Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:08 AM
A little confused with paintings..
Can I download more than 1 default replacement set for paintings?

And can someone explain to me how I can do this?

Quote:
I realize this replaces the default random pictures that the sims paint but I found it easier to get around the ugly paintings by doing this: When creativity is high enough, an option appears to paint "custom" paintings and I've just been replacing the jpeg pictures in the "paintings" file folder with whatever I want my sims to paint and it seems to work fine so long as they are close to the dimensions....
A little easier than messing around with SimPE as it's all gobbleygook to me Also I have been putting as many or as few pictures in the "paintings" folder as I want, there appears to be no limit of 12 ..... I put the jpeg files here:
Documents>Ea Games>Sims2>Paintings

Do I need an expansion pack to have that folder show up? coz I can't find it right now.. (I have Base, Uni, NL, and OFB)

And if it can work for me, what are the dimensions/size for the jpeg files?

Sorry for asking alot of questions. And thank you for your time.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:30 AM
Hey, you're hot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mon Minou
Hey, you're hot.

Shoo babes :lovestruc I'm trying to get some help here.
Scholar
#4 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:53 AM
1. You can only have 1 set of default replacement paintings. It's like that for all default replacements - 1 set of any replacements. You can certainly download more than 1 set but you can only USE one.

2. For your sim to have the custom painting option I think you need the Pets expansion pack. Not sure if that option came with any of the newer EPs as I have been buying them all as they come out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Engram
1. You can only have 1 set of default replacement paintings. It's like that for all default replacements - 1 set of any replacements. You can certainly download more than 1 set but you can only USE one.

2. For your sim to have the custom painting option I think you need the Pets expansion pack. Not sure if that option came with any of the newer EPs as I have been buying them all as they come out.

Ok ty =] thats all i wanted to know before I go crazy downloading more than 1 set of replacements.

Aw.. pet expansion.. I thought it was something like creating a Painting folder (same as creating the Downloads one =/ )
Site Helper
#6 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:10 PM
Yes, it was available with Seasons as well as Pets, so I assume anything after Pets will probably work.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook