
When upon acquiring two hackysacks, you are seized with a strong desire to propose a game of kicky bag to acquaintances in the hallway while waiting for class to start. (I'd never actually seen real kicky bags until I won a pair at the beginning-of-semester carnival, and later that day, I was so tempted to pull one out of my bag and suggest a game. I resisted, however...and a good thing, as I know I already come across as childishly immature among my classmates. Not many grad students even attended the carnival, though I wouldn't think of missing it!)

When you're disappointed that your school's mascot doesn't cheer people on for random stuff. (Same carnival. All the mascot did was pose for goofy pictures -- on an exercise bike, in a tent, in the money-storm machine, with a pack of sorority girls --and wave at people.)

When your Sims retaliate for not being played for a while by invading the real world in your dreams. Montys and Capps, you did not have to start a crime war in my city, and Dora Ottomas Prince didn't need to move in next door to me and set the whole block on fire. Although getting rescued from the fire by Paris Prince was not bad...I remember he was wondering how the fire got from Dora's lot to mine, and I pointed out that we weren't getting loading screens from walking down the street. Thus replied Paris: "What are loading screens?" But then bad stuff happened to him, and the dream was not nice at all...
Link Ninja
#1932 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 6:08 PM
When the only way you can relate to conversations about friend's new born babies while not having any children of your own - you use Sims 2 as a reference.

"Your child only needs fed, changed, and sleep - that's all they need in sims. They are easier to take care of than toddlers"

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#1933 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 10:01 PM
You've been playing The Sims 2 too much when:

- You type "moveobjects.info" instead of "modthesims.info";
- You heard about modcloth.com and thought "You're modding clothes?";
- You do your homework and think "Great! A+ for me!";
- You start looking in the newspaper for a job opening in Crime;
- You start stomping your feet because someone decided to lock the door;
- You are on vacation and start building the hotel in your mind, and creating all those CC walls and floors - with no 20 minutes wait for HomeCrafter!;
- You can't help but smile when someone says "Woohoo!" - yes Sabrina Spellman I'm looking at you ;
- You go Downtown and wonder why aren't there any slobs or Mr. Big/The Diva.
Mad Poster
#1934 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 6:13 PM
You forget it's not winter in real life, after playing a winter rotation (or even just a household that has snow).

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#1935 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
You forget it's not winter in real life, after playing a winter rotation (or even just a household that has snow).

I have a friend that's so used to me making a note of when the next season starts in our text conversations that she doesn't even miss a beat when I casually mention that "spring starts on Tuesday"
Top Secret Researcher
#1936 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 9:08 PM
You think to yourself, "People often say they want to live forever, yet actual immortality is filled with problems. Perhaps what they need is simply a double lifespan mod."

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Test Subject
#1937 Old 7th Sep 2015 at 8:41 AM
When I suddenly forget something I'm supposed to do/say (walked in a room and forget what you have to do in there), I always think that someone must've cancelled the action hahaha
Scholar
#1938 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 4:39 PM
Your new internet-linkable landline phone's SIM loading feature doesn't work (had the wrong size of SIM) and you briefly wonder if the manufacturer meant it was for downloading custom Sims off the World Wide Web...
Top Secret Researcher
#1939 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 4:41 PM
When you can't remember if something in the game is a game feature or because of a mod you've downloaded..

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#1940 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 6:23 PM
When you start imagining your aspiration, its level, and your wants and fears. o_O.
Top Secret Researcher
#1941 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 9:12 PM
When you think your friend from school looks like he has a first (default) face template.

PS: He really does look like those default looking sims from TS2 concept images.
Scholar
#1942 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 9:35 PM
When you start playing a game at noon and the next time you look outside, it's sunset
Test Subject
#1943 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 8:23 PM
When you dream of walking through lots and meetiing sims in your game.

When the first thing you do when you see a building/room is start imagining how to replicate it in Sims.

When you realise that you imitate sim interactions in real life.
Mad Poster
#1944 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 10:39 PM
When any article with the word "sim" gets your attention.

Even when it's not related to the game..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#1945 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 11:44 PM
When you complain about the "routing" in real world locations. Or, alternatively, start thinking about how poor the routing skills of other humans actually are.
Forum Resident
#1946 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 7:59 PM
...you have sim-related dreams almost every night, such as nightmares about the game corrupting (one of them including a horribly disfigured Brandi Broke which still makes me a little jumpy whenever I see her in-game). I've also dreamed that I was in some sort of tuk-tuk with one of my sims, who was my friend in the dream, and I still cherish the memory of him giving me a hug :3 And once I dreamed that I was one of my sims.
...you make detailed family trees (one stretching over four sheets of papers and seriously entangled), plans for your next actions in the game, long lists of possible names for simbabies etc.
...you find a lot of the simversions of real songs better than the original versions (case in point: don't care much for The Films "Black shoes", but listen to the simversion of it several times a day)
...you try to learn how to smustle.
...you think of your simfamily as your "second family".
Scholar
#1947 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:05 PM
When you're listening to a song and you imagine your sim dancing to it in your head.
Mad Poster
#1948 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:49 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was in a bookshop with my mum, to buy something to help us to learn Spanish. Instead I very nearly asked the assistant if they had any books for learning Simlish! I just stopped myself in time!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#1949 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 1:21 AM
An entire 40% section (at least) of your imagination is Sims based, an entire fictitious universe.
Inventor
#1950 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 5:22 AM
When your phone just gives up trying to tell you that "sims" actually isn't a word when typing.

When you try to reach for the Buy/Build mode back button in real life.
(Probably already been said at least 3 times by now, but still wanted to add it in because I've honestly done it twice this past week)
Page 78 of 115