Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th May 2012 at 6:04 PM
Default The Unhashed Keys STBL
I have a question regarding the unhashed keys. Is the stbl supposed to remain in the file? I ask this question because I've opened several other custom career packages that have been shared online and I see no unhashed keys file. I was wondering if that particular stbl disappears after game play or if you are supposed to manually delete it. Or am I just clueless. lol.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 14th May 2012 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BajanEmpress
I have a question regarding the unhashed keys. Is the stbl supposed to remain in the file? I ask this question because I've opened several other custom career packages that have been shared online and I see no unhashed keys file. I was wondering if that particular stbl disappears after game play or if you are supposed to manually delete it. Or am I just clueless. lol.

Mine all seem to stay, so I'd leave them in

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 7:15 PM Last edited by lilibug1 : 5th Jun 2012 at 3:05 AM.
I followed all the steps and my career isn't showing up in game at all. I'm about to use errortrap and will edit this with the results. I was just going to send ThomasRiorden a pm with my file but I couldn't figure out how to attach files via pm, so I'm attaching it here.

EDIT: I have no idea how to make ErrorTrap work - I put it in my Mods folder but I have no script error xml document from today. (I have a ton from yesterday because my game kept crashing from some bad cc)

EDIT 2: I managed to make my career appear and now the numbers won't go away, and all my text is missing. Also, does anyone know if my career should appear on the set career on the mailbox?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Lilia_BonesCareerData4.zip (17.1 KB, 32 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Updated, but still not working - no text
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 4:42 PM Last edited by SimonPimon : 4th Jun 2012 at 12:38 PM.
So I got my career to work and it all worked perfectly until my sim reached level 4 in the career track. Now the job performance bar won't move at all, it's completely frozen, even with the "Work Hard" setting enabled. Any ideas what might be causing this? Edit: It seems it was just a temporary bug, it worked properly the next time my sim went to work.

Also, if I want my skill tone to first appear at level 3, how do I do this? Currently, it exists from the beginning at level 1.
Scholar
#55 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:04 PM
I'd like to be able to include the Lectures metric that the Education career has from Ambitions. Does anyone know how/where I can find the coding for it?
Many thanks

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Test Subject
#56 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missyhissy
I'd like to be able to include the Lectures metric that the Education career has from Ambitions. Does anyone know how/where I can find the coding for it?
Many thanks

Level 6 in the Education career has this coding:

<Metric4>GiveLectures</Metric4>
<Mappings4>-1,0,4</Mappings4>

Go to Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay and open GameplayData.package with S3PE. The careers are located in Careers.xml
Scholar
#57 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimonPimon
Level 6 in the Education career has this coding:

<Metric4>GiveLectures</Metric4>
<Mappings4>-1,0,4</Mappings4>

Go to Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Gameplay and open GameplayData.package with S3PE. The careers are located in Careers.xml

Ahh, that's perfect, thanks!

Lab Assistant
#58 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 2:47 AM
Default Help?
I don't know what it is, but I can't get my career to load in-game. I'm also not sure how to use ErrorTrap, so I can't check my problem. Any advice?
Scholar
#59 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Acornicus
I don't know what it is, but I can't get my career to load in-game. I'm also not sure how to use ErrorTrap, so I can't check my problem. Any advice?

Do you have Twallan's Careers mod installed? Other than that, you might have missed a BLANK somewhere.

Does anyone know how we do a split career, such as the Law Enforcement or Music careers?

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 25th Jun 2012 at 3:13 AM
Do you have Twallan's Careers mod installed? Other than that, you might have missed a BLANK somewhere.

I went looking through my files and filled out all the blanks and still nothing. I also checked and I have Twallan's Career mod installed, so I can't figure out what's wrong. Would someone like take a look at it and help me? If so, I'll attach a link in the next post I make or this one.
Scholar
#61 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 10:33 AM
I went looking through my files and filled out all the blanks and still nothing. I also checked and I have Twallan's Career mod installed, so I can't figure out what's wrong. Would someone like take a look at it and help me? If so, I'll attach a link in the next post I make or this one.

Sure, I'll have a look for you

Lab Assistant
#62 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 5:10 PM
Default Thanks a lot!
Sure, I'll have a look for you

Thanks a ton! If you need any other files, please ask.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Stadium_Odd_Job_Career.rar (11.9 KB, 32 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
#63 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 9:30 AM
Thanks a ton! If you need any other files, please ask.

From a look at the file, I see a few things
1. In your Tones file, there is a BLANK: <Skill1>BLANK</Skill1>
2. I think the spaces in you Careers file could be causing an issue.
3. There doesn't seem to be anything in the UnhashedKeys file
4. Neither the UnhashedKeys nor the English file have been renamed and FNV hashed to make them unique.

Did you follow ThomasRiordan's way of doing the English file?

Scholar
#64 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 1:58 PM
Has anyone worked out how to make the part time jobs available for teens?

Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 9:56 PM
Can someone please clarify how you complete the final step (where you copy down the number and stuff).

I've done everything up to the end and it still doesn't work. When I go to the rabbit hole it just says "Join Career [RANDOM NUMBER HERE]".

I copied the number down, put the STR into the FNV and hit calculate and I got the hash. I replace the "NoCareer" with the "JoinCareer[Numbers]. Then I replaced the hash with the one that I calculated, saved and put the package (with the loader) in the folder.

When I go in game it just comes up with the "JoinCareer[Numbers] crap and the only thing that comes up is the picture with no description or job title.

Can anyone help me?
Scholar
#66 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Slash25
Can someone please clarify how you complete the final step (where you copy down the number and stuff).

I've done everything up to the end and it still doesn't work. When I go to the rabbit hole it just says "Join Career [RANDOM NUMBER HERE]".

I copied the number down, put the STR into the FNV and hit calculate and I got the hash. I replace the "NoCareer" with the "JoinCareer[Numbers]. Then I replaced the hash with the one that I calculated, saved and put the package (with the loader) in the folder.

When I go in game it just comes up with the "JoinCareer[Numbers] crap and the only thing that comes up is the picture with no description or job title.

Can anyone help me?

Have you also put the Numbers in your English STBL? You need to make sure the numbers are in the English STBL too, or it will stay as the numbers. That should do it

Lab Assistant
#67 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 11:38 PM
From a look at the file, I see a few things
1. In your Tones file, there is a BLANK: <Skill1>BLANK</Skill1>
2. I think the spaces in you Careers file could be causing an issue.
3. There doesn't seem to be anything in the UnhashedKeys file
4. Neither the UnhashedKeys nor the English file have been renamed and FNV hashed to make them unique.

Did you follow ThomasRiordan's way of doing the English file?

Thanks, I made the corrections but still nothing. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, so I'll keep checking and working on it. Thanks for the help! ♥
Scholar
#68 Old 6th Jul 2012 at 10:52 AM
Thanks, I made the corrections but still nothing. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, so I'll keep checking and working on it. Thanks for the help! ♥

If you want to send me the file again, I can take a look for you, if you want?

Test Subject
#69 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 1:14 PM
Did anyone ever work out how to make gender-specific job titles?
Scholar
#70 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Le Fey
Did anyone ever work out how to make gender-specific job titles?

I haven't done yet. It's the next thing on my list to test after custom opportunities

Test Subject
#71 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 7:45 PM
I worked for hours perfecting my career and followed all the steps, but whenever I go in game to the rabbit hole, my career comes up as "JoinCareer[mynumber]" and the text refuses to show up. It said there was a script error with Nraas Career, so i know it's my job. could someone please help? :/
Scholar
#72 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by van322a
I worked for hours perfecting my career and followed all the steps, but whenever I go in game to the rabbit hole, my career comes up as "JoinCareer[mynumber]" and the text refuses to show up. It said there was a script error with Nraas Career, so i know it's my job. could someone please help? :/

Did you follow ThomasRiordan's method of creating the English STBL strings? I had the same problem as you until I used his method and that worked

Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 10:20 AM
I haven't done yet. It's the next thing on my list to test after custom opportunities

Oh, how is that going? I'm at a loss as to how you make the careers more complex than just having the basic frame as described in the tutorial

And yeah, I find making custom careers is pretty hit and miss for me. My first one took several attempts starting from scratch because I just couldn't work out where it was going wrong. I think I tend to get impatient in the more arduous sections and try to speed it up, only to make a mistake somewhere.
Test Subject
#74 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 8:43 PM
I've been looking for an in depth tutorial! Thank you~
Is there any way to have the career branch out? Like how the law enforcement career branches out to forensics and super spy or how the music career has rock and classical?
Thanks for such an awesome tutorial!
Scholar
#75 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 9:56 AM
LeFey: It's been a bit of hit and miss at the moment. More script errors than I can count!
gumi18: Yes, there is. I haven't tested it out myself just yet, but when you want to add the levels for the branches, you add to the levels:
<BranchName></BranchName>
<BranchSource></BranchSource>

From what I can gather, you put Base in the BranchSource and the name of your branch in BranchName, for example Rock or Symphonic.
In the point in the tutorial where you begin to edit the careers file, add this in beneath the <Text_JobOffer> :
<Text_BranchOffer>CAREERNAMEBranchOffer</Text_BranchOffer>
<Text_BranchName1>CAREERNAMEbranchname1</Text_BranchName1>
<Text_BranchName2>CAREERNAMEbranchname2</Text_BranchName2>

So to use the Music career as an example again:
<Text_BranchOffer>MusicBranchOffer</Text_BranchOffer>
<Text_BranchName1>MusicRock</Text_BranchName1>
<Text_BranchName2>MusicSymphonic</Text_BranchName2>

Like I said, I haven't tested this myself yet, but from peaking at Twallan's Mobster career, that's what it seems to need.

Page 3 of 23