Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 10:40 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 2nd Oct 2017 at 1:16 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is there a way around the "could not import all resources" pop-up with s3pe {solved} - u -
Hi, I'd really like to edit a world in caw but I'm stuck at the first step of even getting it through s3pe. After I try importing it S3PE gives me a notice that it will not complete the action because it isnt able to import all resources. The world is here >http://mariesimblr.tumblr.com/post/...sible-there-are< it's rather tiny so I'm really not sure whats causing the issue. I was wondering if there's someway I have to go about it or if this is just a world I cant edit
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I deleted the resource that was causing the problem from the world file and then imported into the shell package as normal. It at least opened in CAW
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 8:04 AM
Hi @pretenshus

Whenever I had that problem, I would use the second method here:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...593&postcount=3

That error is why I devised that method!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi @pretenshus

Whenever I had that problem, I would use the second method here:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...593&postcount=3

That error is why I devised that method!

Yay! Thank you, but this is what I've been doing, I think.... I have the "shell" resources you provided. This world would just not open or import into the shell file with s3pe. I had to delete the "key_" resource for S3PE to do anything with it at all.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 12:41 PM
Interesting... the _KEY resource seems to be a database of the textures used in the world, so maybe it was hanging on searching for a filepath that didn't exist. Glad you fixed it!
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:13 PM
Resurrecting this old thread because I have just encountered the same problem. S3PE won't import all the resources from a custom world. The error message is this:

Error reading _KEY 0166038C:00000000:34B6D710F34550D1
Front-end Distribution: 14-0222-1852
Library Distribution: 14-0222-1852
== START ==
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Array dimensions exceeded supported range.
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at s3pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s)
at S3PIDemoFE.BrowserWidget.CreateNameMap()
-----
== END ==

It seems to be the same issue with the "_Key" resource. However, I cannot find it to delete it. Can anyone explain how to do this?
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 5:27 PM
Hi I'm glad to help since this was originally my problem which I found out how to fix. In the error you've pasted above S3PE has told you exactly which resource is causing the problem.
" _KEY 0166038C:00000000:34B6D710F34550D1"

That long bit of info is all the exact name and instant of the problem resource, (tag, type, resource, instant, chunk, etc.) Open the world you're trying to import in S3PE and you can scan for the resource or search for it (which I never figured out how to do.) After you find it just delete it and things should work fine!
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 12:42 PM
Thank you so much, pretenshus! The odd thing was I had opened the world and looked for the _Key resource before posting and could not find it. Now I have found it and deleted it. Having CAW abort an open was a first for me and pretty dang scary it was.

Thanks again for helping me.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 12:29 AM
I was just about to post about this. I've been having the same problem trying to edit a world to deepen the ocean since the creator of the world no longer has the CAW files.

I hope this works. I love the world but I can't play without the dive lots XD
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 24th Apr 2018 at 6:45 PM
@boni06

Do you get errors if you use the second method also? Try creating your own resources for the second method if mine do not work- they were created with an old version of CAW.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd May 2023 at 1:17 PM
can i do this without having the caw files? i lost my caw files and now i can't open the world, i can usually always create a new id for it and then i can open it again... but this issue keeps me from doing so, i have worked really long on this world and it would be a shame if i would lose it for good
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th May 2023 at 1:31 PM
@grumpy_toast Yes, these tutorials were created to open a world file in CAW when you don't have the CAW files.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469942