Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:06 AM
Kitchen/Cooking Mishaps and Accidents!
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if something has gone terribly wrong while you were cooking or while you were in the kitchen.

For me, I was making some nice, hot soup. I just took it out of the microwave when my sister came out from behind the fridge and scared my half to death. My soup fell to ground and splashed all over my sister's feet, she screamed. My sister had to go the hospital to treat the burns.

That's the end of my mishap, looking forward to seeing yours!

Oh yeah, people say that women are better in the kitchen then men are, do you believe this or not?

If you are not a fan of Kirby, you make my cry. If you are a fan of Kirby, you make me feel overjoyed! Kirby FTW, forever!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 1:25 PM
yeah,i believe what you said cause my fist pizza i made in my life ( i love pizza ) was as hard as a stone i remake it 100 times tell i give up also when i was young about 8 i made Rice Rissole with my father ( a kind of food in Egypt always fried in oil ) when i put the pan of oil on the stove i didn't notice any boiling of the oil so i increased the oil with 1/4 cup of water '' my father didn't notice'' when he fried the rissoles it flayed and expload in the air hahaha that was a bad day in my life.

Knight Of The Moon
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:56 AM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:15 AM.
Then why are majority of professional chefs are male?

I boiled eggs in saucepan as usual then I went to my bedroom, got busy with my activities on my laptop, thinking, "I will pick up my eggs 30 minutes later".

Sometime later, I smelled smoke in my bedroom. Holy shit.... my eggs. I completely forgot. Across the house hallway, I could see smoke comes from the kitchen. I ran to the kitchen, immediately turned off my stove, finding my saucepan was completely destroyed by burned eggs to black The eggs had no shape, creepily burnt, smelled bad, it was like a total hell to remember. The saucepan was crusted as hell also, the crust couldn't be erased although I washed it like crazy. I gave up then threw that saucepan away to trash bin.

Moral of the story: Do not ever leave your food in the middle of cooking process away from kitchen.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Then why are majority of professional chefs are male?

I boiled eggs in saucepan as usual then I went to my bedroom, got busy with my activities on my laptop, thinking, "I will pick up my eggs 30 minutes later".

Sometime later, I smelled smoke in my bedroom. Holy shit.... my eggs. I completely forgot. Across the house hallway, I could see smoke comes from the kitchen. I ran to the kitchen, immediately turned off my stove, finding my saucepan was completely destroyed by burned eggs to black The eggs had no shape, creepily burnt, smelled bad, it was like a total hell to remember. The saucepan was crusted as hell also, the crust couldn't be erased although I washed it like crazy. I gave up then threw that saucepan away to trash bin.

Moral of the story: Do not ever leave your food in the middle of cooking process away from kitchen.

I have three dead woks in my garage ... don't ask .....
Theorist
#5 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 3:35 AM
I once let, I was 12/13 yo, a heavy kitchen drawer (of oak wood or something, can't remember) to far out of the kitchen cabinet, so it fell on my foot. I had a bruised foot for a few weeks.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
#6 Old 4th Sep 2015 at 3:04 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 4th Sep 2015 at 3:54 PM.
That sounds very ouch, @Viktor86 Oh I have more stories to tell.

1) After I put rice into a rice cooker jar, I forgot to click "Cook" button, but “Warm" instead. I realized one hour later after I went back to kitchen again, quickly pressed the "Cook" button. I was relieved no one saw my embarrassing activity.

2) One day when I was cooking pork luncheon meat, I put a piece of meat a little too powerful, it was like I threw that meat into a wok of hot frying oil, causing the oil splashing, fell right on my foot! Ouch, it was very painful. I rinsed my foot with cold water, not enough to heal the dark spot on my burned foot skin. I applied olive oil on my burned foot skin, hopefully the injured skin would not leave obvious ugly dark trace. About one month later, the injured skin has recovered gradually to almost normal. I still have that darker shade on my foot skin.

3). I don't have oven, so to bake a chocolate cake I made it impromptu without recipe, I put it in microwave. The result was a not-too-soft "chewy" solid cake.

4) I put too much baking soda in a cake dough, (plus I put it in microwave, also) resulting the cake became way too hard to eat. I threw that inedible cake away to trash can, causing ants surrounding the trash can and made my mother angry.

5). I stirred the prawn wontons in oil too eagerly, resulting all prawn meat detached from their wonton wrappers. At least the wontons were still tasty.

6) When I was a little kid, I held the plate of freshly cooked instant noodles, I was holding the plate tilted, causing the noodles spilled on the floor.

7) I opened a can of sardines ( the easy open lid), the can finally could be opened but the tomato sauce with chili inside that can burst into my eyes...

8). I was trying to open a can of corned beef, although the can was an easy open lid one, it was damn too hard to pull! The can finally could be opened and my finger bled afterwards.

#7 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 5:10 AM
So this group is completely dead? Wish there are more active members here, reading shared experiences from you all is very interesting.

I had two burned food cooking accidents on the same week recently, just enough already.