Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 11:40 PM
Difficulty in allowing bad things to happen to my Sims
Hi ya'll. I am more of a lurker than a poster. I love reading others thoughts here. I am a Sims 2 addict,... been playing since Spring break. This is my first thread.

This question may seem strange for some but I really, really, reaaallly having a hard time letting anything major bad happen to my sims. For example Divorce.

You see, I tried not to marry Don and Cassandra, but alas, after I saw their devasted reactions and constant bawling to the broken engagement none stop for a whole week, I decided not to save the game. Don irritated me with his cheatings. While engaged to Cass he knocked up Dina. I said okay, no worries, because Cass really wants to marry him.The wedding went through along came four children. Don went again and oppsy Dina and Nina, the same night!! Not only that Cass willing got pregnant with Darren while at New neighbor's house. Can you believe this?
I know Cass really loves Darren and vice versa, but Don loves Cass or has the hotts for her mainly. I decided today that enough is enough. Time for Cass and Darren to be together. But darn it! The kids went balistic! I decided not to save the game.

My other problems are: not allowing firing, not accomplishing lifetime want, no enemies, sibling rivalry, deaths, aging, NO BAD PARTIES they all have to be great or good. This is just some I have a problem yall.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 1:41 AM
It's tough letting bad things happen. You get attached to these dollies, but bad things are part of the challenge too.

I've never had a good party--not even one. No matter how good it is for the most part it always ends up scoring low in the last few minutes. Chance cards are just that, a chance--win or lose. Avoid them or play knowing you might have a bad result, all hearts and flowers all the time is boring.

I've played Cassandra three times and never gotten her married to either Don or Darren. Both would be disasters as her husband. The first time I'd deleted both before I even knew the Goths existed. I married her to my Freetime feature tester. The second and third (current) times I got Don caught cheating first thing and Darren married to someone else before playing the Goths. The first two marriages were fairly good ones for her, the current play is still in the courtship stage.

Just remember, it's only a game. These critters aren't real. You can always try again if the results don't satisfy you. (this from a guy who beat his brains out for hours after one of his simmies failed to return from a Sneak-out.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 2:54 AM
Hi jeffallen,

I know, I know its just a game ... I just want my Simmies to be happy. I know I will eventually have to let go off the first generation, but it's so hard.

To save babies and kids pain I will just wait until get my UNi pack. Then I will send them off to college. Just hope Darren dont fall for anyone before then.

Parties are a breeze for me . Using your pause button while giving directions helps. When I have a alot of guests(8) "moveObjects on" is a great tool. Do not allow the music to be turned off. MAJOR -->Try to make the event the guests are there for happen. Bday-somebody better blow the candles out, wedding-make sure the guests sees the wedding and do cut the cake after, hire a bartender and mingle. I have had 4 Roof raiser weddings and many great or good time bdays n house parties
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:09 AM
Alas I feel your pain I can't stand it when bad things happen to my sims. I generally try to not allow it, thats why I love the mods here. So many of em help achieve wants for my sims especially the Easy computer. Hoot, this has made a couple of platinum sims for me.
Good luck and I will so have to try that tip for parties.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:20 AM
Talk about bad things happening and I wont let it be. In one of my lots I forget about the DREADED bills. The blasted Repoman shows up and I panicked, I remembered a mod on here "NOmoreRepoman" and saved the game. pfft! when I intall the mod, the Repoman still shows up. guess It doesnt work for previous bills. I havent played that lot for awhile now because I dont want my child simmy (she is so precious, loves to dance alot; at parties she would go infront of the stereo and dance the whole 5 mins!! True story) to have that bad memory.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:14 AM
So I was going to make John Mole (desi valley) have a horrible life. but I ended up playing him so often, that I fell in love with him, and he became my first LTW simmie! yay!
Rainy

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
Instructor
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 4:44 AM
Personally, I'm the opposite. If nothing bad happens to a sim family for a long time, I get bored with that family. I'm the sort of player who has a lot of hacks to make life harder for my sims and deliberately sets up bad situations for them (fires, marriages and kids with romance sims, making it difficult for sims to pay their bills, etc.) This is true even for sims I like. Actually, make that especially for sims I like. It's not so much that I enjoy torturing sims (okay, I do that, too, sometimes); I just like to make my sims earn their happy ending.
Test Subject
#8 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 7:40 AM
I'm the exact same way.

I play happy families with lots of kids with high relationship scores. Their motives never get low, they get promotions, they max out hobby enthusiasm, and they usually always have platinum aspiration. They accomplish their lifetime wants, have good parties and are generally very happy. I must admit that I use a lot of hacks to make life easier for my sims.

It can be a little boring, but I don't mind. I don't want my little creatures to be miserable!