Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#13626 Old 18th May 2015 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I just made a spreadsheet of all the different careers and their pay

Available anywhere? (I'm in the process of making a custom career and was about to do just the same so I could balance my new job levels against existing ones.)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#13627 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:14 PM
Sunset, Sunrise and beautiful skies, after spending all day downloading them advance mods.... wow, just wow... yep broke me game a bit, and had to spend hours trying to fix it, but wow, just wow....
Scholar
#13628 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:17 PM
A couple of days ago, I had a Sim want to buy a magazine. I've never seen that one before and I've had Nightlife (hence ability to buy magazines) since it was released over 9 years ago.
Top Secret Researcher
#13629 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:50 AM
That you can see rain running down roofs!
Seriously, I never noticed that before. I mean I don't play with roofs up after all XD

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#13630 Old 23rd May 2015 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Wages aren't fair, just like in real life!

On the opposite end of things, teachers actually get paid well in the game. That's very much not the case in real life, at least not in the U.S.

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Test Subject
#13631 Old 23rd May 2015 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedjr89
That Sims can have a want to have a good reputation
never saw it until recently with popularity Sim David Ottomas

They can also have a want for a bad reputation. General Buzz Grunt just rolled that want in my game.
Top Secret Researcher
#13632 Old 23rd May 2015 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flickstar
They can also have a want for a bad reputation. General Buzz Grunt just rolled that want in my game.

Seeing as it's Buzz Grunt...that does not surprise me. Lol

My Simblr
He/They
Instructor
#13633 Old 23rd May 2015 at 6:40 PM
Last night, my college student had the action "sleep on the floor" in her pie menu. (Despite her bed being just feet away from her.)
I guess if you try hard enough, anything can be a bed. Perhaps she was so tired, even the floor looked comfortable.
Mad Poster
#13634 Old 23rd May 2015 at 7:18 PM
Sleeping on the floor is one of the perks of greek houses. There is a mod that enables it on any lot, but in an un-modded game it's exclusive to greek houses.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#13635 Old 25th May 2015 at 4:04 AM
That apparently there actually is a limit to the number of custom sims you can make and put in Body Shop (and in the game CAS). Basically, I, over time, put together the majority of an ensamble cast, saved them but had yet to install them. Just the members of the cast (they were character sims) totaled at somewhere near 60, now that I stopped and counted--and this is without including the other 15 or more random sims I already had in there. So, yeah, it was no wonder that Body Shop went "ahahaha FUCK YOU" when I tried to load it, and even the game itself went "NOPE" and refused to start. Took out the folders holding the cast, and everything was fine again.
Mad Poster
#13636 Old 25th May 2015 at 6:20 AM
Did you by any chance try to delete caches and keep the folders? New CC can make it not start due to caches.

Inventor
#13637 Old 25th May 2015 at 8:51 AM
Did you by any chance try to delete caches and keep the folders? New CC can make it not start due to caches.

Yes, I tried all that. I really do think that it might simply have been a problem of sheer sim volume. I failed to realize I'd added a total of 60+ bodyshop sims, all at once, and that's not including the non-delete-able Maxis pre-made sim templates that come already installed in bodyshop (I really wish those could be deleted, they waste so much space that could be occupied by sims I would ACTUALLY USE).
Lab Assistant
#13638 Old 25th May 2015 at 1:32 PM
That, when bored, children will play with the fridge. In Belladonna Cove little Sally Riley was having a grand old time swinging on the door of the fridge. Opening and closing it. Climbing on it.

I really need to get that kid a jungle gym.
Lab Assistant
#13639 Old 26th May 2015 at 12:48 AM
I never noticed this before--when a sim with not so high fitness does the axe throwing activity in Three Lakes--the axes go all over the place. including on the ground right by his feet.....I was like "oh my".....his wife a dancer with high athletic skill hit the bulls eye every time. I need to pay more attention to all this little details in the game.
Mad Poster
#13640 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:17 AM
That puppies show up under the menu "Breed with...". I found that mildly disturbing. No idea if it'd work, I don't really want to try.

Mad Poster
#13641 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:46 AM
Is that a hack? My pets usually have "Try for puppy/kitten with...", not breed.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#13642 Old 26th May 2015 at 11:57 AM
No. My game is in Swedish, I don't always have the energy to look up the exact wording in the English version, so I just translate the generic meaning. It says try for puppy, I just translated it to breed with.

Mad Poster
#13643 Old 26th May 2015 at 12:38 PM
That puppies show up under the menu "Breed with...". I found that mildly disturbing. No idea if it'd work, I don't really want to try.

It does it with kittens too. It doesn't do anything though. I can't remember if the action just drops straight out of their queue or if they command the pet, and then it drops out of the pets queue, but either way it appears to be just a slightly disturbing glitch.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#13644 Old 26th May 2015 at 1:40 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 26th May 2015 at 6:04 PM.
Last night I saw an autonomous apology. Beth Rutherford had come home with Cato Viejo, visiting Rhett Hart swaggered over to flirt with her, date blows up, Beth makes things worse by trying to flirt with Cato, date ends in video games, I saved and went elsewhere. Last night I opened the house again to get Andrea Martin to go on a date with Rhett and found Beth still hanging around with Cato, playing videogames. He got up to answer the phone. She followed him into the kitchen and apologized. He accepted the apology, allowed her to tickle him, and then poked her.

Cato's kind of a jackass and Beth is kind of dumb. But I don't remember seeing anyone apologize without being directed by me or influenced by an active sim before.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#13645 Old 26th May 2015 at 6:01 PM
I discovered that if you want a house that is only 1/3 actual house and the rest greenhouse, you need at least use the pet fence (the line one) dividing the 2, for the garden plants to grow properly.
Couldn't figure out why my garden was remaining as just mounds (they way they look right after planting and watering them) yet were showing as "thriving" after days of caring for them.
I had built my "alien" house with the front 1/3 of it as a normal house build (to only hold kitchen and bathroom) and then the rest was greenhouse.
After trying for days to get the garden plants to grow, figured it was just a glitch and composted all of the plants (6x12 garden AND none of them actually went to the compost bins!!) and redid them. Again, the same thing happened! Got to thinking and looking at how I built it and then decided to draw a separating line with the pet fence (coz I didn't want walls) and I'll be damned! - a few (sim) hours later the garden popped up like it should have been all along!
Garden should become pick-able, soon lol!!
Lab Assistant
#13646 Old 26th May 2015 at 9:07 PM
When sims try for baby and somebody walks into the room and says goodbye the wave and join their hands back together xD
Top Secret Researcher
#13647 Old 27th May 2015 at 1:47 AM
Lab Assistant
#13648 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:45 AM
Toddlers can pick their noses.

Little Jordan Terrill's dad was teaching him a nursery rhyme, and I noticed that it looked like he was sticking his finger in his nose. Then he pulled his finger out, examined it, and shook something off of it. I wasn't sure if I had really seen what I thought I had . . . and then he did it again. I've raised lots of toddlers, and I have never seen one do that before. Maybe he's going to grow up to be a really sloppy Sim???
Mad Poster
#13649 Old 27th May 2015 at 6:49 AM
I've never seen a toddler who didn't pick his nose, including the ones with 10 neat points. Why are you wondering how he'll grow up? You can look at toddler personalities.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#13650 Old 27th May 2015 at 9:08 AM Last edited by Sims2Christain : 28th May 2015 at 12:25 AM.
I noticed the doors and how detailed the textures are, even around the doorknob. Just beautiful.

Maxis still had some control then, as the maxis that created Sims original, the Sim City series (still love SC4) and started on Sims 2

not Eaxis
Who create Sims 4, Simcity 5 and have ended up killing the companies and projects that made EA great.
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 546 of 619