Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 3:47 PM
Default Custom Plants
I used EA's store lupin as a base, resized it, and recolored it (x3 for variation). I used S3PE, Gimp, and SpeedtreeCAD4.2. There are virtually NO tutorials on Speedtree so I was blundering along just seeing I could manage to get something working. With it and CMar's instructions from this old post I was able to get all 3 working, independent of the original and base game compatible.

They work great (waving in the wind, resized variations when placing) except that when I zoom out, they get really dark (up close they're a tiny bit darker than they should be, most notable by comparing the leaves since I didn't change the textures on those at all). The original does not so I'm not sure what I've managed to lose in the process. I've checked the original vs mine and the only file that's missing in the file is an _XML so I'm wondering if it's some setting in Speedtree. I honestly have no idea how to import textures into Speedtree so I can only see the white model there but I've checked the numerical settings from one to the other to see if by resizing I somehow changed something else but everything, other than my resized numbers, looks the same.

It's a fairly small issue but I'd like them to work as correctly as possible and, if I can fix this, I'd love to be able to.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."