Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#13651 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:36 AM
Heck, in real life, I've had some toddlers try to pick my nose after they discovered nose-picking. It's a normal part of human development.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#13652 Old 27th May 2015 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I've never seen a toddler who didn't pick his nose, including the ones with 10 neat points. Why are you wondering how he'll grow up? You can look at toddler personalities.

Well, I was looking at MTS - not my game - when I posted. It was just something that occurred to me as I was typing. (I was thinking about how Sims act in CAS when you give them low neatness points.) But when I went back and checked the game, it turns out he has 5 neatness points so I realized that wasn't it.

I suppose if it's a super common activity, I either just haven't noticed it before or my Sim toddlers don't get a chance to do it because they are usually playing with toys.
Scholar
#13653 Old 28th May 2015 at 4:33 AM
Defeat is not the only option on the surgical training station! Max Flexor has both managed to "save" the dummy after it flatlined and pull off several operations without it flatlining at all. It's so much less depressing to know you don't always have to lose...and I think Max should be thinking about a career in medicine, though of course I'll let him have his say in his career when he leaves school...
Alchemist
#13654 Old 28th May 2015 at 8:04 AM
Sims can cheat in chess, and if they get caught they get cranky

And a sim can congratulate another sim who has just gotten a new best friend
Scholar
#13655 Old 28th May 2015 at 3:34 PM
I don't know how I missed it, because I've checked the other websites sticky a million times, but I had NO IDEA that default replacements existed for the outfits and haircuts in the game. I have almost zero CC because I don't want 50 million different hairs and outfits, but there are some choices so ugly and out of date , I feel like they are wasting space. My sims aren't fashion models, but even the most fashion clueless wouldn't wear Brandon Lillard's hair that was out of date even when TS2 first came out. I'm not getting rid of the combovers or some of the choices I think it would be reasonable for an unattractive sim. but WTF? Who would ever wear those rave outfits or the pink gorilla head?!?! I also get peeved when there are 6 haircuts identical except for one tiny barrette I can barely see is a slightly different color from another one. Thank goodness others agreed and made slightly or totally different Maxis Match looks so there is more variety possible in the game.

I don't know if this counts as a game discovery, but it changes EVERYTHING for me. Now I know I can have good stuff without too much bloat and I can get rid of default space wasters I'd never choose, or don't need six nearly identical choices. I knew about skin, eyes and face templates, but this is a Christmas miracle. I can't wait to put makeup on my sims for the first time ever as well. I've always thought almost all the makeup in the game was unflattering and nastier looking that no makeup at all.

Just wondering.. anyone know of default replacements for most of the fuggo sunglasses in the game? As a glasses wearer, I hate how there are billions of sunglesses, but like only 3 pairs of glasses to choose from (One pair suffers from that -- several choices almost identical thing) I'll ask in WCIF after I finish replacing the most offensive hairs and outfits in my game.

Anyway -- http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/ HOORAY!
Mad Poster
#13656 Old 28th May 2015 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
I just noticed that I can use the "Alt" key to pan the camera. An alternative to using the right mouse button.

And if you use Z you can get in close to those toddlers on the floor...I use it a lot.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#13657 Old 29th May 2015 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Sims can cheat in chess, and if they get caught they get cranky

I discovered this relatively recently too. I often try to get Sims to be friends by having them play chess. But I had these two Sims playing together for a long time, and they weren't making any headway into being friends. Then I watched them playing more closely and discovered one was cheating and kept making the other mad and dropping their relationship points. Now I avoid letting my Sims with 1 or 0 nice points play chess with anyone, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#13658 Old 29th May 2015 at 2:58 AM
Quite by accident, I discovered that if you press shift, you can put a stilt foundation on top of another stilt foundation! And the second reaches the height a wall does! I also tested it with the others. Only the lattice works, and instead of putting another on top, it makes the existing one taller.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13659 Old 29th May 2015 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Just wondering.. anyone know of default replacements for most of the fuggo sunglasses in the game? As a glasses wearer, I hate how there are billions of sunglesses, but like only 3 pairs of glasses to choose from (One pair suffers from that -- several choices almost identical thing) I'll ask in WCIF after I finish replacing the most offensive hairs and outfits in my game.

I haven't seen many default glasses around.
There are these MM ones by Phae http://modthesims.info/d/267178

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#13660 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:48 AM
An elder couple had fears of emailing someone. I thought of having them email each other, but didn't want to upset them. (;

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Test Subject
#13661 Old 29th May 2015 at 4:27 PM
Vacation guests who aren't in the original household come under the same banner as pets, apparently. Discovered this when Cassandra Goth took Mary-Sue Pleasant on a Far East holiday and I could only make Mary-Sue do certain things - and only because I have the cheat on.
Mad Poster
#13662 Old 29th May 2015 at 4:58 PM Last edited by gazania : 30th May 2015 at 3:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I haven't seen many default glasses around.
There are these MM ones by Phae http://modthesims.info/d/267178

You can check the Sims 2 default database from time to time: http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/ [EDIT ... Sorry if this was a repeat. But it does bear repeating, I guess!)

Warning: This is a very, very addictive site. I keep coming back to my test game (and my daughter's game), only to exclaim, "Wait a minute! That wasn't the same outfit I saw on this Sim the last time!" I haven't seen sunglasses, but first-time defaults do happen on that site.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#13663 Old 29th May 2015 at 5:05 PM
If you tell s Sim that is lounging to watch TV, they can do it laying down. Guess I never allow much lounging about.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#13664 Old 29th May 2015 at 5:28 PM
That Sims can sit and sleep in armchairs. I had no idea! It's either only autonomous, or I'm failing to find the option when they sit down.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#13665 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
That Sims can sit and sleep in armchairs. I had no idea! It's either only autonomous, or I'm failing to find the option when they sit down.

It's autonomous-only, and only happens for living chairs (not dining chairs or any other type of chair). Useful when there aren't enough nappable items to go round.
Scholar
#13666 Old 29th May 2015 at 11:36 PM
I finally figured out how to make nice roofs and modular stairs. Wow! It only took 10 years too!

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Forum Resident
#13667 Old 30th May 2015 at 5:01 AM
I hate building... especially big things like stupid hospitals and prisons... Wow! It only took 10years too!
Scholar
#13668 Old 30th May 2015 at 5:11 AM
I am actually quite proud of my efforts today!

The Greenwood:

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13669 Old 30th May 2015 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
You can check the Sims 2 default database from time to time: http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/

Warning: This is a very, very addictive site. I keep coming back to my test game (and my daughter's game), only to exclaim, "Wait a minute! That wasn't the same outfit I saw on this Sim the last time!" I haven't seen sunglasses, but first-time defaults do happen on that site.

I've never seen accessories there, they don't even have a tag/area.

That looks good SciBirg.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13670 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I've never seen accessories there, they don't even have a tag/area.

True, but I've seen them modify categories if a set of defaults that doesn't fit the present categories comes up. People are still defaulting things I never knew COULD be defaulted.

Still, it's a great site for browsing, as my daughter can well attest.

On a good note, there are some really unusual and interesting custom glasses out there, for those who really want variety. I have a set of Daft Punk-like ones and heart-shaped ones in my game. There are also ones that are considerably less extreme.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#13671 Old 30th May 2015 at 8:02 PM
I never really just watch the sims do their thing. I micromanage way to much. But i had 4 children playing with blocks on the activity table and after about 30 sim minutes of being shy and barely talking to each other(as the group wasn't close yet) they were throwing blocks around and giggling like crazy. So cute!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13672 Old 30th May 2015 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
True, but I've seen them modify categories if a set of defaults that doesn't fit the present categories comes up. People are still defaulting things I never knew COULD be defaulted.

Still, it's a great site for browsing, as my daughter can well attest.

Oh I know, I'm constantly browsing around that site lol. It's like they have morish brownies, just can't stop going back!

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13673 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:37 AM
I have a lot of clothing defaults from there. Recently my hair defaults all bugged up though, so I had to remove them. DX I'm just hoping the clothing ones stay alright.
Instructor
#13674 Old 31st May 2015 at 1:36 PM
Engaged sims can try to set up their fiance on a blind date
Lab Assistant
#13675 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rinchan7
Engaged sims can try to set up their fiance on a blind date

Yeah, I wish there was a way to stop that. You're engaged! You don't need to go on a blind date!
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 547 of 619