Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
Sim stuck on a loop, need help
Ok so I did look into the game help section and didn't find anything related to my problem. I also did plenty of google searching and still can not find anything related to my problem.

While I know that this is not a help forum per-se, I figured that with all the long term and knowledgeable players around, this was probably the best place to ask for help.

Ok so, here it is...

Both my sims on this lot currently have a job as cat burglars, so working nightshifts. I wanted to have them rest before their work shift, and while at it I figured I would have them woohoo themselves to sleep (dunno if it's relevent, just adding any details that could help). When the time to take carpool came, I woke them up like I always do, by cancelling the sleep action.

One of them woke up no problem, I cancelled her "go to work" action to have her go to the bathroom first as she had plenty of time, and clicked on the carpool to have her leave for work next. All went like a charm.

Did the same for the second one (while first was doing her thing), however she never got up. At some point she just sat in bed, did some sort of shooing motion (as if "go away, leave me alone, can't you see I'm sleeping here?"), never waking up, missing work... Since she is a bit on the lazy side, I figured that could be it.

However, every few minutes she would loop into that shooing motion and go back to sleep. Now that's my problem. Even though I clicked to cancel the sleep action, it is stuck up there with a big red X on it, she loops into the shooing motion, her energy and comfort bars are full green, but now her bladder, hunger, fun, and social meters have all plummetted to deep red. I actually FF it through 3 days like that and she never woke up.

I was actually hoping she would just die and I would have someone resurrect her, but grimmy never showed up. I tried using boolprop to make the alarm clock ring, didn't work. I tried using the death creator to kill her, but the death gets queued after the canceled and stuck sleep action, so she doesn't die that way either.

I made the mistake of saving while she was stuck in that loop, in the hopes of just going back to the neighborhood screen and back to the lot would fix it (my last save was a while before that and I didn't want to loose it all)... well obviously it didn't fix it.

Ok now I must appologize, I never thought I would write so much about my problem. I thank you all in advance for taking the time to read, and hopefully someone will have an idea for a solution.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:19 AM
Usually the answer is to either use boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true and force error on the sim, (Then turn testing cheats back off by typing false instead of true) or turn MoveObjects on and delete the sim, then exit and re-enter the lot.

But you really should post this in the game help forum if you have already gone through the FAQ.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:22 AM
Thank you for your answer.

Next question, because I must be blind, but where is the game help forum? All I can find is a FAQ.

EDIT: never mind, I AM blind (didn't scroll low enough to see the link to the help forum before). Appologies. Mods can delete this thread, I will repost in the help forum if I can not fix it with force error.
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:31 AM
Game Help Forum

Edit: Guess you found the help forum while I was reading the thread and posting the link. Oh well.