Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 9:49 PM
Default To install or not to install... that's the question
Okay, so I really like most of the features in University and I have all the expansions and the objects and hair are great, but I hate the actual university campus and I'm considering uninstalling it because I hate the YA stage so much. I don't like denying my sims what they want and I hate watching them bellyache for a few days that they grew up into adults without going to college, and I hate that EVERY TEEN wants to go. Doesn't matter what the aspiration is, they ALL roll wants to go.

So I was thinking. What if I didn't actually install any of the campuses into the neighborhood? Will they still want to go to university and cry because they grew up from teen to adult without going? I really like all the other stuff with university, but I'm sick to death of college and college sims.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 3:34 AM
I second that, I just started a new town and did not give it any university's. Sadly I have no teens yet so I don't know if it will affect it any. Hoping they don't want to go cause I soooo hate sending em there. I much prefer the forged college document.
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:41 AM
The wants and fears will still be there, and they will cry...

BUT: There are some nice hacks for this in Squinge's Mega College Pack at InSim. You don't have to install the complete pack, just the parts that stops the bad memories and the fear fulfilling.
The wishes will still be there, too, but no crying, no aspiration failure. :D