Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 1:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default two ea games folders
Help. So I am trying to install sims 2 packs. I do have my sims 2 downloads folder, but accidentally I have an ea games folder in the users public folder as well. I have two downloads folders: One is the original in doc, and the other in public. I use clean pack, and I tried to install the content, but the lot never shows up! So where and how do I properly install it in this scenario?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 2:21 AM
Windows 7 makes two EA folders, which is a pain but nothing you can do about it I don't think. If you delete the other one it will come back. The second one should go EA Games/The Sims 2/nothing.. You just ignore it. The one you use should go EA Games/The Sims 2/ All the folders your game is using. Clean Installer needs to send the lot file to the teleport folder, which is one of those folders inside the 'real' EA Games/The Sims 2 folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 1:25 PM
Actually, I found out what to do. I have to save the lots/sims in the teleport folder in the users folder, rather than the default documents one.
Alchemist
#4 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 1:33 PM
Here is some info on the two folders by BoilingOil:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8312.0
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 1:41 PM
You only need to send lots go the Teleport folder - sims should go in Downloads or SavedSims.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.