Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 6:04 AM
Default Yet another second level pool question (with pics)
Is it possible to bring a pool level with above ground floor tiles?
Here are two pics of what I'm trying to do. The first is without the gridlines, the second is with the gridlines:

Right now the top of the pool is level with the nearby floor tiles. How can I make them meet?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 3:45 PM
I doubt that you can, since they are probably on different levels,

Your only option (if they are on different levels) is to use stairs. There are some 0-level stairs available here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=402863
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 6:09 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 25th Aug 2014 at 6:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I doubt that you can, since they are probably on different levels,

Your only option (if they are on different levels) is to use stairs. There are some 0-level stairs available here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=402863

Yeah, they're on different levels.
Guess I can't make Frank Lloyd Wright's Ennis house:

Originally it was built without a pool, so that will be my option:

I'll pass on using something like 0-level stairs, as I just don't care for that kind of roundabout gimmickry. Plenty of other, less complicated projects to play with.

I did have the opportunity to use your Grid Adjuster for the first time the other day. Worked pretty well, although I eventually declined to use it. I'll use it eventually.
Do you think it might be useable in regard to my pool problem, or does it just work with foundations? Hmm, might be something to try out.

Edit: I've just had another idea of how I might be able to make this house, with pool. I'll see how it goes.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 7:12 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 26th Aug 2014 at 4:46 AM.
So I was messing around with this, seeing how else I could make this house.

I raised the ground level and installed a pool.
Then I tried leveling some ground, not close to the pool. Wouldn't let me do it. I've never seen this before, although I possibly just never noticed it. Is this normal?

It will let me level in CFE mode, but not in normal mode.
I've also noticed that if I Undo everything the grid lines look somewhat weird, with some lines darker than others and some other weirdness that's hard to describe, like a kind of 'shimmering' of the grid lines where the hill and pool were.

Edit: Never mind, I figured out what was happening..
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:18 AM
Hello, perhaps You have already found answer for your question, but I I will tell how to solve. Do I understand correctly, you want to combine a swimming pool on the second floor, in short to make a pool on the 2nd floor? *translate by Google*)
In general this: make below the pool or remove it, then fill the hole above it, 3 - raise by code "boolprop constrainFloorElevation (true/false)" the level of the pool to the 2nd floor, in the fourth... you guessed it. Voila!
And option - cover ceiling tiles.
If even so my translation is not clear, I can show on screen.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gulchatay
Hello, perhaps You have already found answer for your question, but I I will tell how to solve. Do I understand correctly, you want to combine a swimming pool on the second floor, in short to make a pool on the 2nd floor? *translate by Google*)
In general this: make below the pool or remove it, then fill the hole above it, 3 - raise by code "boolprop constrainFloorElevation (true/false)" the level of the pool to the 2nd floor, in the fourth... you guessed it. Voila!
And option - cover ceiling tiles.
If even so my translation is not clear, I can show on screen.

Uhmm, yeah, your translation is somewhat unclear, especially the "you guessed it" part.
If you want to try it with pictures, go ahead.
What is your language? Maybe someone here can translate.