Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13601 Old 13th May 2015 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pizzatron-9000
Aw, I love that "In the Zone" sound! It's like some sort of superhero-ish power-up noise. "Okay, Doctor Mal, get on the robot-building station and whoooooooa, here we go! Maximum Overdrive! Yeah, let's build some friggin' Servos!"

Have you heard it while a sim pulls weeds on 20 garden plants? It goes woosh- off-woosh-off and so on. If you enjoy that, more power to you I guess, but that drove me batty beyond reason.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Inventor
#13602 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Have you heard it while a sim pulls weeds on 20 garden plants? It goes woosh- off-woosh-off and so on. If you enjoy that, more power to you I guess, but that drove me batty beyond reason.

How do you think I keep track of my weedy body count? Wooosh! "One! One dead weed! Da ha ha!" Wooosh! "Two! Two dead weeds! Da ha ha...."

Besides, that's just Nature. Starting the activities for the other nine hobbies doesn't seem to be nearly as frequent. And if you're tired of the repetitive Zone sound on an Arts & Crafts hobbyist on a View Many run, you can always either space the paintings and sculptures further apart, or replace some of the objects with those decorative goodies that feed other hobbies. Like that little My Sims statue that feeds Nature instead.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13603 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:32 AM
I'll leave you to your wooshes. Point is there is a mod to remove wooshes and a mod to remove the glow too if they want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#13604 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:45 AM
How do you think I keep track of my weedy body count? Wooosh! "One! One dead weed! Da ha ha!" Wooosh! "Two! Two dead weeds! Da ha ha...."

In a complete tangent, I'd like to point out that this oddly reminds me of the Count from Sesame Street.

//end tangent//
Theorist
#13605 Old 14th May 2015 at 3:59 AM
Really? It reminded me of Liam Neeson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhDJe8IP8A0

(Resemblance was deliberate, I think... )

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Inventor
#13606 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
In a complete tangent, I'd like to point out that this oddly reminds me of the Count from Sesame Street.

Then my attempt to channel the Count was successful.
Forum Resident
#13607 Old 14th May 2015 at 4:29 AM
Then my attempt to channel the Count was successful.

Pfffhahaha.

I'm glad it was deliberate. Gave me a good giggle! :P
Lab Assistant
#13608 Old 14th May 2015 at 7:39 PM
That cheating seems to reignite the spark between two married Sims who acted like they were just roommates. Or maybe this family is just weird. Trisha Traveller was set up on a blind date in front of her husband, Trent--Trent got pissed, Trisha broke up with him, and then I saw two bolts between the now-exes that I'm pretty sure were not there before :/
Scholar
#13609 Old 16th May 2015 at 11:29 AM
I have just found out that some pets may run away veeeeeery soon.
The Wilsons had adopted Abbey, bought some things for it, filled the bowl... and meantime she got into a fight with an stray dog and run away. Did not even have time to taste the food o_O
Instructor
#13610 Old 16th May 2015 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
Really? It reminded me of Liam Neeson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhDJe8IP8A0

(Resemblance was deliberate, I think... )

I've discovered that my perpetual crush on Liam Neeson is indeed perpetual. :lovestruc

Sim-wise, I've discovered that the Urele-Oresha-Cham gladly accepts female students. I didn't know that it was a fraternity until I moved my sim, Paige, in. (One of the frat brothers is named Ashley- can you blame me?)
Instructor
#13611 Old 16th May 2015 at 6:15 PM
I've discovered that "Freewill off" does NOT override the "morning sickness dash"
Mad Poster
#13612 Old 16th May 2015 at 6:43 PM
Ashley is a boy's name! :S

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#13613 Old 16th May 2015 at 7:54 PM
Google image search Ashley.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#13614 Old 16th May 2015 at 9:25 PM
Ashley used to be a boys name, but (like many other names) has been stolen by girls now.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#13615 Old 16th May 2015 at 9:35 PM
It hasn't been stolen! Guys still use it, too. The same is true of Brittany, and for that matter Tiffany, both of whom are in the sorority. Castor is the genus name for beaver and could arguably be ambiguous, too.

The rest of the names - Heather, Joshua, and Kevin - are pretty firmly gendered, at least in modern America. And of course the Urele-Oresha-Cham household is called "Fraternity Brothers," and clicking on it in neighborhood view brings up pictures of the guys, so I don't think the problem is Ashley's name so much as Gremily just not checking.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#13616 Old 17th May 2015 at 2:31 AM
I have recently discovered that if a Grilled Cheese sim finishes off a grilled cheese sandwich that has been mostly - but not totally - eaten by someone else, it counts towards his/her LTW quota.
Theorist
#13617 Old 17th May 2015 at 12:47 PM
Recently I needed a sim to send into a house where the last resident died and needed to send the urn to cemetery. Didn't see the point in created one in CAS, so I browsed the bin and decided on Julian Cooke. I've used him before to test a house or three and thought he seemed sort of cool. This time I decided to move him in with a single sim who will be getting married soon. I realized his personality sign and points don't match up, having been altered. I randomized a personality and then though, why not his aspiration while at it. Using Simmanipulator, he randomized Grilled Cheese, I was going to randomize again but decided to give it a try. So far he has eaten 25 sandwiches. Now, if he threw a party, served grilled cheese, he could finish off all the uneaten sandwiches and raise his sandwich count faster, wow, thats cool for a cool sim. I have Grilled Cheese modded to 75, instead of 200 and really don't think 75 is that easy to reach. (wanders off while randomly doing figures in the air . . . community lot . . . grilled cheese buffet table . . x # of sims in x # of hours . . . x # sandwiches . . . )

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Alchemist
#13618 Old 17th May 2015 at 12:49 PM
I feel stupid, because it is in the start-up trailer/movie. But a toddler can steal a bottle from another toddler
Instructor
#13619 Old 17th May 2015 at 2:26 PM
.-. Didn't realize the name Ashley would cause such an uproar. Trust me, I've met a male Ashley here and there. It's just that the majority I've ever known have been female. Thus me not thinking it was a frat house. When I went to complete the scenario to get into the Greek house, I used Sim Modder to make my relationships with "All to me" and "me to all" friends. So I had no idea what I was in for. In essence, I cheated my sim Paige's way into greek life.
Mad Poster
#13620 Old 17th May 2015 at 3:45 PM
I always think of him.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#13621 Old 17th May 2015 at 7:59 PM
I already knew there's a lot of variety in terms of money making between the maxis careers, but I never quite realized just how big it is. I just made a spreadsheet of all the different careers and their pay, because I'm a nerd and I wanted to work out realistic tax breaks for the actual economy Sims will have. And it's highlighted a few things

1. Teens make crap money.
2. Being The Law is not worth it.

3. Don't be a Yearbook Club Superviser

4. On second thought, just don't work in Journalism

5. If you have no skills and friends, go into show business

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#13622 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
2. Being The Law is not worth it.

Because you earn 2124 more simoleons a week as Entertainment Attorney (in return for 2 days more off work, though).

Wages aren't fair, just like in real life!
Top Secret Researcher
#13623 Old 17th May 2015 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I always think of him.

That's who I was thinking of all through the conversation.
Inventor
#13624 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:11 AM
Don't forget the Chance Cards, though; different career tracks mean different Chance Cards. Carmilla von Carstein beat the Mad Scientist Chance Card (Level 10 Science job) and won $55,000. Shanta Kiwelo beat the Media Magnate Chance Card (Level 10 Journalism job) and won $48,000. Now Shanta's a Cult Leader (Level 10 Paranormal). I wonder what Chance Card is going to come up this time (if any).
Top Secret Researcher
#13625 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:53 AM
That Sims can have a want to have a good reputation
never saw it until recently with popularity Sim David Ottomas

My Simblr
He/They
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 545 of 619