Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:49 AM
Default New LATTE and MOCCA Awards, for TS2 and TS3!
Dear MTS Members and Creators,

Some of you might remember the MOCCA and LATTE awards to recognise outstanding achievements in the modding community. The last lot of MOCCAs and LATTEs were some time ago, and with all the development in TS3 modding we have selected a new crop of award winners for us all to recognise. Of course, TS2 is still a big part of the community, and so we will not be excluding creators/innovators who continue to support TS2 for us all to continue to enjoy.

What are MOCCA and LATTE?

The MTS (award for) Outstanding Continued Creative Achievement
aka MOCCA - This is to recognise creators who have consistently produced excellent work, as well as those who have broken the boundaries of creative content.

and

The Lifetime Achievement for Tools/Technical Excellence
aka LATTE - This is to recognise people who write tools for all to use, and those who generally help in various ways in the community. Without their tireless efforts, we wouldn't be here at all.

This time, we are honouring the following members:

The LATTE Awards:

CmarNYC - For making some amazing tools for all creators to use (Morph Maker, Tattooinator to name just two) and for always being there to support and update the tools.
pljones - where would we be without Peter and s3oc, S3PE and the entire s3pi library; not forgetting, too, his work on various TS2 projects, not the least of which is SimPE!
twallan - for awesome and incredibly useful mods - custom careers, the incredibly powerful MasterController and game-saving Overwatch to mention just a few - and for the fantastic support he provides for them.
jonha - for projects including the AnyGameStarter 3 and the CTU - useful tools that make modding much more fun, as well as for being one of the first people to figure out custom sliders.
MogHughson - For taking the maxis BHAVS and standing them on their head in order to deliver awesomeness - and for documenting so many of them in the wiki.
CatofEvilGenius - For all those handy Milkshape Plugins that make bodymeshing so much easier, and for making clothes for our elders to make them more attractive to play

The MOCCA Awards:

-Shady- - Long renowned as a maker of fantastic genetics for TS2, and now branching out into TS3 genetics and beautiful lots galore; really, we just reckon -Shady- needs the caffeine to keep building so fast!
HugeLunatic - Has been creating high quality work based on great ideas for both TS2 and TS3 for a long time; coming up with innovative new ideas; and providing invaluable help to other modders.
fakepeeps7 - Without fakepeeps' gorgeous work, our sims 2 kids would be pretty much naked 90% of the time. For consistently creating beautiful, high quality stuff in one of the most sorely neglected areas of modding!
Pixelhate - One of the best creators of all things grungy and (seemingly) broken out there; we can't exactly call his work "beautiful" but... well, you get it.

The award winners will get a custom trophy and a little cup o' caffeine icon by their names.

Time for a big cheer and thanks yous for these talented folks, some of the many people who make our games so much more fun to play. Of course, there are plenty of other people we want to shower with thanks and cookies - so we look forward to handing out more MOCCAs and LATTEs in the future!

MTS Staff

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:19 AM
Congratulations to all the coffee winners. Thanks to all of the people who have got an award this time round, and all the creators who spend their time making neat stuff for our games.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Theorist
#3 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:34 AM
Ahh the awards are so cute! Congrats guys

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:08 PM
Mmmm! DELICIOUS!
Congratz everybody! You well deserved it! :D

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:11 PM
Congratulations award winners! Very well deserved! And Thank You to all for making the Sims community Awesome!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:26 PM
Congratulations,
but it's more like the mocca and the latte should be honored to have you.
Amazing work.

We've got the soul, we've got the honey.
Staying alive, we keep on running.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:35 PM
I know I posted the article, but I didn't write it, so I'm still allowed to comment. A huge YAY to all the lovely awardees! Your work really is invaluable, and I can't imagine what we'd all do without you. Thankyou!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 12:42 PM
I just let Peter know at work, he's very pleased, thank you

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#9 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 1:00 PM
Congratulations to all the winners! Very well deserved.

You can find my Sims 3 Mods at TFM's Sims Asylum .
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#10 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 1:38 PM Last edited by NixNivis : 21st Jan 2011 at 5:33 PM. Reason: I can't spell
Congratulations, everybody! Very well deserved, every single cuppa!
Scholar
#11 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 1:55 PM
Congratulations everyone!

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:15 PM
Congratulations to all of the amazing winners! Coffee well deserved
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 5:29 PM
Congratulations to All Winners, they are Well Deserved!!! Thanks to All of You for making the Sims Worlds more Enjoyable!
Not actually evil.
#14 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:05 PM
Congrats to all the award winners! Thanks for making that great stuff I keep downloading!

* clap clap applause applause *

I feel very honored, thank you. The Sims game has been a wonderful hobby over the years, and that is due in large part to this site, MTS. The people, tutorials, and CC at MTS improved my game experience tremendously and inspired me to make CC. I'm so glad folks find my efforts to give a bit back useful.

* happy dance *

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#15 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:12 PM
Congratulations to all of you and Especially Peter for fixing SimPE when Quaxi was gone and for S3PE and S0c3 because without those tools, I would never be able to mod anything. I just mash meshes but I need programmers to figure out how to get into the packages. And Pixelhate... well, your work is BEAUTIFULLY DONE, even if grungy and unappetizing! lol LOONEY! Way to go!

I'm going to have to pay attention to what the other award winners have been doing! ;0) Congratulations!
Retired
retired moderator
#16 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 6:19 PM
Congrats all. Your efforts are amazing and we're incredibly thankful for them.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#17 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:02 PM
Congratulations to all the Winners
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#18 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:27 PM
Congrats and thanks to all LATTE and MOCCA recipients! Well deserved.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Don't ask me, I just code
#19 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:45 PM
I won't make a speech, just to say thank you so much .
Theorist
#20 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 7:46 PM Last edited by Honeywell : 21st Jan 2011 at 9:05 PM.
Congrats to the recipients for your well deserved awards!
Forum Resident
#21 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 8:28 PM
Congratulations to all the winners! You guys are invaluable around here. Thanks so much.

Facebook | Currently On Hiatus | Twitter
Current Works-In-Progress: 0
Future Car | 2012 EA Cars | Car Parts | Jet Plane | Telephone Table | Concept Car
Traditional Bed Set | Living Set | 82 Slate Roofs | 1/2-Tile Kitchen Set | Distant Terrains | Kids Bedroom
transmogrified
retired moderator
#22 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 8:48 PM
Congratulations to all the winners! Well deserved! Thanks for all you do to inspire us and make our games more fun...with an extra-special selfish thank you for those caffeine recipients who are still expanding and exploring and improving TS2.
Scholar
#23 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Pixelhate : 21st Jan 2011 at 9:23 PM.
Thank you mucho to everyone. Even though I'm retired from creating, I'm very honoured and touched. All the credits and the good vibes should go to the MTS Staff and Helpers for their incredible work and niceness all along these year: you all rock the socks !
And, of course, thanks a lot to the downloaders without whom I'm nobody.
I hope to be back one day ...
:lovestruc with love,
Pix.

Understand Material definition-TXMT and customize the look of your objects ! This way

"The longer something exists in this world, the more wear and tear it will have."
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:03 PM
Congratulations to all of the award winners, very well deserved!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#25 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:50 PM
Thank you SO much! I'm honored and frankly flabbergasted at being put in the company of the other award winners, who are all truly awesome. Congratulations to everyone!
Page 1 of 2